bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Empires & Dungeons 2

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 9, 11 12:16 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Empires & Dungeons 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empires & Dungeons 2

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jun 9, 11 3:48 AM
Oh dear.

I think it's sad that there's no video preview for this game (and some other older games). I rely on the short video to give me an idea of what the game is like so that I can then decide if it's worth my time to try the demo. I don't know if it's Big Fish or the developers, but someone needs to know that a video for a new game is always a smart move to promote it.

(In case someone swims in here to point out that there are other places to go and find a video for this game, let me say that I only come here because BFG is one of the very few places I trust. I've gotten nasty spyware and malware just from visiting some of the more shady sites out there in the Internet ocean. Thanks, but I think I'll just stick to the safe pond here. )

It would be really nice if one shows up at some time.....

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Jun 9, 11 6:50 AM
Loved the first version of this, and spent hours on it back in 2008, so was looking forward to trying out this one.

There are a few graphic upgrades, and you now get an ingame option to turn off the sounds... That seems to be about it. So if you already got the first game there really isn't anything new here.

Also there is no option to turn off full screen, which I didn't really care about in the first one. But in this version they added a red on screaming red velvet pattern around the gamescreen, which takes up about 2/3 of my screen and hurts on the eyes.

A windowed option would've made me buy this one. But without that, I already paid for "this" game 3 years ago.

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 6:51:07 AM PST

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Jun 9, 11 8:59 AM
Not a bad game. Little too limited in character advancement for my liking.

These are the same guys who did the Smugglers games. I'd snap up Smugglers 3 and maybe 2 in a heartbeat at these prices. Just putting a bug in your gills Felix.

[Post New]by chewibaby on Jun 9, 11 8:21 PM
Downloaded the demo & can't even get it to run. After the initial screen that tells you to hit the tutorial button, my entire screen went black & I could not get the game shut down. Had to shut my computer off & re-start. I don't think I will bother trying the demo again, it's too annoying having to shut everything completely down & then re-boot.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Jun 11, 11 6:33 AM
JK, I don't know if you tried Control, Alt, Delete to get out of the game, but sometimes that works. You need to hold the control and alt buttons down and hit the delete button two times. Good luck.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 11, 11 10:01 PM
Sorry but no buy. The "full screen" is just a windowed game in the middle of my screen with big black bars on top and a bright red pattern on the sides. I'm not playing ANY game in a tiny 3" by 6" box. SO not happening. Shame as these strategy games are a lot of fun... but not if I have to squint and waste my whole monitor space on horrible bright red nothing and black bars.

I did try just to see... and if you don't mind the tiny screen it's ok... no better than the free games I can get on my kindle though and I won't go blind staring at neon red surrounding a tiny play field either. LOL.

[Post New]by Sluggy on Jun 12, 11 11:50 AM
jklinders -- where do you find the "Smugglers" game you mentioned in your post?

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Jun 13, 11 7:54 AM
patriciablake wrote:JK, I don't know if you tried Control, Alt, Delete to get out of the game, but sometimes that works. You need to hold the control and alt buttons down and hit the delete button two times. Good luck.

I never said I was having trouble closing the game. I was just requesting a couple more titles from the same developer.

You don't even need the task manager to get out of most of these games. The Windows key is most often plenty.

[Post New]by ArjanBFG on Jun 14, 11 4:02 AM
Though many of you didn't really like the game, personally I tried it and I am addicted on it. When you really understand the mix of strategy and adventure of this game, it is much fun. Especially the Dungeons with different weapons, creatures...
As most of you guys had problems with the full screen, I didn't. I am still running my pc on XP, maybe that;s why it works better for me.

Meldandy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Meldandy on Jun 14, 11 3:34 PM
I read a lot of posts about how addicting this game is, and I'm arriving at the unfortunate comparison, after playing through the demo myself, that this game bears an eerie resemblance to the Zynga games on Facebook that I had to quit cold turkey because they were sucking up my life. It's visually dull, and while there's a lot of information to keep track of, it's really just a lot of clicking in one spot while the algorithm does all the work. I'd like a little something more to watch for all the rapid clicking I'm doing.

Just not my cup of tea.

drustorm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drustorm on Jun 16, 11 4:48 PM
Like others, I'm just not interested in playing a game in a tiny window. Those days are gone. So no matter how interesting or fun this game might be, I have to pass.

[Post New]by shadowsim on Jun 22, 11 12:12 AM
Strange about the window mode. When my game starts it says can not use full screen mode - but I get full screen. I do not see a option to change full / window mode so I do not understand how it decides which size to give us.
I have played it only for 3 or 4 hours but I am enjoying it so far. My one pev is I keep finding rings but I do not know how to equip / use them. Any one know how?

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 23, 11 3:25 PM
I THINK as long as you have a ring it assumes you are wearing it and you get the benefit. You don't have to equip it like you do a weapon. That is implied on the developer's site, but not spelled out.

[Post New]by shadowsim on Jun 23, 11 8:20 PM
Thanks for the info cbellcrm

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jun 26, 11 10:02 PM
I also had issues with the screen size (game play wise).

A note to the designers, some of us older players need bigger views or screen options to actually see the game enough to play it.

It it wasn't for this issue, I would play it, as it is, alas it is all but unplayable.
Good idea though. I do like the mix of dungeon crawl and armies.

Go to: