DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

FINISHED? Tell us about it!

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 9, 11 2:22 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:It is another CE Thursday and I think this one will not disappoint. We only got a sample, and couldn't see what the extras were so tell us what we missed, what makes it worth the CE price, and all that good stuff about length, the bonus materials, and anything else that popped up you liked and made this worth a "buy".

And yes, I am hoping no one is able to post their "finish time" until least 4 or 5 hours from now . . . LOL

REMEMBER - NO SPOILERS PLEASE - don't give away the story or how it ended or how various things turn out - if you think it might spoil - white it out so people can pass on it or look if they are too curious lol

Ooh, no Guiness Book or Records finishing times invited??
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:FINISHED? Tell us about it!

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 9, 11 2:44 AM
OK, then don't forget to locate the Hint button, have a second game running in a different server and watch the Skip button for the countdown!!
LOL
Cheers.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 9, 11 3:11 AM
I have finished!!!!

Downloading I mean..........................

Nice thread thank you goofyduck

I bet that there will be someone who finishes fast! LOL!

ROFL @ DragonLadyOz

I am not playing at the moment, trying to check why my DL was soooooooooooo unusually slow, so I have to be patient. Have fun all

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 9, 11 3:21 AM
Did I come along too late? Did some "speed racer" post a two-hour finish time? It's now only a little beyond 3 hours since release--has the OP been pulled already because it was bogus? Or 2 hours to play a 1-hour demo, maybe? (You know, play, pause, get coffee, resume, pause, get a Danish, resume, pause, bathroom break--b4 you know it, 2 hours have gone by!). I'm guessing 4-6 myself on this day.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 9, 11 3:28 AM
No elldee,
You can take put your skates down and relax. No reports of stellar performances as yet.
Cheers

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 9, 11 6:39 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Did I come along too late? Did some "speed racer" post a two-hour finish time? It's now only a little beyond 3 hours since release--has the OP been pulled already because it was bogus? Or 2 hours to play a 1-hour demo, maybe? (You know, play, pause, get coffee, resume, pause, get a Danish, resume, pause, bathroom break--b4 you know it, 2 hours have gone by!). I'm guessing 4-6 myself on this day.

Goofy was the OP so no panic! LOL!

[Post New]by street on Jun 9, 11 7:08 AM
I thought this was like the Dracula Origen. Well what a dissappointment. I did play for 28 min. and deleted it. May be I was expecting to be a continuation excactly as the first game ; which to me was the best dracula game I have ever played. But for those who did not play Dracula Origen first this might be a fun game to them. Enjoy!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 9, 11 7:23 AM
street wrote:I thought this was like the Dracula Origen. Well what a dissappointment. I did play for 28 min. and deleted it. May be I was expecting to be a continuation excactly as the first game ; which to me was the best dracula game I have ever played. But for those who did not play Dracula Origen first this might be a fun game to them. Enjoy!!

Welcome to the Pond street. I really enjoyed Dracula Origin but it sounds like you have to be a H0 lover to enjoy this! Which I am as well as a LFA fan

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 9, 11 12:20 PM
I loved the game, this game is awesome, music and graphics was awesome. I am going to have to wait until i get my credits. then i am going to buy the game for sure..Thx DEV's and BF most of us are happy fishes in the pond..

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Jun 9, 11 5:58 PM
What a great game! I finished the regular part in hard mode in 6h 30 minutes, so with bonus content this is a 7 hour game at least and so much fun to play. I am so happy that I bought it. I am one happy camper!

Earning the achievements is so much fun and there are so many to earn, so half of the fun is trying to get them. I also really enjoyed the amount of new puzzles that I have not seen before in most HOG games as well as the multitude of HOG scenes that change somewhat during the duration of the game, so one never gets bored. I really liked the voiceover acting as well, I love following the conversations with characters in a game, and the voiceovers are top notch with so many different voices as well. This is definitely one of the better HOG's to come along in awhile and with a length and gameplay that justifies the cost of a CE edition. Way to go developers!!

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Jun 9, 11 7:59 PM
oh also..the extra game content is over an hour so with play time and some breaks, so I clocked in playing the entire game in hard mode at 8 hours 22 minutes, and it is not just whimpy content either, great puzzles and great HOG scenes abound. It also adds another dimension to the game with Dracula hunting for a mystery artifact. The extra content other than game play is also exceptional. Along with teh usual wallpapers, video scenes, etc, you also get the added bonus of being able to replay mini games / puzzles from the game and its HOG scenes to your hearts content, which definitely makes this a worthwhile CE buy. Everyone should definitely give this game a try, you will be so glad that you did!

[Post New]by goodwinalana on Jun 9, 11 10:44 PM
Well finished the game in about 8 hours but I skipped a lot of the puzzles.
I love the story and the ending.Well worth buying,I'm usually not for buying CE's but this one I had to and well worth it just the extra play alone it you want a long game then fishies this ones for you.I swear you won't be disappointed.If you want a game that keeps ya on your toes this game is for you.

Thank you big fish for giving us a games that is soooo long WHOO HOO

I give it stars

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 10:45:39 PM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jun 10, 11 12:05 AM
I actually found this game a bit of a slog even though it consumed many hours. Just not enough of a challenge except for the puzzles. Never used the SG since there was enough hints available when I didn't know what to do next.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Jun 10, 11 12:12 AM
Thank you Goofy for this thread I'm vacillating as to whether or not to buy the CE but this has made my mind up I hate buying CE's and then finding out I'd only an hour or so left to finish the game LOL no I'm not super fast but sometimes the games aren't as long as they ought to be

there should be a full stop somewhere amongst that lot

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jun 10, 11 1:39 AM
I just finished..Haven't played the Bonus game yet..It is a beautiful game..Great Graphics,lots of puzzles..However, IMO it does not compare to Dracula Origin...The detailed "histories"and riveting storyline (in Dracula Origin) are not part of this game..It is certainly less challenging and I did not have to utilize the Strategy Guide even once.Although, it was not the "original" game that Dracula Origin was...I did enjoy it and it does have re-play value.mo

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 10, 11 2:33 AM
Putting aside the severe disappointment that it didn't go the Dracula Origin route but the hound of Baskervilles route ARGH ..

Main game took me about 7 hrs with 2 skipped puzzles, bonus about 2hrs no skips (both on hard mode). Overall it is a good game.

It is a more puzzle game than H0 (yeah).
Bonus area was long, if you don't skip the puzzles.
Bonus was completely different scenes, areas than the main game.
Bonus unlocked all H0 scenes, puzzles once you finish the bonus play

Some of the puzzles how they were programmed to work was annoying it would be better to use arrows of keyboard than some of those arrows in the puzzles.
Storyline didn't like how it ended in either main game or bonus
But that this game was released as a CE when Origin wasn't and Origin I think was longer, harder, better and just original

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jun 10, 11 4:44 AM
YAY - I did it! First time ever I've played a game with out using the skip or hint button although I admit I used the SG on a couple of puzzles that I go stuck on
I really loved this game, definitely in my top 5 of all time. It took me nearly 8 hours which is a record I reckon.
Thanks to Devs!!
My only quibble is that after playing the game in hard mode the bonus game seems to be in normal mode.
Brilliant other wise.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Jun 10, 11 12:02 PM
took me 4 1/2 hours some mini games skipped but not all,

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jun 10, 11 2:50 PM
Whew, Im so tired 10 hrs and 22 minutes including Bonus. Not all in one sitting tho. Some yesterday and some today. I completed some puzzles and skipped others. After you finish the game you can tinker with the puzzles on your own, there is a section in the extras Im going back from time to time and work on the puzzles in case I meet them again someday. Im sure I will. Something to do in between games.with this game and DreamLand I feel that I have been on vacation or out of this world for a few days. I think for once, I am filled with hidden object (piglet). That one was for you Miss LIsa. LOL. Have a nice weekend all, I intend to get out of this house for a while. Im giving this one

Forgot to say, that this is the first time i didnt even open the Stategy Guide.

Edited on 06/10/2011 at 2:54:28 PM PST

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Jun 10, 11 3:35 PM
I finished in 7 1/2 hours, including bonus. The main game was really cool and I have zero complaints about it, I had a blast playing it. But I found some of the puzzles in the extra bonus area to be really hard and glitchy. I skipped one out of sheer frustration, it's one of the puzzles that come up frequently in a lot of games and no matter how many times I try to do it, I always end up skipping it. Then I skipped a second one in the bonus area because either I couldn't figure out how to play it, or the directions were wrong or there was a glitch. The third puzzle I skipped definitely had a glitch, I think it was the very last one in the bonus area. I completed the puzzle and even got the little jingle that means I got it right, but it kept resetting over and over. I don't know, maybe I missed something, but that last puzzle definitely seemed to have some sort of glitch.

ETA: Oh and I also skipped the one where you have to try and catch the snake. That one made NO sense to me whatsoever.

Anyhoo, fun game either way.

Edited on 06/10/2011 at 3:38:26 PM PST

Go to: