bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

level 17 ?

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 14, 11 5:35 AM
you gotta build 3 markets and get 20 civilization, anyone got any tips to beat the level, dont even care about gold......should i maybe build a villa, till i get enough steaks to do the rest

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:level 17 ?

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jun 14, 11 7:19 AM
Hi bella - haven't got there yet, but will let you know what I think when I do. Have to go out for awhile and then will be back on this game like a shot.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 14, 11 7:20 AM
lol..i got passed it but no where near gold

perrik
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by perrik on Jun 14, 11 11:21 AM
1. Put the food egg into the open building spot and let it "ripen" all the way - you'll get 2000 steaks.
2. Meanwhile, clear out the rock piles, particularly the ones on the left that lead towards the carnivorous plant that blocks the resource (green) plant.
3. When you harvest the steaks from the food egg, nest one of the rock eggs and pay off the carnivorous plant to the left (1000 steaks) and the one blocking a building site along the bottom (500 steaks). Nest another rock egg and harvest whatever is in the green plant.
4. Keep clearing out rock piles, especially the ones on the left that lead toward the existing market. Nest and harvest your rock eggs. Harvest from the green plant whenever it's ripe.
5. You'll have to feed the two remaining carnivorous plants (1500 steaks for one, 3000 for the other). Sell off rocks to buy the steaks - just make sure that you keep enough to build the other two markets (500 rocks each) and the fountain (300 rocks). You'll also need to repair the campfire at some point (no rocks required).

You might not need to clear out all the rockpiles - just make sure that the upper market and campfire are accessible. I didn't buy any additional cavemen or cavewomen, although another caveman could have been useful.

I've played the level through about five times now - on the last attempt I did it in 2:47 (gold is 4:00). I've finished the first 19 levels in gold time, still working on level 20...

Demenshia
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Demenshia on Jun 14, 11 11:22 AM
To get gold what I did was immediately place the food egg then send two men to break up the stones. I kept sending them to the stones as fast as I can. when food egg is ready collect it and feed the plant to the right, then start placing the stone eggs in the vacant slots. Then feed the plant to the right of those. When you are done with the eggs build a market. Wait until you get a decent offer on the stones then sell for at least 3000 food. feed the plant to the far right bottom and place a fountain (15 civilization). As you get more stones build the last market. If you have enough food feed the plant in the left upper corner so you can harvest the gotcha.

Hope that helps

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jun 14, 11 11:37 AM
Yep, what they said. Hatching the eggs right off the bat seems to be a good strategy in all of the levels so far.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jun 14, 11 2:22 PM
Perrik,
Thank you so much! I was making it way tooooo hard. Now off to conquer 18.

peanutfish
Manatee
Manatee
3,948 Posts

[Post New]by peanutfish on Jun 21, 11 10:47 PM
Bella, Thank you for asking about this level.
Perrik, Thank you for giving a very detailed answer. Now I know what to do.

I worked on this level until my eyes were almost crossed!

I will keep the egg strategy in mind.

Thanks bunches,
Peanut

[Post New]by LeisureBug on Jan 31, 12 5:20 PM
Just a tip for going for gold. Knock down the campfire and build two of the middle civilizations (crystals). These only take 100 stone to build where as keeping the campfire and building the top civilization (fountain) cost 300 stone.

Go to: