bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 11, 11 7:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by persiancat19 on Jun 11, 11 8:20 AM
I'm having a problem. It won't play in full screen, even though it is selected. I just get a box on the left side of my monitor. I played the CE with no problems. Has anyone else got this problem?

[Post New]by eeyorefan62 on Jun 11, 11 8:57 AM
i got the egg and hatched it then the fairy disappeared. I quit the game and came back but no luck

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 11, 11 10:18 AM
Hey persiancat19, you may want to check to see if altering some settings might help. Here is a help article with that information: Screen Resolution.

eeyorefan62, you may want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help, or starting over with a new player profile.

If you need more help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 11, 11 10:48 AM
eeyorefan62 wrote:i got the egg and hatched it then the fairy disappeared. I quit the game and came back but no luck

Hi eeyorefan

This is not a Technical Issue, it's part of the game! The fairy does leave after the egg is hatched. She tells you she's going! But she does return later in the game.

I have also sent you a PM in case you don't come back to read this.

Kel

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 11:31:07 AM PST

[Post New]by kandlegirl on Jun 11, 11 11:15 AM
After I type in my name, the game goes back to my game manager. Tried uninstalling & restarting my computer, but no luck

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 11, 11 12:07 PM
Hey kandlegirl,

Welcome to the pond! I would recommend checking to see if an update to your computer might be helpful. Here is a help article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help with the game, please get in touch with Tech Support. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Jun 11, 11 2:18 PM
I wanted to demo this game but after it is loading to the welcome page, it freezes and the music keeps cutting off. I know it is not my computer because I play the other games I have and they play fine. I just finished playing Dreamland and Mystery Trakers which are two long games and they both played fabulous without any technical problems. There are few games here that I've encountered the same technical issues which prevents me from buying them and I know they are great games. If they were first CEs and turned into SE afterwards, they are going to have technical issues, especially, if the word "SE" is not showing in the name after being changed. It happened to me with another game, it couldn't play because the word "SE" was not showing on the game when I downloaded, but I'm not sure if that is what's happening to this game. I wish the Devs would correct these technical issues so that the people who waited so long for this version (SE) could play the games, too.

Thanks

[Post New]by midnightmoose on Jun 11, 11 11:35 PM
The comment box in my game is not visible. I have to put my mouse up to the top of the screen (there is a bit of scrollwork that I can see) and that pulls the comment down so I can read it. It is very tedious to do this every time.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 12, 11 8:32 AM
midnightmoose wrote:The comment box in my game is not visible. I have to put my mouse up to the top of the screen (there is a bit of scrollwork that I can see) and that pulls the comment down so I can read it. It is very tedious to do this every time.

Hi midnightmoose -not a Technical issue. This is how the game is designed. So that those of us who played on Hard mode (me for one), who do not want to see the hints, don't see them. It's the same in the CE (which is what I played)

They are visible all the time if you play on Easy (but they are only hints, not solutions)

Kel

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 12, 11 1:47 PM
Another game that is supposed to be played in widescreen and doesn't work.

Instead of game saying "not supported" it would be more helpful to know if it is my graphics card (drivers are up to date)?
If my screen resolution isn't high enough (highest it will go is 1440 x 900, and yes I have changed the resolution with the only 2 other options my laptop gives me. And no I can't change it manually my card doesn't allow it)

A few game I can run here on widescreen but quite a few I can't - more information would be great so if I buy another laptop I know what to look for and what to avoid. I usually blame my nvidia card but it might not be that?

[Post New]by midnightmoose on Jun 12, 11 5:17 PM
Thanks Kel!

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Jun 13, 11 2:26 PM
This game downloads and installs very slowly. it took more than an hour to download, and other big file games of nearly the same length did not take that long. Usually, after a download, installation is a minute. Three minutes into the installatin, it appears to be only half there.

This is the second attempted installation. Just before installation the first time, the computer was disconnected. I expected to see the game listed in the In Progress section, but it was not there. So I went through the 2nd tedious download.

Has Big Fish changed something in the past week? Long download times are not something I associate with Big Fish.

Spur1
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Spur1 on Jun 13, 11 4:56 PM
Is it a technical problem for the weight mini game to open the gate. I only found 3 weights and put them in the only spots it would allow me to. I went to open the gate by pulling the lever and it would not open. I went back in to the weight area and it would not allow me to do anything and it looks like there should be three more weights to hang. Please respond as I can't find any other comments on this that have been answered. Is it a tech error and do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Thanks

[Post New]by msmetalmom on Jun 13, 11 6:18 PM
HELP!!!! I am in the witch's castle, and I got all 3 gears. But, when I started to use them, one of the large gears just disappeared! I don't know where it went, but I need it to open the 1st floor door. What do I do now?

infjaci
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by infjaci on Jun 13, 11 6:29 PM
I'm stuck where I should hatch the egg. Placed egg in nest but suddenly my transformation ption, this claw-thing had gone from my inventory. Went back to all places but didn't find it. Also un-installing and re-installing didn't help.

Am still in try mode cause don't want to buy unless this bug is solved. Please help - thanks!

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jun 14, 11 1:28 AM
Spur1 wrote:Is it a technical problem for the weight mini game to open the gate. I only found 3 weights and put them in the only spots it would allow me to. I went to open the gate by pulling the lever and it would not open. I went back in to the weight area and it would not allow me to do anything and it looks like there should be three more weights to hang. Please respond as I can't find any other comments on this that have been answered. Is it a tech error and do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Thanks

This is not a technical issue. You have to perform other actions in the minigame to get the gate to open. Have you tried moving the weights or clicking on other parts of the lock device? The right combination will open the gate high enough to move through it.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 14, 11 9:19 AM
Spur1 wrote:Is it a technical problem for the weight mini game to open the gate. I only found 3 weights and put them in the only spots it would allow me to. I went to open the gate by pulling the lever and it would not open. I went back in to the weight area and it would not allow me to do anything and it looks like there should be three more weights to hang. Please respond as I can't find any other comments on this that have been answered. Is it a tech error and do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Thanks

This isn't a Technical Issue! When you place the weights you have TWO pictures on screen. When the weights are in the correct places, click the Gate Switch in the Smaller Picture!! It will show the gate opening, and when you pull back you will be able to enter the town

Kel

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 14, 11 9:25 AM
msmetalmom wrote:HELP!!!! I am in the witch's castle, and I got all 3 gears. But, when I started to use them, one of the large gears just disappeared! I don't know where it went, but I need it to open the 1st floor door. What do I do now?

This was a Technical Issue in the Bonus Section of the Collector's Edition of this game. Other than starting again, or doing a complete re-download, the only other suggestion is to contact Technical Support via the Green Envelope.

Kel

[Post New]by BellaBoo54 on Jun 14, 11 2:13 PM
HELP!!!

I'm stuck in the Dwarf's Home, in the kitchen. I gave the cheese to the mouse to lure it out and that part worked but the cat is still sitting by the milk bowl!! I've tried reinstalling it but that doesn't even work!! If someone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Go to: