bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dreams of a Geisha technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 12, 11 2:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Post any Dreams of a Geisha technical issues here only

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 12, 11 10:42 AM
A rather odd issue: When I played "Temple of Summer" the second time, the picture in the background was "Temple of Winter" instead. When I switched to "Temple of Winter," that had the same picture.

Not a big deal, but something the game developer might want to know.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 12, 11 11:32 AM
Having returned to the game, I now find that each of the modes has the Temple of Winter as background. That was not the case when I first started each of the "Temples." I hesitate to reload the game over just that issue, because I would like to play all the way through it once, so I can't report on whether that fixes the glitch. Would love to hear from someone with a different operating system (mine is Windows Vista ) whether this problem is popping up.

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Jun 12, 11 3:39 PM
I am not getting any sound at all. I will try to reload and see if that makes the difference.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 12, 11 11:07 PM
Reporting back on the background picture issue: I now get all of the Temples except Sring while playing different game modes several levels at a time, but rarely the correct season, just an apparently random change after many levels. Maybe that is just how it works after all the Temples have been unlocked. Odd, though, to have a Summer background when you're playing Winter and an Autumn backround when you're playing Spring.

Signe28 -- Sorry for your trouble. My sound works just fine. Nice music.

[Post New]by sailorsvalentine on Jun 13, 11 4:35 AM
My game is stuck on rotate. As soon as I click on a tile, it rotates. No matter where I click it rotates. I uninstalled it and installed it again today and it is still rotating after each click. What do I do?

[Post New]by Little_Jimmy on Jun 13, 11 7:18 PM
Hello fishes. I just have finished the demo and here everything went really fine. It seems that the right mouse click is used just to rotate the board. So I have to use the left click to make the matches. Everything went more complicated if you use your mouse on the left hand, like I do. But after some minutes of training I could play the whole demo without any stop. Great game. Hope you folks could solve the rotate issue. Best wishes Let me know if can help with anything else.

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Jun 14, 11 2:50 PM
My game slows down and then freezes from time to time. There's no pattern that I can tell. Anyone else having this problem?

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 14, 11 9:44 PM
No problem with slow-downs, but I did get one complete freeze-up while using the key teleporter (it worked fine all the other times, and I'm 10 levels away from finishing the game). But that one freeze-up was a misery, I could not get out of it without unpowering the computer, then had to put up with all of the Windows complaints about "you shut me down impropely, wah, wah wah!"

[Post New]by SonjaMcGill on Jun 17, 11 2:45 PM
I have had several freezes while teleporting and it is very frustrating. I PAID for this game and will probably never finish it.

[Post New]by Little_Jimmy on Jun 18, 11 1:34 PM
Here no problem with the teleport, at least till now. Is it happening in any particular temple or level?

[Post New]by firefly096 on Jun 18, 11 4:54 PM
I am on the last board of my last level (Temple of Winter), but everytime I play it, it freezes up the second I get the third key. I closed the game and replayed the board, and it froze again. Any ideas?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 19, 11 2:42 PM
The game froze on me during a teleport when I made the mistake of double clicking the teleports. Ever since then, I've made it a point to click only once and wait the for the teleports to move and stop before clicking anywhere again. Haven't had any freezes since.

[Post New]by MiteyMaggie on Jun 23, 11 4:48 PM
I cannot get the game to start. It is a black screen with the loading indicator. When I use task manager to stop the game there was a warning that it could not load fullscreen.

sue0
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by sue0 on Jul 3, 11 1:06 PM
firefly096 wrote:I am on the last board of my last level (Temple of Winter), but everytime I play it, it freezes up the second I get the third key. I closed the game and replayed the board, and it froze again. Any ideas?

Me too -- have played the level twice and got the same error code as soon as the third key hits the treasure chest -- help -- how do I finish this game?

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 1:08:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Puffinpower on Jul 4, 11 4:47 PM
I have an issue I haven't seen posted here yet. I just downloaded the Mac version and upon first start-up, I got a "jittery" screen - a the screen is flashing and the picture is rolling like in the old days of VCRs when there was a tracking issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled again and was finally able to play. Had a lovely time playing Temple of Spring. Then, when playing the first level of Temple of Summer, I just about completed picking up my last gold square and the game just quit and I was booted out to the Game Manager. (I still had 26 minutes left, so it wasn't simply that I ran out of demo time.) Now, when ever I try to restart the game, I have the jittery screen again. I tried rebooting/restarting 10 times and no effect. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 more times. No effect. I still get a jittery screen. It's a shame because I was really enjoying the game for the 30 minutes I got to play.

[Post New]by shadowbright on Aug 1, 11 4:23 AM
I have gotten to level 11 in the Temple of Autumn, token in hand mode. I get through the first section OK, but when I finish it and expect to see the screen with the keys and the treasure chests, the game just quits, as if I'd chosen to leave the game. Also, I have had several freezes and had to kill the game. I'm running Snow leopard on an Intel iMac. Seems from the comments like a pretty buggy game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 2, 11 11:56 AM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that a new build is now available for this game that fixes the crash occurring at the end of Level 29.

If you would like to install this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

Still having troubles? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by CezarW on Aug 2, 11 6:35 PM
Hello there, I'm Cezar from Green Sauce Games, developer of Dreams of a Geisha.

Thanks to everyone for all the great comments about Dreams of a Geisha and thanks for reporting the problems. We're working really hard to fix all the problems reported.

The update released today should fix all problems and crashes.

Please if you have any problem with this update, report it here that we're going to come back with any needed updates.

Best wishes,
Cezar Wagenheimer
Green Sauce Games

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Aug 12, 11 8:44 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:
If you would like to install this version, please <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game.
-bfgArnoStyx

Would uninstalling and reinstalling wipe out my game progress though?

Go to: