sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews on Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 11, 11 12:19 AM
Go ahead, Fishies!

I just played the CE version of this game, and it was one of the best I've ever played. My only objection to the CE was the Strategy Guide - it wasn't very helpful, and I had to find a walkthough on the internet.

One thing I am very interested in is how exactly the game ends in the SE version, because the CE bonus gameplay completed the story in a satisfactory manner. I'm wondering how the SE version completes the story without the extra chapter. Please let us know, but remember to white out your spoiler! (That means to highlight the text while you are writing it, then click the T with the color blocks, and choose white as the text color. When you post the message, you can't read it without highlighting it.)

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 2:34:18 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews on Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 11, 11 12:37 AM
I totally agree with Sinshack about this game. Great game and nearly worthless strategy guide. One of the few times I have ever tried to use a strategy guide and it was like... I didn't use one. LOL Fortunately, I was able to figure things out eventually.
The game is definitely worth the SE price but I was happy that I bought the CE.

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 12:38:08 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jun 11, 11 12:39 AM
Bought the CE, loved it!

The game is fantastic! The graphics is brilliant, storyline is great, music is also amazing! Puzzles are very challenging, if they gave a clear instruction that will be better. I liked the new abilities of little dragon and fairy but I hate their annoying sound. There're lots if locations to visit, the game is a little bit hard as well. The strategy guide of this game looks strange and doesn't give much help. The lenght is very long around 5-6 hours.

I really enjoyed the game and don't want it to end, thus Is one MUST HAVE in your hogs collection.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 11, 11 12:57 AM
I absolutey love the first one and I'm so happy the second one in the series is here. I've been waiting for it. For those of us who wait for the SE, it's our turn to enjoy such a great game. I think this game is fantastic! The graphics,sound,fairy are just wounderful. Fairytale games are my favirote and then vampires. This is a must have game! If you didn't get the CE be sure to get this SE edition. I'm off to enjoy such a great game.

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 11, 11 1:44 AM
Yes, this time things are quite fixed: the fairy doesn't enter "between your legs", and moves only to take the hidden objects. That's a relief... Also, the redundant sparkles are gone (phew)...

I still need a walkthrough, but this time I don't have any demands from the developers - they "didn't promise me a rose garden"...

Graphic are the best of the best - as the CE players noticed. I noticed too a map (does it appear in the CE?), of where you are and which rooms are opened or you have to return to them - I like it!!!

Of course it's a buy (I wanted the CE, but because of the bad SG didn't buy it) - the fairy tales are my favorites...

Thanks, developers, thanks BF!

[Post New]by bungweasel on Jun 11, 11 1:53 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I absolutey love the first one and I'm so happy the second one in the series is here. I've been waiting for it. For those of us who wait for the SE, it's our turn to enjoy such a great game. I think this game is fantastic! The graphics,sound,fairy are just wounderful. Fairytale games are my favirote and then vampires. This is a must have game! If you didn't get the CE be sure to get this SE edition. I'm off to enjoy such a great game.

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

Today you called this game "Fine Swine," I have seen the word "Piglet" used to describe a game also, maybe by you, I'm not sure. I'm just learning my way around here. Is their a dictionary posted somewhere with these words and others that are commonly used in the forums?
thank you, bungweasel

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 11, 11 2:20 AM
bungweasel wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I absolutey love the first one and I'm so happy the second one in the series is here. I've been waiting for it. For those of us who wait for the SE, it's our turn to enjoy such a great game. I think this game is fantastic! The graphics,sound,fairy are just wounderful. Fairytale games are my favirote and then vampires. This is a must have game! If you didn't get the CE be sure to get this SE edition. I'm off to enjoy such a great game.

Today you called this game "Fine Swine," I have seen the word "Piglet" used to describe a game also, maybe by you, I'm not sure. I'm just learning my way around here. Is their a dictionary posted somewhere with these words and others that are commonly used in the forums?
thank you, bungweasel

Hi bungweasel,
I came up with my own acronyms for rating games. It's just my way of being humorous and rating a game. Here are my acronymyms for games.

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by bungweasel on Jun 11, 11 2:46 AM
thank you.
bungweasel

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 11, 11 2:48 AM
I didn`t liked the CE enough for paying the double price, but with the SE its a buy for me. But I must say, I liked part 1 much more. Anyway, its a buy

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 11, 11 3:19 AM
Already commented when the CE was issued. It's a good game, well worth buying the SE. But I'm afraid I didn't find it half as good as the first one (SE).
I had to turn the sound off as the voice of the fairy was just as bad as in the first one, and she did interfere a lot more.
A good game, BUT.... (if you bother to, see the CE's C&R thread).
Happy gaming

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jun 11, 11 3:30 AM
I agree about the fairy, can`t see the need for her at all really.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jun 11, 11 3:37 AM
Totally agree about (annoying) fairy, but I thought the dragon was quite cute!

Tig

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jun 11, 11 5:48 AM
I know that many people love this game but it is not for me.

I found the graphics overfull of detail & many items were very difficult to find as they blended too well into the background. The story itself did not grab me, I did play long enough to get out of the castle but had lost the will to want to know what would happen when I reached the forest. I really hated the fairy whipping across the screen every time I clicked on an item of interest.

The voice of the fairy was particularly bad but thankfully the sound could be switched off; the music however, was lovely.

The hint recharged after only 30 seconds but it was not always very helpful, it would often highlight an object that you knew needed cleaning/interaction with something else, etc. but didn’t give any guidance as to what you were required to do.

I did not find a rapid click penalty, I played in advance mode & there were no sparkles.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 11, 11 5:49 AM
Yes the dragon was very cute, but I felt sorry for him having to flap his wings endlessly, the poor thing must have been exhausted !

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 11, 11 7:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to sticky this thread.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy posting!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 7:45:04 AM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jun 11, 11 7:54 AM
I'm out of money this month and was hoping after 10 days without a good game in sight I might be able to go a whole month with out the urge to buy anything!! LOL But then comes along this game - Oh dear I don't think i am able to resist this gem of a game. I loved the first one and, even though I've only played 25 mins of demo, I'm loving this one.

Unlike the rest of you I LOVE the fairy's voice (fairies shouldn't have deep voices imo!! ).

Oh well - resistance is futile!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jun 11, 11 8:32 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I didn`t liked the CE enough for paying the double price, but with the SE its a buy for me. But I must say, I liked part 1 much more. Anyway, its a buy
I have to agree with Eisteep on the part about not liking the CE enough to pay double the price; which is rare for me! I buy a LOT of CE's! I didn't find the story engaging enough to want to find out what happens in the bonus game play! I also didn't find myself using the strategy guide at all. I also find myself not using the strategy guide at all in the CE's lately so for me what the selling point is...do I want this game for the bonus game play? I think I am just happy enough to play the SE and use my punch card credit! The last of my 12 punch card credits from the "SPRINGFEVER" sale! BWAH HA HA HA HA!

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 11:18:38 AM PST

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Jun 11, 11 8:43 AM
QElll, I liked the fairy's voice also.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jun 11, 11 6:27 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Just swimming by to sticky this thread.

I thought for a minute that there was no C&R thread, but then I found it right down at the bottom of the forum, so I don't think the stickying worked...

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 6:28:53 PM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jun 11, 11 8:14 PM
Haven't finished but from comments it seems I made the right choice in waiting for the SE ...though the lil fairy isnt as helpful as she was in the original Isabella ...but lovin it BIG TIME hoping for a LONG TIME of game play.
salaams from Oz

Go to: