bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 8, 11 11:58 AM
We have a new version of Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the crash resulting in a Panic (debug) Error.

Please ONLY install this build if you experiencing this specific issue. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

To make sure all changes have taken effect, please start over with a new player profile.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 2:54:40 PM PST

whymus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8, 2011

[Post New]by whymus on Jun 9, 11 1:18 PM
I wrote to Tech support on May 27, 2011 about the following issue I have with the game. Can you tell me if this latest update will fix my problem:

Unable to Open and Play Game

Game seemed to download ok. But when I tried to start it I get a Debug Report Preview window that opens and says Debug report has been generated in a directory (specifies the directory). I have
attached the 3 files the Debug Report created in the specified directory. I am unable to attach the DrFelix Results zipfile I just created as it says either the file is too large (it's 42.9 M or I have specified the wrong path. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it with the same results. It's the "Try Me" version that I dowloaded. I don't want to purchase the game if it's not going to work.
Thanks for your help

Katie630
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8, 2011

[Post New]by Katie630 on Jun 9, 11 1:44 PM
I was so thrilled to see the "UPDATE" for this game! I was never able to even start the game due to the debug report. Today I uninstalled the game, downloaded and installed and purchased the game. Much to my delight, it was running beautifully! However, life got in the way of my playing and I had to 'save' and wait until later to continue. Now I'm back to the 'debug report'. I was so disappointed. I have uninstalled and downloaded once again, hoping that will take care of the problem. But thought you should be advised, the 'update' didn't completely fix the problem.
Thanks for all the hard work you people put into these games. You've given me and many others hours of delightful entertainment!

Katie630
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Katie630 on Jun 9, 11 1:52 PM
Well frazzle! I should have waited to send that message. Just tried to play the game and couldn't even get in for the debug message. How sad is that? BIG TIME SAD!
I anxiously await another 'fix'

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8, 20

[Post New]by larrycanary on Jun 9, 11 7:31 PM
I also am unable to play due to the debug warning popping up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled more than I care to count. I will keep an eye open for the next fix.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8, 20

[Post New]by romany09 on Jun 10, 11 5:14 AM
I had the problem of the game being on the right side of the screen and hoped that would be fixed also. Downloaded but it still doesn't work. Had to A/C/D to get out of the game since "exit" was not visible. Maybe the SE will work when available?

[Post New]by gringoa on Jun 10, 11 7:38 AM
unfortunatelly this game has many problems.
i reinstall game again and again, but i didn,t succeed to start chapter 5., the boat was missing and i couldn' find the shakespere tomb
please help

[Post New]by tonewh on Jun 11, 11 3:35 AM
I also like these midnight mysteries a lot especially the collectors editions, however I often experience bugs with them, which is terribly annoying. This one for instance; I get to the cave to go to the raft and get the hook, but the gate for the cave is closed.... I have tried to retrace my steps to see if I forgot anything, but there is nothing more to click, to pick up or anything! I am about 80% on in this game, and I dont want to start all over again; has anyone else experienced this??

Tone

geome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by geome on Jun 11, 11 12:39 PM
Will this fix the mop?

Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Jun 13, 11 8:07 AM
Will there be a 'fix' for the download running and timing out after an hour and not being able to play it at all problem?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 13, 11 10:25 AM
Hey gringoa, tonewh and geome,

You may want to take a look at the Strategy Guide to make sure you didn't miss any steps while playing the game. You're also welcome to start your own thread in the Game Forum (by clicking on 'Create New Discussion') just in case another player can come along and help you with the portions of the game you're stuck on.

For those of you still having troubles installing the game, please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link) with specific information, including the error message you're receiving or a screenshot of what you're seeing, so that our reps can help resolve this for you. Please also include that you are trying to install the latest version of the game.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8, 2

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Jun 14, 11 8:54 AM
Already did that and also sent a Dr. Felix report. Here is the reply I received:

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 10:19:27 AM PST

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 14, 11 2:38 PM
I did the same... sent in Dr. Felix report.. Got "stock answer" to update my computer which IS updated. So I also downloaded this update of the game on my PC and also on my MAC (the MAC version of the same game) and it doesn't run on the PC or the MAC! Just refuses to run AT ALL. In the MAC version, When you hit "play" it stays on the BF Manager screen and 3 seconds later pops up with the "60 mins left... play again?" message... still on the BF Manager screen. You can keep doing this forever and it never plays. On my PC nothing ever comes up when you say "play" but here it deducts from your trial time as you stare at the BF Manager screen. Then when you try and play another game, it says "game running" and the only way to get out of this is to reboot the PC computer.

I'd still like to have someone from BF tell us what the Developer is doing to solve this. So far... only the normal stock advice which will NOT solve these problems. Only a software change in the game will fix these issues that SO MANY of us are having.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 15, 11 2:03 AM
I was over half way through playing this game, then got the bug message, downloaded the update, started from scratch again and still the same problem.. was furious, i have asked for a refund

Lou

[Post New]by strawhat123 on Jun 15, 11 5:55 AM
I purchased this game yesterday (ie June 14th) and upon trying to play it received only the debug report notice. I have reinstalled and installed the game many times, have disabled my firewall and tried setting my firewall to game mode and have met with no changes.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8,

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Jun 17, 11 11:46 AM
Carole22759 wrote:I'm still getting the Debug report also.
Disabled everything possible, so as to rule out any running programs that may have been interfering with the game. No luck, still get the darn debug report.
Not sure how many folks this FIX helped, since I don't see any postings that would confirm this fix is working.
Notified CS and received a $13.99 refund. This is the 5th game that will not run on my computer, 3 of them being CE games.

I really like this game and have been checking in the forums for a possible solution to every one's error. Even after the update I see many have the same debug report. I am not purchasing this game until I see a fix. Sorry BFG.

Edited on 06/17/2011 at 11:47:40 AM PST

Topaz1968
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Topaz1968 on Jun 18, 11 4:02 PM
I still can't finish the game - I was almost finished when I got a black screen. I am mad because I paid for it and feel like I should get my money back. I don't know when it will be fixed.

WENTPOSTAL
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by WENTPOSTAL on Jun 22, 11 3:41 PM
i bought the game today and still can't get it to work. i've uninstalled everywhere i can find and still get the messagE PANIC ERROR or it's been dumped. please send a link to this game that will work. PLEASE.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 22, 11 10:48 PM
can't get the mop to work

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE! June 8, 2

[Post New]by Baybear on Sep 12, 11 12:33 PM
Baybear wrote:I did the same... sent in Dr. Felix report.. Got "stock answer" to update my computer which IS updated. So I also downloaded this update of the game on my PC and also on my MAC (the MAC version of the same game) and it doesn't run on the PC or the MAC! Just refuses to run AT ALL. In the MAC version, When you hit "play" it stays on the BF Manager screen and 3 seconds later pops up with the "60 mins left... play again?" message... still on the BF Manager screen. You can keep doing this forever and it never plays. On my PC nothing ever comes up when you say "play" but here it deducts from your trial time as you stare at the BF Manager screen. Then when you try and play another game, it says "game running" and the only way to get out of this is to reboot the PC computer.

I'd still like to have someone from BF tell us what the Developer is doing to solve this. So far... only the normal stock advice which will NOT solve these problems. Only a software change in the game will fix these issues that SO MANY of us are having.

Finally got the answer to this one on my own!! I updated from OSX 10.4.1 (Tiger?) to OSX 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) today, and lo and behold... The Devil In Mississippi Ran Just Fine!!! I think most people's troubles when so many have them, are due to OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUES where the Developer's S/W does not work with older operating systems. They should check this first and make sure the game gives a disclaimer when you first try and load/run it so that you do not go any further.

Clearly this difference in operating system was the whole cause of the many posts in this thread. It would have been a simple thing for BF or the Developer to check and then clarify that.

Go to: