Again Colour book

[Post New]by Bedminster on Jun 9, 11 3:02 AM
Hi,
has anyone who had had problems with opening the colour book found a solution?? Maybe I just oversaw something important...

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

Re:Again Colour book

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 9, 11 11:00 AM
When you first go in the Port Office, there is a book on the right hand counter. You can't open it, no matter how hard you try. When you return to the Port Office later after you've done a bunch of other stuff the graphics are identical but the book on the right hand counter now has a different name and can be opened. Pretty lazy developers to change items without giving you a visual clue.

Also when you open the book, see the color, and it automatically copies into your journal, that's not good enough. You have to click on the color (or colour for the non-Americans) swatch.

Another problem people have in the Port Office is finding the note on the center counter. That's because every other object that you can pick up in all five games shows its name when you mouse over it except this one. Again, lazy developers, poor quality control, and another example of how bad this game is, especially compared to its predecessors.

[Post New]by caldersey on Jun 26, 11 1:11 AM
I have clicked on everything you can click on in the port office and still can't open the book of colours!! what is the 'bunch of other stuff' you need to do before you can open the damn book?!

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 27, 11 2:55 AM
I went to the fishing shop and made the fishing rod, then went to the art studio and picked up stuff there before returning to the Port Office to view the color book. I don't know exactly how much is required before the book appears.

[Post New]by Mik1970 on Oct 3, 11 12:01 PM
cbellcrm wrote:I went to the fishing shop and made the fishing rod, then went to the art studio and picked up stuff there before returning to the Port Office to view the color book. I don't know exactly how much is required before the book appears.

I'm having the same problem with the colour book. I did all of the above. Made the fishingrod, went to art studio and then back to port office. I can click all that I want but nothing hapens. Even when I try to click on the help button it says that there is nothing more to do at the port office. But I need the colour book.

I'm stuck. Does anyone knows what to do now? Or is this indeed a technical problem.

For the information I'm playing the dutch version bought from bigfishgames.nl.

Thanks

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Oct 4, 11 12:48 AM
Did you pick up the brush and read the note in the art studio? If so, then it is probably another glitch. You need to report it via the green envelope to your right.

[Post New]by Mik1970 on Oct 4, 11 11:44 AM
@ cbellcrm. Thanks for you post. Yes I picked up the brush and read the note. I will report it via the green envelope.

Greetings Mirjam

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Nov 29, 11 9:55 AM
I hate to complain but it seems like there are glitchs in every game now. If I deveate from what the gamers want us to do thangs lock up Well not lock up but you just can't go to where you are suppose to. I don't like to follow the walkthrough all the way. But saying that if I don't then I can't do something on down in the game. Am I alone in this or do others have that problem too. I know people do because they have the same problem as I do. WHY do they make games like that. It wasn't that way a couple of years ago. Thanks now I will get down from my soap box.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 8, 11 6:49 PM
JKPHEP,

I see three kinds of game problems.

One is some variation of "the game won't run." I can sympathize with developers on this, since they can't possibly test the system on every combination of hardware and software owned by gamers. Since BFG let's you download the games to see if they can run on your system before you buy, I don't fault them or the developers.

The second is faulty translation, spelling, and/or grammar. There is no excuse for such sloppiness, but it usually does not prevent enjoyment of the game.

The third is the type of glitch you describe where they just don't test enough or think things through. For example, in Spirit Soup if you go to Town Hall before the Temple, you won't be able to finish the game. In Unsolved Mystery Club, Ancient Astronauts if you don't pick up something in chapter two you can't finish chapter four. Book of Water is full of these type of glitches. If a mistake like that makes its way into a game, developers used to quickly issue a new release to solve the problem. Now they seem to feel that if it is at all possible to finish a game, they don't need to spend time on it. An expert gamer should be able to finish a game without consulting a walkthrough, but not the kind of sloppy games being released nowadays.

Go to: