bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 9, 11 10:28 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy posting!

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 10:28:28 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 9, 11 11:24 AM
I found it totally tedious. Great graphics, not bad gameplay. But do I really want a hint button like that throughout my game? Accents were dreadful. Compared with' Love and Bitten' - which I found absolutely charming - actually maybe that's it - I didn't find this game interesting or charming. And it could have been both. No buy from me.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 9, 11 1:01 PM
My disappointment in the fact that this was not a LFA game was somewhat abated by the fact that this is a very well made game! It took me over 7 1/2 hours to play, including the bonus game, although I left the game open while I fed the dog, answered the phone, made coffee, etc. So 7 hours would probably be more accurate. Some may find the voices not to their liking or too campy, but I thought Dracula's accent and the elaborate trills of his R's to be perfect for a vampire. The addition of extra powers for Dracula as the game goes along was a nice touch.

The scenes were beautifully rendered, albeit a bit dark, and the music was non intrusive and quite relaxing in some places. The hidden object scenes were not junky, and some items were harder to find than others. The story line is, of course, dark and along the lines of a good Dracula movie. One should like the color red to play this game. One can choose human victims for Dracula or not. One of the achievements is to Not take advantage of that opportunity, so that gives at least one reason to replay the game. I don't know if the outcome of the game is different if Dracula doesn't use any of the girls for his refreshment. Another reason to play again.

There is a whole list of achievements to attain, and will surely give good replay value to the game. The extras (besides music and wallpapers) is the fact that all of the mini-games, puzzles, and hidden object scenes are there to play on your own. Very nice addition. Some of the puzzles are hard. I even skipped a few and will have to go back again and try to beat them all. (trap the snake?! Did anyone trap that bloody snake without using the Strategy Guide answers? - <skip!> One hexadecimal puzzle gave me the achievement of over 10 minutes and I wasn't trying to be slow about it.

Seven hours of playing time, good replay value for enjoyment and to attain all the achievements, all the puzzles and H0 scenes to do at my own leisure, good story.... makes for a top notch game! I do wish it had been an LFA, but have to say - well done, Frogwares, and thank you, Big Fish Games!

indigobuni
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by indigobuni on Jun 9, 11 1:11 PM
Thanks for your review Lady Cav.

I'm happy they made a sequel to Dracula: Origin. I enjoyed that one immensely. That was from Van Helsing's POV. This looks to be in Dracula's POV. I can't wait for the download to finish, so I can start playing.

(Oh, and I, too, wish it was a LFA since Origin was)

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Jun 9, 11 1:14 PM
Thanks Lady_Cav for your input on this game! I saw an earlier post from Mr. Russ (who I think is the king of LFA games, value his opinion and has helped me MANY times) and hesitated downloading since I was looking forward to that same type of gameplay. If you both like it, I am sure it will be a great game. Thanks again for your post.

As for goofyduck77, you also rock and should be getting paid for your detailed and informative reviews! Thanks for taking the time to post, it is very helpful.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jun 9, 11 1:42 PM
Hallo Fishies, I love this game. Esp. the jumping map (a new created word?) from a German speaking girl. You can travel fast and do not need a dozend pairs of sneekers. Also you know at which spot you have to do more. Really a great game. Thank you Happy gaming

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 9, 11 1:45 PM
I'm really surprised there aren't more comments on this game by now. Usually by the time I get around to posting a review, there are four pages of comments, lol.

Well, maybe it is because I am not a fan of the vampire genre, but I really did not care for this game. I certainly did not feel it should be a CE. I played in the advanced mode, but still found the game pretty easy. The hints loaded really quick and they pretty much told you what needed to be accomplished instead of gently guiding you. I didn't consult the strategy guide to find out how far I had gotten in the game because the game was so easy, I didn't need to look and forgot all about it.

The graphics were fine and the HOG scenes were pretty easy. I started out with the music on, but somehow it stopped during the game even though my speakers were up and working. Also, note that most of the scenes have blood, skulls, some occultic symbols, etc. so if someone if offended by these type of things, they shouldn't demo this one. There are also parts in which the player has to determine whether they want to bite their prey and turn them into a vampire which looked like they would be graphic, but you can always decide not to do so.

Overall, I think if someone were really into vampires, they would enjoy this game simply because of the storyline. If someone doesn't care one way or the other, I think they would be too bored.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 9, 11 2:02 PM
@rosie28: There is another C&R thread (the original one) that is now locked - there are more comments and reviews in that one (you can still read the thread, you just cannot post in it).

I am trying to make my way through the demo of this one and I just cannot seem to get interested in the game. I am saving the rest of demo to try another day - sometimes I have a different take on a game on a different day but I am not too hopeful about this one.

ETA: I like the vampire themed games... just not this one so far.

ETA: @Lady_Cav: You can adjust the gamma in the options and it will lighten the game up however much you want.

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 2:06:29 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 9, 11 2:22 PM
repost from other thread -
This is the sequel to Dracula Origin but instead of playing Professor Helsing you play Dracula. For those fishies that have played Origin and Hound of the Baskervilles (same developers) this gameplay is the same as the hound of the Baskervilles. Including the ability modes, map of achievments.
There was 2 modes of play - hard doesn't have sparkles. I played on the hard/advanced mode.
It did play on widescreen for me.
HIdden object -In my hour, there was 4 H0 scenes and 1 find 15 same item scene (2 were junk pile and the find same item was a repeated scene). Also were clear no mini objects.
Didn't like the accents on the voice overs.
There was an interactive map - click to go to area and it also told you if there was tasks to complete in an area. When you have done everything in an area there is also "location complete".
Puzzles The mini puzzles were good though mostly non -original, (one sort of original) not hard, and skipable. (no pipes puzzle so far).

I really enjoyed hound of baskervilles and I do really enjoy this. BUT I LOVED the first Dracula game, it's humour, uniqueness and this didn't have the same humour. I think it is trying to appeal to a wider audience of gamers - those that love IHOGs. I wish it went in the same formula of Large file Dracula Origin. But it is a very good game. (It's just a B+ game and not an A+ game which I was hoping for)

edit - LENGTH There is 6 chapters plus a bonus chapter. First chapter took me exactly one hour on hard mode and no skipping puzzles or using hints.
FINISHED If you like puzzles and don't skip them it will be a long one. The bonus took me nearly 2hrs. Normal game 7hrs with 2 skips in puzzles. BONUS - Completely different area than the main game, different puzzles, good length. And like the Baskervilles game, unlocked all H0 scenes, puzzles (although no new ones).
STORY - Didn't like how the story ended in the main game, but felt complete. Bonus plot just followed a small side-line in story (didn't like how that ended either!)

For those that buy CEs this is a good edition. If you like puzzles, want a built in SG, like all puzzles, H0 scenes unlocked, decent length bonus play then this CE may please.
Still bummed it went this route though

Edited on 06/10/2011 at 2:10:06 AM PST

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jun 9, 11 3:25 PM
Hi all in the pond, When I first read the reviews for this game earlier this afternoon) there were many more comments in this section. Quite a few were based around one 'fishes' comments about the game being inappropriate for Christians or something along that line! I couldn't see the relevence personally but think that maybe all the comments have been removed...... am I right?
In my humble opinion this game has some very clear and detailed graphics and can be played at which ever level you wish..... I prefer the less demanding level!
I thoroughly enjoyed my hours trial and may very well purchase the game, although I'm tempted to wait for the regular game rather than the collector's edition.
There again I may not be able to wait that long.
Thanks again Big Fish!
Love Pat_ric_ia x

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jun 9, 11 3:29 PM
Hi again, Oops! Just noticed that the other earlier reviews and comments are in another section further down the screen and note that the moderator has removed the 'offending' comments.
Good for you!
Pat_ric_ia x

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 9, 11 3:46 PM
I love the vampires and it's an o.k. game. The graphics are nice and the voice overs are o.k., but Igor voice can be irritating. It does seem simple in it's game play. I will wait for the SE. I love vampires and I concider buying the CE version of this game, but I just don't think it's quit worth CE prices. I'm sure many will like this game and I do, but I can't say it's my favirote. But I will own one day. Just not today. Enjoy!

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

I'm re-posting my review because the other got locked down. Thank you to the fishes that stay on topic. I enjoy reviews and I read them all. I value everyone's opinion on a game.
enjoy the CE, I am looking forward to the SE version.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jun 9, 11 4:16 PM
I loved this game. My only thought was that the voices were irritating-so turned the volume to them down and went happily on my way. Worth the CE IMO.

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jun 9, 11 4:19 PM
Hello fishies!! Just finished the trial version and liked it so far. I also played Dracula Origin and like it. Most likely I will purchase this game simply because I love spooky,haunted house on a hill kinda stuff!! Happy gaming !

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jun 9, 11 4:47 PM
I am agree with some fishes whom draw the lines to this type of game, it's not a matter of vampires itself, but certanly I don't feel to launch an arrow to a crucifix to open a cabinet in the London's location, that's going too far and it's offensive toward Jesus himself and those who believes in him, so I have closed the game and unloaded.
The game it's not that bad, but frankly, vampires or not, I didn't think it was worth it to buy it as C E, the voices talk with an accent not clearly well defined, a mix of indian and maybe estern something? (No offfense) Anyway

Edited on 06/09/2011 at 4:49:00 PM PST

[Post New]by goodwinalana on Jun 9, 11 4:58 PM
[b]I love this game I just finished the demo and oh my god I had to buy it.
I will post when finished the game after this long dl grr ranting over lol.
The voice are great love the graphics but then I again love fog games it's also hog games as well so gotta love that to.
So off to play happy gaming fishies .

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 9, 11 5:13 PM
Absolutely one of the best games of the year!! And that is saying some. Love the graphics and the puzzles are somewhat unique as well. Be warned this game is not for everyone. If you are squeamish or do not like occult themes, this is not a game for you. I see it is a long game as well. Loving it! Should be a good summer for games from BF. Grade: A++

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jun 9, 11 6:19 PM
What a disappointment. I've been hanging out for this game since I finished Dracula Origin (which I thoroughly enjoyed). Unfortunately they've gone from an adventure game to an IHOG. It's an ok game if that's what you're after, but for me it's too much of a change from the first one and too much like every other HOG that's come out recently.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jun 9, 11 6:45 PM
I am not a vampire fan, nor werewolves, zombies or mutient ants. But, I do like a game with lovely artwork that has some substance to it. The hint "buddie" I like not so much. No cute fuzzy, big eyed bunny rabbit here. Not even a nice sleek raven. Anyway, that said, I haven't gotten very far into the game and I am enjoying it so far. Will I buy? Don't know. I just finished Dreamland. And absolutely loved it. I appreciate everyone's reviews. Wish I had the words to describe as well as some of the others.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 9, 11 6:57 PM
laraly wrote:I am agree with some fishes whom draw the lines to this type of game, it's not a matter of vampires itself, but certanly I don't feel to launch an arrow to a crucifix to open a cabinet in the London's location, that's going too far and it's offensive toward Jesus himself and those who believes in him, so I have closed the game and unloaded.
The game it's not that bad, but frankly, vampires or not, I didn't think it was worth it to buy it as C E, the voices talk with an accent not clearly well defined, a mix of indian and maybe estern something? (No offfense) Anyway

The arrow didn't hit the crucifix, it somehow slid it down a rope and out of the way.

No crosses were harmed in the making of this game.

Go to: