cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 6 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jun 6, 11 12:54 AM
Any comments, fishes?

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Todays DD 6 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by exdir on Jun 6, 11 5:02 AM
What the heck is going on in this game?!? I quit after 5 minutes. Does it get any better? Sure doesn't look like a fun game.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 6, 11 6:06 PM

I really didn't know what to expect of this game, but I gave it a try, and after playing for a few minutes I was hooked. This is very similar, if not identical, in gameplay style to that of Fairy Godmother Tycoon; although, one deals in potions and the other in food.

You're basically selling food items to customers for a profit, and your goal is to persuade customers to come to your restaurant rather than that of the competition (Grub Burger). You buy menu ingredients, research customers' eating habits, buy advertising, buy restaurant decor and adjust your product prices. Once you've persuaded all of the different customer types to stop giving their business to Grub Burger in the current neighborhood, you move on to the next neighborhood.

Some customers will leave your restaurant with a coin over their head. You can click on the coin for bonus money. Some customers will leave your restaurant unhappy due to prices that are too high, or you may have run out of an ingredient for one of your dishes. You have to use strategy and make adustments along the way, but nothing is overly difficult. Most people should get the hang of it fairly quickly.

Anyway, if you like Fairy Godmother Tycoon, there's no reason not to like this game. It's another quality, entertaining Playfirst game. I had to get this one myself.

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Jun 6, 11 7:08 PM
It's more of a stragety game, than a TM. I personally like it & think $2.99 is a bargain. I like the diner series, but as I age my clicking slows. It's nice to see the characters in a game I can keep up with.

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by SnowNSew on Jun 6, 11 10:28 PM
Was very late in trying this game today but I am glad I did. Wanted to make a really quick post to say I love it! As someone mentioned before me, it reminds me very much of Fairy Godmother Tycoon. I know that is a favorite of many, and this game has the same kinds of strategies and lightheartedness. It is definitely NOT so much a Time management game as a strategy game. And the strategy isn't really all that difficult to pick up. The tutorial is really good - one of the best I have seen. It tells you everything you need to do yet it is not intrusive.

A steal for $2.99! And Bless those diner dash folks for keep dishing up new ideas with the same characters! The games give us some continuity, yet are totally different to play. It is like returning to old friends without having to retread the same old stories.

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Jun 6, 11 11:28 PM
SnowNSew wrote:A steal for $2.99! And Bless those diner dash folks for keep dishing up new ideas with the same characters! The games give us some continuity, yet are totally different to play. It is like returning to old friends without having to retread the same old stories.

Couldn't have said it any better.

30 minutes left... give it a try if you haven't already!

Go to: