abilities

[Post New]by abrown0206 on Jun 10, 11 11:47 AM
Hi all
I am out of "blood" to use my abilities. I have looked for bottles, and or "spots" none to be found. All of my locations say location complete except Van Helsing's office after it has been "slimed"! There are 2 puzzles I need to solve, but can't reach the medallion in the dragons mouth because my ability power is too low. Is it because I chose not to "drink" from my victims? Is there a trick to getting more "fuel".
Thanks to all.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:abilities

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 10, 11 11:42 PM
Hi there abrown,
Welcome to the Pond - and the games forums.
It has been sometime since you posted this, but I know what it is like to ask for help or suggestions and have no reply.
I hope you have found a way round this by now as I unfortunately cannot give you any suggestions here as I was "very thirsty" on my journey through this game, and took every opportunity to replenish my strength.
However, in light of the fact that you are given a "warning" about your decisions affecting the outcome, I'm sure the devs have a mechanism to cater for those who choose not to drink from the Evil Queen's minions.
Or maybe not - perhaps this is the outcome, no strength, no ability to complete your quest?
Maybe you need to start over with a new profile and "take a bite"

I hope someone else who has made the same choices as you has some other information/help when this is activated again in Forums Home.
Cheers

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 10, 11 11:59 PM
This may not be of much help but..

I did get the achievment award for getting all blood. Sometimes it's hard to see with all the red 'badness" (or whatever it is called) around you. But look for blood stains as well as bottles. I think (?) there is a blood stain in the office (maybe desk?), just click on everything that looks like blood, or every bottle etc.

And you do not need to make anyone a vampire (or whatever that is in the cutscene) there is enough blood around to do everything - I promise you. When one of the cutscenes (in the bedroom) came I hadn't a chance to search everywhere first. So was scared I wouldn't get the blood and ahem took some blood from the victim. But immediately afterwards found the blood so I didn't need to make that choice. And for the rest of the game I declined any victims and found enough blood. Sometimes it did mean jumping around between locations.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 11, 11 7:35 AM
Ah! but, if you don't bite you don't get some of the achievements!! I never ran out of blood or abilities

Kel

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 11, 11 5:27 PM
Kelvarda wrote:Ah! but, if you do n't bite you don't get some of the achievements!! I never ran out of blood or abilities

Kel

True lol. spolier - But the ending sucked ( ) when I made that choice To get all of the achievements you would have to replay it twice.

OP - I did go into the strategy guide, and it does tell you where all the blood is. Just click on the photo and it has an @ where the blood is. Don't know where in the game you are as you do go back to the office a few times but both times in chapter 2 its just a bottle one on the desk closest to you, and one on the other.

If you already have those, then I don't know if the "location complete" also means all the blood (?) but I would go back through all of them again, ie open drawer in the bedroom in chapter 2, and go through it with the guide.

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 5:44:43 PM PST

Go to: