ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Some tips and hints (not really spoilers)

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 12, 11 11:00 AM
I mentioned this elsewhere, but you can right-click to turn the board clockwise.

For those not used to a turning board: It has some real advantages for two reasons. First, because the board does not fill across chained, boxed, or other obstucted spaces, turning the board get you new tokens, and this causes a small shuffle. Second, because the board always fills from the top, turning it causes a different fill pattern, which will definitely get you better matches, and better access at things like boulders. There is also the fact that the human eye is so picky and does not alway see the whole board, so turning gives you a new viewpoint. I try to turn the board whenever I feel I'm lacking good moves. That way I rarely run out of moves.

I find the hammer difficult to aim at the correct tile. If you do also, look for the tile you want to change color when you've aimed the hammer at it.

I noticed somone doesn't like the "token in hand" mode. The key to that one is to always play one token ahead. In other words, if you need a soup bowl for an important match, and you are holding a lotus flower, try to trade the lotus flower for a soup bowl somewhere. It may take two or three trades to get the token you really need. But keep looking for what you need, not so much just trying to find a spot for what you have in your "hand."

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Some tips and hints (not really spoilers)

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 13, 11 10:18 AM
For those of you who have some hand mobility issues, as I do, and have trouble holding down the mouse button for a long time while defining a chain in chain mode, here is good news. I've experimented, and you do NOT need to hold down the mouse button while "painting" the chain. Click on the first token, run the cursor over the tokens you want included and then click on the last token. (You can skip the moving of the cursor over the tokens if that is difficult, but beware, the computer will not necessarily include all the tokens you want included if the shape is odd. Works fine on something relatively linear, though.)

[Post New]by Little_Jimmy on Jun 14, 11 9:41 AM
Hello ecblisa, great tips. Thanks.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 14, 11 10:43 AM
You're very welcome, Little_Jimmy. I'm really enjoying this game. It's huge! 120 regular levels, 120 "key" levels, and 12 jigsaws (the ones after each level 30 are quite difficult). I may finish my first time through tomorrow. By the way, once you have finished all the puzzles in a seasonal temple, they all open up for free play. Or, if you like doing the whole thing all over, you can just give yourself a new user name and start from the beginning.

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Jun 16, 11 4:16 AM
Portals are useful for switching items to make matches as well as to move keys. This can be very helpful! Have fun with this lovely game!

[Post New]by goldilocks41 on Jun 20, 11 12:06 AM
Am having a problem on the pop level. My key won´t go into the teleport. Help?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 20, 11 9:48 PM
goldilocks41 wrote:Am having a problem on the pop level. My key won´t go into the teleport. Help?

Welcome to the pond, goldilocks41

You have to make matches somewhere underneath the key to get it to fall into the teleport. On the pop levels there are often large clusters that disappear with every match, so it's a matter of positioning the explosions so that you don't overshoot the teleport. You might also want to check and make sure there isn't a dotted line in your way because I got confused a few times on why the key wouldn't move until I noticed that the path was blocked.

Go to: