cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 16 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jun 16, 11 12:05 AM
Any comments fishes? I see it was a DD about a year ago so what did you think then.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Todays DD 16 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 16, 11 4:07 AM
My demo said "trial expired" so I downloaded it elsewhere to try it again. Played 15 minutes of the demo and decided against it.

It's a chain match 3. On the face of it, it's a nice game environment with relaxing graphics and music. But then there's all these explosions. Feels like the game developers got bored with the whole relaxed game thing lol... Reminds me of what became of Big Kahuna Reef sequels.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 16, 11 4:31 AM
gimmegames re BFReef sequels. The dev isn't making games anymore from what I've red. But a fishie recently informed me that their forum is still active. Not sure but that is where I think I used to d/l new puzzles made by players, many of which were used in BKR2 chains.

Have you found Monarch King on BF. Must be an older M3 but was suggested to me lately and it is quite like BKReef, but instead of collecting fish it is butterflies. The tiles are quite lovely, flowers. New beautiful graphics, a backstory you can skip, but mechanics about the same. Give it a try. I don't know why I missed this when released, may be their last M3.

They are still my fav go to games, like them much better than the Fishdom series, relaxing.

Edited on 06/16/2011 at 4:32:28 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 16, 11 8:43 AM
Re: Big Kahuna Reef - the first had great ambiance, but needed updating to add getting credit for larger matches, if I recall - a great feature that became common in match 3's after the first one's release. (I can't remember if there were other obvious additions that were desired too...) The next, if I recall right, was soooo full of bombs and loud sounds, it ruined the ambiance, imo.

Edited on 06/16/2011 at 8:48:03 AM PST

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jun 16, 11 2:21 PM
I am not a fan of chain match-3 games but this one I like. The scenery is beautiful, I love the color additions to the scenery after each completed level and the mini-game at the end of each "week" is different and fun. I have had it on my "sale" list for quite a while. I was all set to buy it after playing the first 14 levels in about 35 minutes of demo time. But fortunately I went back in to check my achievements for the levels I had completed and found that my progress had not been saved.

This must be one of those games that require ADMIN privileges to save the game (shades of Unwell Mel) and it does not tell you that before you start playing. Those types of games have to be EXCELLENT for me to buy them. I just recently discovered this problem after setting up a limited account for game playing. I know there is a way to set up a user with the proper Big Fish credentials to play those types of games but I prefer not to mess with my game playing user ID. So, sadly, this is a NO BUY for me.

Go to: