bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Puppy Sanctuary

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 15, 11 12:36 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Puppy Sanctuary? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Puppy Sanctuary

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jun 15, 11 1:01 AM
A cute and nicely done Match3. Good story and fun gamepplay. But cuz I'm not Match3 fans and I already bought Dreams of a Geisha so I will pass it, hope others will enjoy!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 15, 11 3:09 AM
I think this is the sequel to Kitten Sanctuary. This game is definete much better (better gameplay, graphic and also faster gameplay). I will buy because I love good match 3 games. Happy gaming everyone

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 15, 11 6:01 AM
Well once upon a time I used to love Match 3 because you could play a level here and there without losing track of what you were supposed to be doing. So, purely because Goofy said that there was an option to remove the flashes, I tried this game. While, I thought the pups were cute, the game just didn't grab me mind you I don't think it helped that I had been up in the night cleaning up after a real life poorly one.

Anyway I went and played today's soft release and that didn't grab me either so I tried a couple more M3's with the same result and I have come to the conclusion that I must be getting old as seeing explosions and being told how clever I am every match no longer appeals to me in any way shape or form .

Sorry devs, this game is not for me but I would like to give you

for the Remove Flashes button in the Options Menu and I hope that other developers follow your excellent example.

Cherb

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 15, 11 6:01 AM

If you've had a stressful day at work or the clothes washer broke down at home or the kids are fighting (again) or the husband/significant other unfairly criticizes you then, this game is perfect to sit with a cuppa in the evening and play (timed or untimed) a relaxing match-3 to save some very cute puppies.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jun 15, 11 7:39 AM
I think I would have enjoyed this game except for one thing. I didn't find there was enough contrast of colors in the tiles. With my poor eyesight this gets very tiring so it's a no buy for me.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jun 15, 11 8:06 AM
I would pretty much say ditto to Goofy's very thorough review, except I didn't seem to have the sluggishness issues. It's cute, but not something that really grabbed my attention. There's really nothing wrong with the game at all and a big kudos go to the developers for the toggle for the flashes-they don't bother me, but I know it affects others an so can make a perfectly decent game unplayable. I played on relaxed mode on my laptop that runs Windows 7.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 15, 11 9:39 AM
Thanks Goofyduck77 for answering my question, if this was a sequel to Kitten Sanctuary, thats why I so look forward to your reviews, I always get the info I am looking for .
And Eisteepfirsich answered my second question, by saying this one was better than the first..Thank You .
I did purchase the first one, so if the puppy one is even better, I am sure I will end up getting it also.
I am going to do the trial first, just to make sure it's one that I want, but its so nice to come to the forums, and find just what you need through other fishie's taking the time to write a review, much appreciated .
I am also trying the other M3 offered today, but from the reviews I've read, I'm not much into FRENZY game play, that is suppose to be casual mode, but will at least give it a try.
Have a great day everyone :-)

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 15, 11 11:30 AM
Hint: this can get pretty hard in the timed mode - just keep an eye on your morphing power up, use the energy blast when it powers up and look at the definitions of the other power ups in the M3 game.
There is a little hidden object interlude-easy - and a little bubble shoot (skippable after trying) as well as a cascade elimination game - not hard.

In the meanwhile buy interactive puppy toys and decorations to keep the puppies happy. I enjoyed the bubble loop (easily amused).

PS: Forgot to mention you can move game pieces into empty slots and also you can move diagonally.

Edited on 06/15/2011 at 11:48:46 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jun 15, 11 11:39 AM
angelfishsb wrote:I just wanted to come out here to see if anyone else is disappointed that there hasn't been any HOG/IHOG for several days. I am really going through withdrawals here. I don't care for M3 or any of the other games offered, I just want my HOG.

Cherb, I have a question for you. Did you use to go to a chat room with people like Buggie, Prayer, and Bee. If so I miss those days and would like to know because one of our companions was Cherb.

hi angelfish
Just to let you know that the place to post is the Chit Chat Rants & Chaos thread - here is the link
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/165482.page

It is only fair to let those who like Match 3 have the comments & review thread for their game as they don't get many new releases

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 15, 11 12:15 PM
I really enjoyed Kitten Sanctuary, and although this is very much "Kitten Sanctuary 2," it does seem to have some improvements. And I'm not going to complain that there's a new version of a game I liked. I remember I played Kitten Sanctuary all the way through 2 times (it was very long, and I bet this one is also), and then got tired of catering to all those rescued cats as well as my own rescued cats at home (I currently have four, all born ferile but now happy indoors). So I will enjoy catering to the pups for a while (I don't mind dogs, they just don't withstand our travels as well as cats do -- I mean, being left with a sitter while we travel).

One thing I really enjoy about both of the Sanctuary games is the diagonal moves. It usually tkes me a while to get used to seeing them (most games don't have that feature), but then I find them really useful and fun.

Woof, woof to you all! from

[Post New]by calpalbob on Jun 15, 11 12:51 PM
This game is very nice. Even has diagonal moves. This is what I like about Big Fish. You never know when a new game will surprise us. This is a buy for me. I gotta go feed my doggies. They are so cute.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jun 15, 11 4:28 PM
I liked the premise of the game, sorta like Fishdom, which I love. But this one I had the sticky, slugish cursor that just took a lot of clicks to get it to move. Then I had a hard time seeing what it was that I was to clear, colors were too much the same ( I think both things were mentioned). Puppies were cute, but the M-3 I had a hard time doing it.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jun 15, 11 4:37 PM
Well, I like dogs and all, but I just can't spend $6.99 on a game that is just about the same as Kitten Sanctuary. I found that the game play and all the power ups and things are the same. I bought Kitten Sanctuary as a DD and I think I will do the same with this one. Thanks to the developers for the no flash option.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Jun 15, 11 6:53 PM
M3s are one of my favorite types of games, but this game just didn't do it for me. I only played about half my demo time and felt like I was just going through the motions. I can't even put my finger on anything specific that I didn't like, but I never felt like I knew why I was doing what I was doing or what my goals were. So I guess when I feel a need to play an M3 I'll just go back to my all-time favorites: Fishdom, Emerald Tale and Cave Quest. I'm sure there will be many who will appreciate it.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 16, 11 3:53 AM
I played for the entire hour, and when that was up, I was tired of the game. I guess I'm not a big 3M fan like I was once. The game is cute, with all the puppies and their personalities. I enjoyed buying toys and decorations for their yard. It was the matching part that I became irritated with. As the game progresses, the matching becomes more difficult, with locks, and boxes to block the way. The more difficult it became, the less I enjoyed. The mini-games were fun, finding objects and gems, which in turn gives you more points to buy things with.
It's just not a game I would like to own.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jun 16, 11 9:14 AM
Well I didn't play Kitten Sanctuary - so can't compare - but I can say Puppy Sanctuary can certainly be filed under "Guilty Pleasures"!! It's so flippin cute I can't stand it! Keeping all those little heart meeters full appeals to my OCD side too I love a mini-goal!

Did find the swapping (I'm not a click one, click adjacent person...I'm a swapper) a bit slow - say compared to Hidden Wonders - it's not an issue so far - but wonder if it will be in higher levels (I didn't get far in the demo - kept playing with the pups & renaming them - named the first two - the lazy one & drama queen after my teenagers LOLOL - so one gets a bit of "vicarious venting" out of the way too with this option )

Fun twists on normal M3 play - I keep forgetting the diagonal option though *sigh* - I'll get the hang of it! Hopefully it will continue to be fun & relaxing as levels get tougher!!

SeaDreams
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SeaDreams on Jun 16, 11 10:05 PM
I really like this game. Played the full demo and bought. The hour demo went by fast, as I was caught up in the game so it was a buy for me. I am a dog person so the "rescue" part was what first caught my attention. Also like the different "games" within the game, match 3, shoot the pieces to make matches, and hog for food and water, and caring for the dogs, buying toys and decor for the sanctuary. Love the no timer option. Fun game!

SammyDaviesJnr
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by SammyDaviesJnr on Jun 17, 11 3:02 PM
Sea Dreams says it all - post above! Would like to comment however on the lack of contrasting colours - this would had really made the game even more enjoyable on the eye...PS: Did love the fact you can rename the dogs you rescued and overjoyed when a rescued dog was called a family members name - couldn't wait to see if the description matched them - the doggie Samantha was very like me in character! lol

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 18, 11 6:22 AM
My 6 yr. old grand daughter played this demo and has been begging for it ever since. I just caved after days of pleading.
I haven't paid much attention to the actual game but here goes!

Go to: