DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Chit Chat, Rants and other Chaos!

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 11 12:26 AM
Hi there,
Seems like shadowfax is elsewhere at the moment, so I thought I would start this up tonight.
A mahjong game was the second game I DL'd and purchased eons ago (a M3 was the first believe it or not!!!), and then I discovered the first MCF game and .
There have been a couple of these I have actually considered buying (for the droughts in my preferred genre), so I would be interested in other's opinions of this one.
Cheers
ETA: Oops, slippery fingers on the keys with the titles for the "Official Posts"!

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 12:29:19 AM PST

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and other Chaos!

[Post New]by bungweasel on Jun 6, 11 12:30 AM
Hi. excuse me but could you tell me what m3 is and MCF game.
thank you

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 6, 11 12:33 AM
Jeez. I had something else going on and got here when I could.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 6, 11 12:33 AM
Hello DragonLadyOz, I think that shadowfax is probably picking herself up off the floor at seeing a mahjong game as the TGT! LOL!
These games can be nice for chilling out but I am catching up with games from my enforced absence from DL games.
Did you team win yesterday? Have a nice evening

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 6, 11 12:35 AM
bungweasel wrote:Hi. excuse me but could you tell me what m3 is and MCF game.
thank you

Hi again,

An M3 is a match 3 game and MCF is Mystery Case Files, they have brought some great games out. Have fun.

Hi shadowfax

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jun 6, 11 12:42 AM
bungweasel wrote:Hi. excuse me but could you tell me what m3 is and MCF game.
thank you

Hello Bungwaesel, & welcome to the pond by the way.

M3 = match 3 and MFC = Mystery case files. These are an amazing series of games.

I think Madam Fate was the first one, just hidden objects & some great puzzles & a fun story, but then the company exploded into a magnificent machine, creating, mystery adventure Hidden object, puzzle spooky games, such as The two Ravenhurst games, Hunts ville, Dire Grove to name a few.

I strongly recommend, if you have not done so, try down loading a few of them & try the free hour. I will bet you will not be disappointed.

Joanne

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jun 6, 11 12:45 AM
peglegann wrote:Hello DragonLadyOz, I think that shadowfax is probably picking herself up off the floor at seeing a mahjong game as the TGT! LOL!
These games can be nice for chilling out but I am catching up with games from my enforced absence from DL games.
Did you team win yesterday? Have a nice evening

Good Morning all.

LOL.

Peglegann, It is good to see you back but I honestly don't think your game catch up will take you very long at all.

Oh well Back to Phantasmat again LOL

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 6, 11 12:47 AM
jojo_the_joyful, much, much better explanation than mine! LOL! Well done.
I have to get some work done now, so I hope that you all have fun.

ETA Thank you for the welcome back, you have me thinking now........ but as I have to work, it will make them last a little longer I hope.

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 12:49:47 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 12:56 AM
Morning all - Hmm! Nothing for me again today...

@ bungweasel - if you like straight hidden object junk pile scenes you will love Ravenhearst - myself I couldn't stand it, or Huntsville or Prime Suspects, 3 of the most boring games I have ever spent money on!

Return to Ravenhearst and Dire Grove however are absolutely brilliant.

Oh Well, washing up and laundry, here I come (bit of window washing in there as well)

Bye

Kel

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 11 12:57 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Jeez. I had something else going on and got here when I could.

Hi there shadowfax,
No problemo about your arrival, but I haven't seen your official excuse note!! LOL.
Well maybe now you are here, the forums for this game will "heat up".
Maybe the Mahjong fans are sleepers, and early risers!!
Cheers

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 6, 11 1:00 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:M3 = match 3 and MFC = Mystery case files. These are an amazing series of games. I think Madam Fate was the first one

Huntsville was the first MFC game, while the first match-3 was Bejeweled under the title Diamond Mine.

Think I'm dating myself.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 11 1:04 AM
Hi there peglegann,
Yes my team won, thanks for asking. I would have been totally mortified if they hadn't as the opposition was much more "lowly" but dangerous on home ground. Big sigh of relief about that.

@ anyone else who has tried this (or other mahjong games) I really enjoyed Liong the Lost Amulets, so would be prepared to give another game this this a go if there are any recommendations.
Cheers
PS. Is it just my connection, or are the forums very slow again tonight for others?

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 6, 11 1:05 AM
I like majhong, but I have too many card/tiles games...I can play them from the start - each time with different layout. Good for relax with a cup of coffee.

And HOGers who bought CEs are busted!!! 4 days without any decent offer...

...Out CEs, in SEs...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 11 1:08 AM
Hi there MarkAlan,
I haven't seen you around here before, Welcome.
Well, I'm not about to reveal the first M3 or Mahjong game I purchased (elsewhere) as that would really set up a time-warp!!!
Cheers

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 1:11 AM
So right Rebeca_Lily, I've sorta, like, 'gone over' to playiing M3's!!
(Welcome to the Dark Side! )

Ancient Quest of Saqqarah, Emerald Tales and The Enchanting Islands being just 3 so far.

Like you I have about 5 Mahjong games (Classic being one), and find them adequate for chillin!

Kel

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 11 1:14 AM
Well, I guess most of you are sleepy if you are in "the west" from where I live, but am disappointed that no-one else has noticed, worked this out or responded to this!!
ETA: Oops, slippery fingers on the keys with the titles for the "Official Posts"!

Cheers

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 6, 11 1:17 AM
well, fishies, this one is a little different, but i'm still holding out... i would pick it up on a DD, however, because the different game styles that it uses...

personally, with the few and far between IHOG/HOPAs - i've turned into a TM junkie i don't know what it is, but those games really get my brain going, get the juices flowing and i feel like i could conquer the world! which is what you have to actually do in some of them

party on!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 11 1:17 AM
Oooh Kel,
I've seen other responses about how addictive Emerald Tales is - and generally tempted to try it out for myself as I have replayed the two World Riddles games a gazillion times!!
Cheers

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 6, 11 1:20 AM
BTW - anyone notice how BFG spelled "mahjong" - "majhong?"

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 1:23 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Oooh Kel,
I've seen other responses about how addictive Emerald Tales is - and generally tempted to try it out for myself as I have replayed the two World Riddles games a gazillion times!!
Cheers

Hi DLO - yes, it is rather addictive, and different, when your 'fluufy little fella' is going to pick something up or talk to someone you have to get on the same square as the 'other fluffy thing' or whatever your going to pick up (coins, jewels etc), and there's BOMBS to blow everything up. Loads of Fun! (which is what a good game should be, and the download is tiny, only 12mb!)

Kel

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 1:24:37 AM PST

Go to: