bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 8, 11 12:05 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rheofsunshine on Jun 8, 11 3:47 PM
The error I was getting was that when I clicked on the <play now< button the BFG game console would disappear and then it would say the game is running in the background but no game .... I am in the process of reinstalling the game again because there is a fix....but I see now that the fix is for the <panic< problem not the problem I am having....that will teach me ...all I saw was a fix...oh well maybe this will version will be okay too...I will keep you all posted!!

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rheofsunshine on Jun 8, 11 4:53 PM
Just so you all know this does not fix the problem that I have...which according to what they wrote it was not going to fix it....oh well I must wait to play this game...please hurry with the fix ....really looking forward to play this one!

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Jun 8, 11 5:03 PM
Same problem. game doesn't start at all, not even a blank screen, but pc says it's running. Game manager shows the Midnight Mystery exe. is running in processes, but not in applications. am contacting the Oh so helpful Help Techs today.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jun 8, 11 5:08 PM
Rheo, I wonder if I should wait too. I couldn't get in the game either. Sometimes it let but then it wouldn't let me play. I got the debugging report . I don't know if that is the same thing or not.

I am certainly not going to buy it from the developer. They charge more and plus I have had problems with their games before. Last time I had a problem with their game, CS said it definitely was not my computer. He said there was no reason why the game shouldn't work on my 'puter And you know CS, they like blaming it on our 'puter. lol

Good luck everyone.

Edited on 06/08/2011 at 5:15:35 PM PST

[Post New]by lesatye on Jun 8, 11 8:07 PM
I just installed the game at 10:00 pm on 6/8/11. I wasn't even able to play because my screen keeps going black, then flashing off and on. It seems to happen at the same time those "ghostly" images are flickering in the game if that helps! Anyway, unable to play the game at this point.

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Jun 9, 11 5:16 AM
My game still doesn´t start, I really hope, there also will come a fix for that problem.

To buy from the developer is no option this time - I tried the version of them and it made the same mistake.

[Post New]by MaryPattySue on Jun 9, 11 7:16 PM
I can't get the game to play. When I click to play, the hourglass comes up for a few seconds and nothing! I looked in the windows task manager at the applications, nothing is there. But if I try to click on the game, I get an message that another game is already in play.
After this I looked back in the task manager and I can see the game under processes. I hope this can get fixed, in 5 years this is the 2nd game I have not been able to play! So I really don't think it is my computer.

[Post New]by tonewh on Jun 11, 11 3:57 AM
I am on a macbook, and the game played wonderfully until I got to about 80% and I want to enter the cave to get to the raft and get the hook. The gate wont open. There is nothing more to click or interact with, the hint just shows me to the closed gate in front of the cave. I am really, really reluctant to reinstall and start all over again, and then perhaps stopping at the same point again. Anyone else experienced this bug? I am really tired of buying collector editions games full of bugs....

broom issues

[Post New]by darcyrn on Jun 12, 11 1:59 AM
The broom will not sweep the area clean no matter how many times I have tried in all spots even where the arrow points. I have uninstalled and re installed and it still a problem!!!!! I have window's 7 a game laptop.

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 2:00:25 AM PST

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 12, 11 5:31 PM
Still can't even get the game to start playing... get the Windows screen and says "game running" when nothing is running at all. I guess the last "load" wasn't supposed to fix this problem anyway, was it?

But... It's been over two weeks without a running version (for me and lots of others)...

????

moyung
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moyung on Jun 13, 11 7:14 AM
I have still not been able to try the demo as I am being told that the game is running but it isn't. Is there going to be a fix for this in the near future?

moyung
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moyung on Jun 13, 11 7:27 AM
Oh this really is too much!!lol I thought I'd try again, uninstalling and reinstalling the demo, (one never knows and lives in hope!), I have now been informed that I have had my 60 minutes worth of demo when I never ever even got game to start. I give up, looks like I was never destined to solve these particular midnight mysteries.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 13, 11 12:06 PM
So many people (including me) can't even get this game to run for the last 2 weeks that I'm wondering why BF is not telling us IF this is going to be fixed, or whether we should just stop "trying". This looks like a really good game and I buy ALL the collectors issues, so this is quite frustrating. Does the Developer know about this problem, and if so, are they doing anything about it? I think BF owes us some kind of status on this one... Or just tell us to "bag it."

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 13, 11 2:20 PM
Hey fishies!

If you're receiving an error message that says something like "Unable to Start Game - Another game is already running," here's a link to one of our Help pages that has helped to solve this type of issue in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing the steps in this article, please feel free to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on Jun 13, 11 5:43 PM
I am having the exact same problem so I am going to ask for my money back. I spent two game club punches to get this game and uninstalling and re-installing it didn't work!

I've written to technical support and asked for a full refund.

It's a shame too because I was looking forward to playing this game!

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 11:48:16 AM PST

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 14, 11 9:11 AM
bfgHondo wrote:Hey fishies!

If you're receiving an error message that says something like "Unable to Start Game - Another game is already running," here's a link to one of our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home">Help pages</a> that has helped to solve this type of issue in the past:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If your game still isn't running properly after completing the steps in this article, please feel free to contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> by clicking on the green to the right of the page for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

This is the "stock BF reply" we always get when we have issues. It's a general statement that does not address the specific issue of this particular problem A LOT of people are having... I have updated all my drivers, & other applications (they were OK already!) and have also contacted BF Tech people and provided them with the Dr. Felix file, and "nothing." Please stop telling all of us that we have a computer problem, and FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AT THE DEVELOPER!!! It should be obvious that stock replies are not going to help almost all of the people having a problem playing this game. A simple question "WHAT IS THE DEVELOPER DOING TO FIX THIS?" That's all I'm asking a response to.. not "what's wrong with my computer".

Thanks!

Edited on 06/14/2011 at 9:16:35 AM PST

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 14, 11 11:20 AM
Well don't that beat all?? I have a MAC also and tried to download this game onto my MAC running OSX 10.4.11 and the SAME thing happens on my MAC with that version of the game... I get a "boing" sound then I click on "play", and then... NOTHING... no screen change or anything... just stays on the BF Game Manager. Then in about 2-3 seconds the BF Game Manager comes back with "60 mins left to play.. play again?"

But just like the PC version... this game won't play on my MAC either...

The tech people are no help since they just say "update your drivers, etc."

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jun 15, 11 3:08 PM
Same problem with both the demo and purchased full version of this game: NEITHER WOULD OPEN.

Tried opening from both the game Icon and the GM. The GM disappeared and then nothing happened; I was left just looking at my desktop. Clicked again and the GM reappeared to tell me the game can't be opened because another game is running in the background. And I had to reboot to get out of it in order to play a different game.

Sent in the DrFelixReport when I wrote to CS. Also tried the newest release of this game, but the result was exactly the same. CS could not help any further, so the only solution was to take a refund.

All I can say is that I'm still interested - if and when this problem is ever fixed.

essywest
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by essywest on Jun 16, 11 8:35 PM
As with many others I get the debug page. When I click ok it says I have played the game and offers me an oportunity to play again. When I say ok, I am back to the debug page. The same thing happens when I chose to cancel the debug report except that I am warned that this means the game might not play right. Well, duh! - I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times over the last week and am hoping for a patch or at least a BF response to this problem.

Go to: