Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Todays DD 15 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by Akenta on Jun 15, 11 2:29 AM
Don't see cleoladycat's post to start this off, so I'll ask if there are any comments. I see this is a trial now, so I will be able to see if I'll like it. Most people say it's love it or hate it. I wasn't able to find if it's a 360 game or not.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Todays DD 15 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jun 15, 11 2:45 AM
Old school, just what the doctor ordered! Half in love with the ghost already! I love the game so far, but screen froze at the acid, probably because the demo was over. Spoiled by BFG, I forgot to save. Woe! Will probably have to start over. SAVE EARLY AND OFTEN! I intend to buy once they get the pricing fixed, even with glitches. I so miss this kind of game a lot.

Edited on 06/15/2011 at 2:57:26 AM PST

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 15, 11 3:28 AM
Game wouldn't start on my computer. So not a good start to my day!

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jun 15, 11 5:01 AM
I bought this game way back in Feb 08. It is a very long and engaging game. I never did quite finish it even tho I used a walkthru that really helped as it was difficult in some parts. That said this game is definitely worth $2.99 especially if you like strategy/adventure games and are good (at least better than this elder statesman) If this is your cuppa TRY it! HAPPY GAMING

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 15, 11 6:13 AM
laeddie wrote:I bought this game way back in Feb 08. It is a very long and engaging game. I never did quite finish it even tho I used a walkthru that really helped as it was difficult in some parts. That said this game is definitely worth $2.99 especially if you like strategy/adventure games and are good (at least better than this elder statesman) If this is your cuppa TRY it! HAPPY GAMING

Exactly true! I bought this last year and I come back to it at least once a month to inch forward a bit in the game.

Lovely atmospheric game! Well worth the money even at the regular price!

P.S. This is a game that I've had to keep notes on my progress and strategy in order to play.
Quoting another poster, "SAVE EARLY AND OFTEN"!

Edited on 06/15/2011 at 6:17:43 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 15, 11 6:52 AM
Just demoed the game and I can understand that it's called a love or hate game!
I'm inclined to love the game, but it's hard to judge because I didn't get very far in the game. I needed a WT real early in the game (couldn't figure out how to get the cablecar trolley to work) and I'm wondering if I'll be able to figure out things by myself???

Needing a WT occasionally doesn't bother me, but needing it constantly won't give any sense of accomplishment during the game. And as said, I'm not sure if I will be able to figure things out by myself

Interested to hear from people who have made more progress in the game already or maybe bought it at an earlier date and know how the game progresses and if one sort of grows into it????????.

skeetrq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by skeetrq on Jun 15, 11 8:24 AM
Okay fellow fishes, I have downloaded the trial, attempted it and now trashing it!! The seven, yes,seven minutes I tried this game--- I HATE IT!!!!!!! I love adventure, mystery, puzzle, h/o, even match 3 games, but this not my kind of game at all!!! For those of you who do--- good gaming!! Too annoying for me.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 15, 11 8:26 AM
LadyLark wrote:Old school, just what the doctor ordered! Half in love with the ghost already! I love the game so far, but screen froze at the acid, probably because the demo was over. Spoiled by BFG, I forgot to save. Woe! Will probably have to start over. SAVE EARLY AND OFTEN! I intend to buy once they get the pricing fixed, even with glitches. I so miss this kind of game a lot.

LOL, I absolutely agree about falling in love with the ghost!

I bought this game when it first came out, and I've been hoping for a sequel ever since. Maybe having it as a DD might be the signal that one is coming?? [hope, hope, hope]

This will be love or hate. It was one of the first LFAs I played, and I got lost often - but from the minute the ghost started to complain about being a ghost, I was hooked. I just downloaded it again so I can fall in love all over again - after all, it is spring!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 15, 11 8:30 AM
This is definitely a marmite game (you either love it or hate it with nothing in-between). I loved it. Beware, though - there isn't anything out there like it. No hands and thus no inventory and that's just the start.

circlelt
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by circlelt on Jun 15, 11 8:47 AM
I bought Ghost in 2009 and loved it! this is a real true adventure game, no sparklies, no hints, no hand holding. It is a looonngg game.
There is an excellent walkthrough available written by MaGtRo. Just google it.
The main character does everything using paranormal skills since (of course!) he is a ghost. You get to walk all through the factory and explore completely. This is a non linear game. You can explore everywhere and look at everything. There are tasks to complete in order to move along in the game and the puzzles can be frustrating but are really very logical.
Save often!
I loved this game and have played it several times. It was worth it when I got it and it's still worth it as a DD

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Jun 15, 11 9:16 AM
It's been a long time since I played this game. So many games, so many names...but I REMEMBER this one. It was very unusual...tricky in some places, but a good challenge and LOTS of fun. I do think it takes a bit of getting used to, but one you're "into" it, well, it's just fun!! I ONLY problem I had was with the conveyor belt. I didn't realize that I was seeing, so I would suggest to anyone playing, to click around a LOT there.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 15, 11 9:21 AM
Googled several ways and keep getting redirected or no walkthrough, just download. Can someome PM me a link? Thanks

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 15, 11 9:22 AM
This is a true adventure game, so (as mentioned) save early and save often! It's a difficult game, so adventure-beginners probably wouldn't get on well with it

The main character is such a hoot! The game has a good amount of scary to it, but it's also hilarious. Absolutely tickled my funny bone. I would buy the game today, but I already own it! haha

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 15, 11 9:41 AM
cll1950 wrote:Googled several ways and keep getting redirected or no walkthrough, just download. Can someome PM me a link? Thanks
PM on its way.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 15, 11 11:12 AM

Casper? Is that you, Casper?

Answer me!

Alright then, don't answer, but I know it's you. Oh, and Casper's a stupid name. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously?

"Casper, Attorney at Law"

Yeah, right.

(dials the number to the law firm of Casper & Casper)

"Casper, can you get me out of a parking ticket? I know a judge who needs a good laugh" (snicker)

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Jun 15, 11 12:02 PM
This game is in the large file area, while the download is only about 200 megs.

Is that just the size of the trial or is that the full game?

Cause there are many other games with larger download sizes that are NOT in large file games.
Just wondering about this.....

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jun 15, 11 12:20 PM
This game was first offered here in 2008. Perhaps at that time, it was considered a LFG and was put into that category then.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jun 15, 11 12:41 PM
The download size gave me a pause too. Large file game, only 210 MB? But it indeed is a true adventure game, which BFG calls LFA. I just wish they removed IH0Gs from LF category to make it clearer.
I just bought it and activated it - looks like 210 MB contains the full game.

+ unique gameplay, no inventory, only powers
+ old-school adventure :3
+ story sounds interesting enough
+ kind of scary... I'm afraid to enter the factory now. 22 pm and alone in the house.

- froze on me already, during machine/lights puzzle. I had to kill it from task manager. I hope there won't be any technical difficulties later on...
- no passing through walls! XD I'm sorry, but this is the first thing I thought of when I saw that we play as a ghost... ^^;

The protagonist can be annoying, but if not for him, this game would be much more scary!

cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jun 15, 11 12:59 PM
Thanks for starting us off Akenta, unfortunatly the gremlins were out this morning and I had no DD only the TGT. Trying to download to try, but evenings are always slow to do anything. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to start the comments off, I do like to see what everybody says when I get home from work.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jun 15, 11 2:00 PM
This game just has me so perplexed. After 15 mins, I still haven't gotten the trolley working. I did find the walkthrough, and pushed the buttons in the order directed, but still only managed to get one light going. I would love to be able to figure these adventure games out, as I'm running out of HOGs, IHOGS to play. But it seems like I just can't get my head wrapped around all the wandering in circles Like others have said, it's either love it or hate it. I'm simply no good at adventure games, and I don't have patience

Go to: