CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Pleasantly surprised

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 12, 11 12:44 PM
I will start off with, this CE was not to my liking as far as story line goes. I am one of those that just don't get the vampire frenzie. Anyway. I will post my thoughts on that site, but just wanted to drop in and say ..if you are desperate and in need of something to play - the one that was offered by BF offered on Thursday, is not bad, good time killer. Keep a sense of humor and a glass of water handy in case you get thirsty. It has substance along with length. I still think we should get Stevie's Slot to at least let us know what game is played sometime on the weekend..........Just teasing, probably something we wouldn't like anyway.
Side thought, how about a link from all us 'fishies' not doing chores and still want something to do? As I said, just a thought............

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Pleasantly surprised

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 12, 11 1:25 PM
I apologize, just noticed we have some other links that might be in accordance to what I am trying to say about starting a new link. Shame on me

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jun 12, 11 1:53 PM
Your all good CiChDa!!

I thought the CE this week was GREAT!! But as I am trying to avoid buying more than one CE a month, I am holding off to trial four and then decide which one I want......and save up for the rest..... ......

By the way......I loooove avoiding housework.......every time I look around I just look right back down at my game screen......

(helps treat the shock..... .....)

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 12, 11 3:14 PM
Thanks Autumn, I guess I am fortunate, my don't mind a bit of dust. I do though, hate to say it! Again, thanks for your thought s back.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 12, 11 3:27 PM
Actually I hate the Vampire/ dark/ eerie based storylines but the one on Thursday had a sense of humour about it I did buy it. I said on another thread that it would be nice to have some different themes gee whiz fairy tales,murders, there HAS to be OTHER stories to be told I want to escape when I play my games
boots

ETA: sudden stroke of genius... what about something like Jane Auell"s "Clan of the Cave Bear" I think this would translate into a half decent IHOG & adventure'

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 4:00:53 PM PST

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Jun 12, 11 6:48 PM
That's a darn good idea Boots, I would play it. I have often thought some good games could be developed, using current authors work as a template. I do like dark and eerie and there's no shortage of that book genre presently. I think James Patterson's mystery novels and J.D.Robb, who is the alter ego of Nora Roberts's futuristic mystery novels, would translate well to games.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 12, 11 8:11 PM
Anne McCaffrey's Pern books? Now they would certainly give us a game series, lol.
But not as Time Management please. I prefer ihogs and hopas and frogs and adventures

Jen

pernese56
Stingray
Stingray
5,775 Posts

[Post New]by pernese56 on Jun 12, 11 8:14 PM
mamajay wrote:Anne McCaffrey's Pern books? Now they would certainly give us a game series, lol.
But not as Time Management please. I prefer ihogs and hopas and frogs and adventures

Jen

Oh, mamajay. I so agree with you. Pern games would be awesome! And definately adventure.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 13, 11 6:09 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition game forum.

This discussion can be continued here.

Happy gaming and commenting!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by jennadancing on Jun 15, 11 8:02 PM
Actually I'm going to jump in and say i loved this game. I may be showing my age here (hang head in shame) but does anyone beside me remember when vampires were the thing in the early 80s? genres run their course, then get reinvented. I know people are tired of twilight due to over marketing, but I am glad to see this genere come to the forefront again.

Go to: