Ready for the special room

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 19, 18 10:26 PM
When I summarized with the others our problems, I purposely omitted the NUMBER ONE problem we have to solve before committing ourselves to anything else.

I have not forgotten the altercation between the Cap’n and Breeze over the amulets.
But if the Cap’n says that they are safe then so be it.

That does not alter the fact that Breeze is still correct in her thinking.

Someone or something is broadcasting everything that we say or do to the profound evil that is our enemy. And that is why our unworthy CEO gets intel. as soon as we act.

I MUST combat this before we are incarcerated yet again.

But how?

I need a “cunning plan” and immediately before we set off to rescue Grim.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 19, 18 10:54 PM
SO BREEZE WAS RIGHT. I CAREFULLY MOVE THE KITTEN-ERMINE SAM LOOKS AT ME WITH ONE EYE. I PICTURE TO HIM THAT I MUST GET UP SO HE LEAVES MY LAP. I SET THE STILL SLEEPING KITTEN-ERMINE DOWN IN THE CHAIR. SAM RESUMES HIS POSITION NEXT TO HER.

I CROSS TO PTG. I STAND BY HIS TABLE AND WAIT. HE DOES NOT SEEM TO NOTICE ME SO I SIT DOWN LOOK AT HIM AND TELL HIM WHAT I AM THINKING.

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A VERY LARGE UN-NOTICED ARMY AT YOUR BECK AND CALL. EVERYONE HERE HAS SMALL ANIMALS CATS, DOGS, BIRDS, RABBITS, LEMURS, AND OTHERS. HAVE THEM SEND THEM OUT TO NOSE AROUND. AND LISTEN TO WHAT IS BEING SAID. AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT GO IN GROUPS NO ONE SHOULD PAY THEM ANY ATTENTION. THEY CAN GET INTO PLACES WE CAN NOT. IF THEY STAY OUT OF RANGE OF FEET SO AS NOT TO BE KICKED OR STEPPED ON. THEY SHOULD BE OK.

THE BIRDS CAN SIT IN TREES OR BUSHES AND LISTEN. THE RABBITS ARE GOOD AT HIDING IN SMALL PLACES. THE SAME WITH CATS. DOGS NOT SO MUCH. BUT THEY WILL SEE AND HEAR THINGS WE WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO.

I HAD SAID MY PIECE AND WENT TO THE KITCHEN TO SEE IF I COULD GET MORE TEA. AND MAYBE SOMETHING TO EAT.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 19, 18 10:59 PM
I flit over to my Special Room and turn on all the alternatives that I have purchased over the years.

I change my suit of armor to the skinny scarecrow and cart it back to my Hospital Room using my broom as a charabanc.

There I rummage around in the cupboard and get my spare huggie jacket in which I clothe the scarecrow.

If I put my long white night cap on its head, then from a distance it is a clone of me!

Voila!

I return to the outside of the Tea Room with the dummy and get my broom to stay as a rustic seat

On it rests my “clone” and if I say so myself it looks very realistic!

I quietly slip back inside the Tea Room and hold my fingers to my lips to shush the others into silence.

Using my amulet I think to Roo to pass me her lightning rod which she has hidden in a fold in her voluminous combat jacket.

The others look very puzzled but say nothing.

I look out of the window and wait.

All remains calm and peaceful.

I go into the kitchen and quietly tell Mrs Fletcher that I am going outside for a bit of fresh air; and then rush back to the window to observe.

All remains calm and peaceful.

Have I got my thinking cap wrong?

I return to the Tea Room and quietly tell the others that I going outside to think more about the evil surrounding us.

When I look outside the window this time, I see a ripple in the ground coming up from the moat.

Suddenly there is an eruption of Praetorian Guards all dressed with woody twigs and brambles who pounce on my clone.

As they do so, I open the window and discharge Roo’s lightning rod.

There is a mass exodus with howls of anguish as the singed Guards try to cool off in the moat.

Sooooo! The problem is in THIS ROOM.

But where and how?

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 20, 18 5:33 AM
While I have been resting, my ghostly protector have been moving around the room, studying everyone and everything. Every few minutes he would check on me and then go back to studying the room.

BFF was also quietly circling the room, but her attention was on the occupants. I noticed every time she went by someone, objects near them would move around. One time PTG reached for his cookie and the cookie disappeared

As for Big Kitty? After being unsuccessful in getting some loving from PTG, she came back to me and was resting at my feet. However, she soon began watching Charlie closely. I could see Charlie had a two small animals in her lap, both of which she was stroking. One appeared to be a ghost cat and the other? I couldn't tell. But I could tell what Big Kitty wanted. And although I thought Charlie wouldn't mind giving Big Kitty some attention, she did not need a tiger in her lap!

Lucky for her and me, Charlie chose that moment to get up. Problem adverted for now.

I was watching PTG. After he had announced he was going outside to think, he instead went to the window and waited.

BFF floated behind him and looked over his shoulders. My protector was close behind.

Then PTG took out a lightening rod and fired. I could hear the screams outside from where I sat. Then I heard splashes.

BFF laughed and then waved to me. Then she shot out the window. I could then hear even more howls and splashes.

My protector cam back to me.

"What was going on?"

"Your friend set up a dummy outside dressed as him. The guards took the bait."

"And PTG just announced he was going outside." I thought for a moment. "There is something in the room communicating with the guards."

"Something, or someone."

"Where did BFF go?"

"Annaliese?" He smiled. "She went after the guards. She is not like the rest of us, she is original to the Castle. She is a poltergeist, a mischievous spirit. Have you ever had problems with your game that no one could explain or fix.?"

"You mean they programmed her to cause problems in the game?"

"No, she just showed up to cause mischief. And now you have given her something to focus her mischief on. I almost feel sorry for the guards. Almost."

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 11:06:45 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 20, 18 4:04 PM
PTG’s little experiment with the scarecrow is devastating news.Mrs Fletcher will have palpitations when she finds out her Tea Room has been invaded with a bug.
I collect a wad of serviettes & a pencil as I walk to PTG’s table.

I write on the serviette that “we can use the bug in our favour to give false information to the guards.” I pass this note across to PTG.He nods that he understands.I pass another note to him “We must keep everyone talking or the guards will suspect we know they are listening in on us” In my next note I suggest we can create a diversion,sending them off somewhere thinking they can set up an ambush for us.We can make a quick getaway in the opposite direction to find Grim.PTG frowns so my next note says”Of course if you have a better suggestion I’m all ears”

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 21, 18 2:33 AM
I read Roo’s notes that she hands me and agree with her.

We need a diversion and a good one.

Well recently I had “borrowed” the large telescope from the Dark Tower and able to use it before being told off by concerned citizens.

Well perhaps I can do something similar again.

I will use the Metro Station and its resources.
The Broken Scarab would be an ideal weapon if only it was working.
But I have all the components to do this and surplus inventory to repeat operations if necessary.

Since I was successful in recently fooling the Guards with my manikin dressed as me, I’ll use the same trick again.

I take the paper from Roo and write down some simple and unambiguous instructions:

“NO talking!

"Just write:
“I need all of you to get your manikins from your Special Rooms and do what I did.
“Dress them in your spare huggie jackets and bring them back here. My broom can help you with the transfers without being detected.”

I pass copies of the note to all those present.

“NO talking!!!”

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 21, 18 2:38 AM
With quizzical or somewhat bemused expressions on their faces they leave as requested.

Since they want me to lead them then so be it!

I will lead. I only hope that it doesn’t lead them into disaster.

They all return puffing and panting. Since some of them are not well or fit there have been some slight problems in getting the manikins here. But all is now ready.

I tell my broom to take all of the dressed manikins to the Train Cabin in the Metro Station and to arrange them on the seat inside.

I then get my partners around me in the Tea Room and say:
“I know the quickest and safest way to get Grim!”

Since I was speaking out somewhat loudly Roo immediately tries to shut me up by poking me in the ribs.

Gasping, I continue.

“We must use the Metro Station and ‘let the train take the strain’!

“All of you get into the Train Cabin and wait for me”

Silently I stop them in mid exit from the Tea Room!

I get Roo to give me a small stick of dynamite and speed over to the Station.

I load up with broken Scarab with Inventory and place the stick of dynamite inside.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 21, 18 2:43 AM
As soon as I hear the sound of the expected phalanx of Guards, I light the fuse and retire rapidly to the Warden’s Office to watch.

The Guards arrive and, bristling with weaponry, pile into the Train Cabin.

At that moment the activated Scarab shuffles to the Cabin door where it explodes.

This seals off the Train Cabin with the Guards inside.

Some of them are still trying to attack the manikins with their swords and a few are now headless.

I write another note to my partners.
“We have a short time to go and find Grim now. Let us make good use of it”

As I leave, a note flutters down from the “ether”. In it I get another admonishment for misusing MC property and must pay for restitution of the Scarab.

As I am quite well off with gold at the moment, this is not a problem!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 21, 18 12:44 PM
I return to the kitchen and say in a quiet voice that I am going outside again with my broom.

I am ready for all eventualities and have told my broom that at the first whiff of danger it is to whisk me away to the safety of my HOS Repository.

Within a few minutes I am in front of the Tea Room scanning every turf and bump in the ground before me.

Nothing!

All remains calm and peaceful..

So the kitchen is a safe haven for quiet conversation.

But to be sure we are not overheard.
I return to the Tea Room and write a note to Charlie.

“I realize that you are less than fully mobile but your considerable talents lie elsewhere.

“You can help us all by staying here in this Room and orchestrating all our pets to produce a cacophony of sound the like of which has never been heard before in these parts.

"While you are doing this, we more mobile partners will repair to the kitchen and plan the next part of our daring do for the rescue of our dear Friend Grim".

I cram the others into the kitchen for a briefing and notice Amethyst’s cheeks are bulging already!

As she eats I clear the scrubbed and immaculately clean kitchen table and lay Seeker’s precious map on it showing us all the highways and byways of the nearby underground tunnels.

“Now this is my cunning plan”!

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 21, 18 7:24 PM
I find myself awoken by a loud commotion and look around to see what it is but realize that I missed it. What I didn’t miss, was the note passed around to get our manikins and disguise them to look like us. Not having one, as I didn’t have access to my room yet, I helped others where I could.

No longer needed, I headed to the kitchen to see what I could find and got caught stuffing my face with a sandwich I had made. “Gee, thanks PTG, for pointing me out to everyone else.” I took my time with the rest of my meal as the map is laid out and the plan is made.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 22, 18 1:04 PM
I READ PTG'S NOTE SMILE AND GIVE HIM I PICK UP KITTEN-ERMINE AND STAND SAM LOOKS AT ME BUT MOVES. I SET KITTEN-ERMINE IN THE CHAIR AND STEP OUTSIDE THE TEA ROOM AS IF TO GO TO THE NEW PET ENCLOSURE LOOK AROUND, NOTHING OR NO ONE IS CLOSE. I OPEN MY AMULET TO MY PETS. NOSE, INK, SPRING, COME TO ME IN THE TEA ROOM. BRING ALL THE CATS, AND DOGS WHO WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH YOU.

POE TO THE ROOF. KEEP WATCH. BABY WHEN YOU HEAR THE NOISE FROM THE TEA ROOM. YOU AND BEAU MAKE AS MUCH NOISE AS YOU CAN.

BY THE TIME I CLOSED THE AMULET AND STARTED BACK INSIDE THERE WAS A LARGE GROUP OF CATS AND DOGS HEADED MY WAY.

THEY STREAMED IN AROUND ME.

I WENT TO MY CHAIR, PICKED UP KITTEN-ERMINE AND SAT. SAM GOT BACK INTO MY LAP.

NOSE LOOKED AT ME I SCRATCHED HIS EARS AND SAID SING. WITH THAT HE THREW BACK HIS HEAD AND HOWLED. THE REST OF THE DOGS JOINED IN. THE CATS DID NOT LIKE THE NOISE AND STARTED TO PROTEST LOUDLY.

I HOPE THIS IS WHAT PTG HAD IN MIND. IT WAS DEFINITELY LOUD. THEN I HEARD THE TRUMPETING OF BABY AND BEAU. THEY GOT THE ANIMALS THAT HAD STAYED IN THE ENCLOSURE TO JOIN THEM. THE WHOLE AREA WAS FLOODED WITH ANIMAL SOUNDS.

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 12:32:46 AM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 22, 18 1:51 PM
"Well done Charlie!!

"I can now speak quietly but safely to you all"

"First of all can you all hear ME!?"

Lots of nods and thumbs up signs with Angel beaming into her notebook as she describes the scene before her.

"Now let us have a look at what is needed.

"Roo, I know that you are somewhat laden at the moment with your own tempting ordnance, but can you remember Cap'n Bob's instructions before he left?

"Also I have had complaints from some of our citizens that they are finding it very difficult to locate the dynamite sticks in many of the HOS!

"Have you 'borrowed' them all?

"Now do you have the makings of the special powder?

"Oh! and find a way so that we not trigger it ourselves when we pass over it?"

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 24, 18 7:12 PM
While PTG was discussing our next move, my ghostly protector was having a rather intense discussion with the mirror.

Apparently the Spring Event had begun. And the ghost players was having fits.

"One moment," he said. Then he leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Did you completed all the Spring Achievements last year?"

"No, I still need to earn the Elven Prince avatar for collecting enchanted eggs. And I still need to visit the Spring Terrace to receive the Astrologer Bunny and the Egg Gatherer. I also need to completed the Wreath of Spring and the Spring Cake achievements. I had completed these in the past, but when I lost my game, I had to start over. Why are you asking?"

He sighed. "The developers have opened a new room. Apparently you can only have either the Spring Terrace or the Spring Room open at one time."

He thought for a moment and went back to studying the mirror. "Play whichever room each friend has open; she need to complete achievements in both rooms. No, you cannot use her account to purchase more diamonds. Play the puzzles to earn them. Play as many HOS as possible, she will need the coins for the next levels. Swap with the kids for carrots."

"And if you lose her game, you will deal directly with me."

Annaliese appeared. She was trying to look as innocent as possible. She failed.

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 7:16:53 PM PST

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 25, 18 12:31 PM
"I'm bored."

My ghostly protector glanced up from the mirror at Annaliese. "What happened to the guards?"

Anneliese shrugged. "They blew up. I have to wait for more to be made."

"They ... blew ... up?" "And you need to wait for more to be made."

"Mmhmm." Annaliese began to stare at PTG and his map. "I need to do something. Let me help you Breeze. I love to help"

Suddenly PTG's map disappeared, replaced by a drawing of Annaliese with the word "Hi!" written on it.

"Annaliese! Put that back!"

Objects in the room began to tremble.

"I will when you give me something to do."

Edited on 03/25/2018 at 12:32:56 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 25, 18 1:26 PM
I SET KITTEN ERMINE ON THE CHAIR, SAM HAS JUMPED TO THE FLOOR. I WALK OVER TO WHERE BREEZE IS. I HAD MOTIONED TO NOSE TO KEEP SINGING.

BREEZE IF SHE WANTS SOMETHING TO DO. HAVE HER GO TO WHERE THE REST OF THE INHABITANTS ARE BEING HELD. THERE MUST BE GUARDS THERE THAT NEED TO BE DISTRACTED FROM WHAT PTG IS DOING. THE MORE SHE DISTRACTS THE BETTER FOR US.

YES, I CAN SEE AND HEAR HER, AND THE GENTLEMAN WHO SEEMS TO BE GUARDING YOU.

WE ALL NEED SOME PEACE, TO DO THE SPRING EVENT. BUT UNTIL GRIM IS BACK WE WILL NOT GET IT.

SO TURN HER LOSE ON ANY GUARDS SHE CAN FIND. IT WILL KEEP HER BUSY FOR AWHILE.

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 25, 18 4:00 PM
Annaliese was positively beaming.

"Do you mean the players who were in the Hospital Wing? And the ones in the dungeons? You want me to take care of their guards?"

"We want you to distract the guards .Don't blow them up"

"Oh, that was only the mechanical guards. I don't harm living things. I have my standards."

"You mean you don't physically harm living things," my protector said. "You have been driving the players of this game over the edge since 2013."

"That keeps the game interesting. Players would leave the game if it was easy or boring. . . What about the nurses?"

"Nurses too."

"Good, I will be back soon." She began to disappear. . .

"Annaliese!," I said. "The map..."

"Oh." The map reappeared in front of PTG.

Edited on 03/25/2018 at 4:09:18 PM PST

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 25, 18 4:05 PM
"BY THE WAY CHARLIE, SINCE YOU CAN READ MY MIND YOU KNOW THAT BIG KITTY IS A LOVER AT HEART. PLEASE FEELS FREE TO STROKE HER EVERY NOW AND THEN. MAYBE THEN THE OTHER INMATES WILL STOP VIEWING THEMSELVES AS HER POTENTIAL LUNCH.

JUST DON"T LET HER TRY TO GET INTO YOUR LAP.

Edited on 03/25/2018 at 4:07:52 PM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 25, 18 5:29 PM
Sam is happy to know that Big Kitty is a long lost relative of his, many times removed. Since he is a ghost kitten, he is unable to prove to the other animals that Big Kitty is harmless. He had not fully developed his powers of telepathy before his demise so is having trouble broadcasting to the others.

I left the Library to find some needed items from the nearest HOS when I was bombarded by Flying Mice, Chickens, Bunnies, Funny looking Men, Ladies and Creatures.

I did find 3 more rooms with HOS to explore and am ending up with a small quantity of Shells, Playing Cards and Pocket Watches, which will eventually give me more hungry mouths to feed.

Still trying to find more Rune Stones to decipher. Where are the girls from the code breaking unit when you need them?

Everything is at sixes and sevens in the Castle at present. People running here, there and everywhere looking for all sorts of things and I hear there is a new Castle Challenge as well. I guess sleep is hugely overrated and I can do without it for a few days.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 25, 18 6:08 PM
I BEND DOWN AND STROKE BIG KITTY. YOU ARE SUCH A PRETTY THING. AND BIG KITTY ROLLED OVER FOR A STOMACH RUB. YOU ARE A BIG SOFTY I SAID TO HER. THEN I HEARD A VERY LOUD PURR. I THINK IT WAS A PURR OR WAS IT A RUMBLE IN HER THROAT. SHE WAS LOVING EVERY MOMENT OF THE RUB.

THEN I HAD TO STAND OR FALL OVER. I LOOKED AT HER AND SAID QUIETLY, YOU CAN COME SEE ME ANY TIME YOU NEED A SCRATCH OR A RUB. AH, NO, I KNOW YOU WANT TO LICK ME BUT PLEASE DON'T JUST RUB YOUR HEAD AGAINST ME NOT TO HARD. IF YOU LIKE THEY MAY THINK I AM YOU NEXT MEAL. WHICH WE BOTH NO IS NOT SO.

I WENT BACK TO MY CHAIR PICKED UP KITTEN-ERMINE, WAITED FOR SAM TO JOIN HER THEN SLOWLY STARTED TO ROCK THEM.

I THINK THE ANIMALS WERE GETTING TIRED OF SINGING I DO HOPE PTG SIGNALS THAT HE IS DONE SOON.

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 28, 18 5:19 AM
It seems as if Annaliese has suspended all activity in the special room while she has her fun.

No one other than myself and my ghostly protector can move or speak.

Except for all our pets, they are still howling, wailing, braying, cawing, trumpeting. . .

Outside the room, is another story.

The nurses are being pelted with brightly colored eggs, when not being chase by flying giant bunnies, chicks and mice.

The guards are also being chased, not by cute fuzzy creatures, but by giant playing cards with spears and rabbits holding up pocket watches screaming "You are late for your next shift! Move it!"

And then there are the hats. . .

My ghostly protector looked up from the mirror. The ghost players have been calling in with more problems with the Spring Event and the Castle Challenges. They need those bunnies, check, mice, cards, rabbits, eggs , etc. back.

(NOTE: To all MC Players, I'm so sorry!)

Something must be done.

My ghostly protector walked over to Angel and removed a piece of paper from her notebook. He then took her pencil from her hand and wrote a message on the paper. He then replaced the pencil in her hand, looked into the mirror and disappeared for a second.

"I left a message in the Flying Boat. Maybe PTG's godmother can help her godson finish his plan. Otherwise all this distraction is going to waste."

Edited on 03/28/2018 at 5:21:13 AM PST

Go to: