Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Level 32 help!

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jun 16, 11 3:51 AM
At least, I think it's level 32 - the one where you build the hot air balloon. I can never seem to finish in anything close to the time for getting the flystone!

Any suggestions?

ptsmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Level 32 help!

[Post New]by ptsmom on Jun 16, 11 12:04 PM
I'm stuck myself if i can pass I will let you know how I did it. Good Luck

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by goofygran on Jun 16, 11 12:14 PM
hatch the eggs....build 1 stone maker and 2 markets and completely ignore the lefthand corner. I did it 8 times before i decided to ignore the corner. just build the bridge and go from there. it was tight but I did it. now I'm stuck on 33
Good Luck

ptsmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ptsmom on Jun 16, 11 12:49 PM
I did it!!!!!! Thank you so much for all of your help

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jun 16, 11 4:50 PM
Thank you so much, goofygran! I got it!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 16, 11 5:11 PM
Boy I have tried everything! I hatched all the eggs, built the market and the stone builder but you have to upgrade to at least elephants to get past the aligators PLUS build the stupid Balloon! The balloon building goes sooooo slowly! I cannot even get enough to get close! Another hint? You cannot build 2 markets until you upgrade, build the bridge kill the aligators uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Cjb58 on Jun 18, 11 2:30 PM
I keep getting a green dinosaur above the heads of the elephants while building the balloon. All the dinosaurs are gone. Any idea why? or how to get rid of it.?

PuppyPak9
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyPak9 on Jun 18, 11 6:44 PM
I agree Leanda1...this strategy is not working for me either. Any other strategies out there??
Thanks in advance for your help.

[Post New]by rannegirl on Jun 19, 11 10:49 AM
Pay off the bigjaw to the right of the main hut.
Buy mammoths right away - and later you must upgrade the mounts in order to continue building the hot air balloon.
Plant eggs in both the empty lots until they are all harvested.

I built 1 pickarock and 2 markets and ignored the left hand corner as noted by goofygran.

I worked my way to building the bridge and other than that the only other bigjaw I fed was the one up the middle to the hot air balloon site. Make sure to harvest that one gotcha (the one across the bridge) every time until it dies - it helps.

Now the time I got the gold I lucked out and got all meat in my eggs, so I built the pickarock right away and started gathering rocks immediately so I could build the bridge and the two markets. As soon as I had some extra rock and the pathway clear to the balloon site I assigned a worker. As I kept trading rocks for meat I hired more men and would assign them to the balloon. Very important to have the workers on the balloon maxed out. Also I kept someone getting rocks all the time even if it wasn't the top deal.

PuppyPak9
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyPak9 on Jun 20, 11 8:09 AM
Call me stupid!! I missed seeing the $5000 guy to the balloon! I kept trying to go around by the gizmo! Thank you all for your help!

PuppyPak9
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyPak9 on Jun 20, 11 8:09 AM
Call me stupid!! I missed seeing the $5000 guy to the balloon! I kept trying to go around by the gizmo! Thank you all for your help!

PuppyPak9
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyPak9 on Jun 20, 11 8:10 AM

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jun 20, 11 8:25 AM
LOl, Puppy you are NOT stupid !!!! LOL.

Thanks for the tips on this one.

This is one of those levels where it can pay to wait a little while to save up your steaks before spending them all. I found that by having a few spare workers, lots of bricks & the ostrich update before I bought the flour to the balloon helped me get gold easily.

[Post New]by tabsters on Jun 20, 11 1:39 PM
I did it! I was lucky and got two eggs with meat and one with stone, but then I immediatly bought the second upgrade in dinos and then bought a pickarock, then I got enough stones to build the bridge and I built one market. I didn't even bother with the lower left corner or the plot on the right of the hut. And I only had 3 dinos on the balloon until the very end when I knew I had enough stones then I put two more on the balloon.

bertola7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bertola7 on Jun 20, 11 3:18 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure this level out?!!! If I pay off the 5000 meat guy then I never seem to be able to balance the rock/meat ratio. I've tried making the pickarock and market both on the right side. I then make the bridge and get all the freebies I can. What I don't understand is how you get enough meat to make all the rocks needed? Any suggestions?

Talon95
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Talon95 on Jun 22, 11 12:56 PM
I was stumped on this level as well, until I read two pieces of sage advice... to ignore the left of the screen and the gizmo and to use markets only.

Since not everyone has been successful with just the hints, I thought I'd take a shot at a walkthrough. One difference from the previous posts... using the steps below, I was able to upgrade to the triceratops right away and still get the flystone. So that's the basis of this walkthrough. I've run this walkthrough successfully several times.

1. Feed $1000 bigjaw (to right of house)
2. Nest and harvest 2 eggs
3. Nest and harvest 3rd egg

4. Here's where it gets a little complicated, since the eggs yield different results at different times. Each egg yields either 3000 steaks or 600 stones in multiple combinations. In playing the level a whole bunch of times, I've found that you can get 3 "stone" eggs (1800 stones total), 1 "stone" egg + 2 "steak" eggs (600 stones and 6000 steaks total) or 2 "stone" eggs + 1 "steak" egg (1200 stones and 3000 steaks total). You need 4000 steaks to be able to upgrade to the triceratops and 750 stones to build the center bridge to proceed. I haven't seen 3 "steak" eggs, so I don't have a strategy for that. If it does show up, you can always restart to get one of these more common scenarios.

Look at the total of steaks and stones after all 3 eggs are harvested. You start out with 3000 steaks and 0 stones. After feeding the $1000 bigjaw, you'll have 2000 steaks left. Then you add the contents of the eggs and should have 1 of 3 totals. Look for the total you have below for your next steps.

4.1 If you have 5000 steaks and 1200 stones (the simplest one, no additional steps required):

4.1a: Upgrade to the triceratops
4.1b: Scare the croc to the left of the house

4.2 If you have 8000 steaks and 600 stones (not enough stones to repair the bridge):

4.2a: Upgrade to the triceratops
4.2b: Build the Pickarock on one of the vacant lots
4.2c: After the triceratops upgrade is complete, mine the max amount of stones at the Pickarock based on the steaks you have left (you should now have enough stones to proceed)
4.2d: Scare the croc to the left of the house

Continued in next post...

Edited on 06/22/2011 at 1:04:38 PM PST

Talon95
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Talon95 on Jun 22, 11 12:58 PM
4.3 If you have 2000 steaks and 1800 stones (not enough steaks to upgrade to the triceratops):

4.3a: Build a market on one of the vacant lots
4.3b: Take the smallest initial offer at the market that gets you at least 4000 steaks total. (Most of the time, I've seen a middle offer of 400 stones for 2500 steaks... take that one. This leaves enough stones to build the bridge while giving you enough steaks to upgrade to the triceratops).
4.3c: Upgrade to the triceratops
4.3d: Scare the croc to the left of the house

5. Repair the center bridge (750 stones)
6. As resources permit, build the Pickarock and the first Market, if you haven't already done so as part of step 4
7. Clear both rockpiles on the other side of the bridge
8. Open the gotcha (keep an eye on it and open it every time it's ready)
9. Get max stone from Pickarock
10. Make max "stones for steaks" trade at Market 1
11. Build Market 2
12. Begin building up steaks, stones and workers (cavemen only - you have enough cavewomen) as necessary

From this point, the setup is done and you'll complete the level by performing the following (mostly) repetitive actions as quickly as possible:

- Convert steaks into stones
- Convert the stones back into steaks to build your steak inventory
- Keep a close watch on the available gotcha - the bonuses it provides are crucial
- When you get a surplus of ~5000 stones, concentrate on your steak inventory. You need enough for the bigjaw next to the house(5000) and about 5 additional workers (2500)
- At this point, try to keep your stones level high so you can select the best deals from the markets. If you let the stones level get too low, you won't be able to get the best deals (typically 1000 stones for 4000 steaks)
- Once you get up to about 8000 steaks, feed the bigjaw and continue increasing the worker count to 8 as necessary.
- As soon as bigjaw is out of the way, put as many workers on the balloon as possible. Assign the maximum number for balloon building and have 2 extra for other tasks.
- If you've done all of this expeditiously, you should have enough surplus steaks and stones so that you can convert them back and forth continuously. This is critical because a full set of workers go through stones pretty quickly. But they also complete the balloon considerably more quickly than with previous construction projects.

I finish with 45 seconds to spare reliably - thanks to the previous posters and their crucial suggestions!

Edited on 06/22/2011 at 1:07:13 PM PST

Cherlyn2
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by Cherlyn2 on Jun 24, 11 6:21 AM
Talon95. Thank you for posting this wonderful walkthrough. It helped me get this with plenty of time to spare.

Talon95
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Talon95 on Jun 24, 11 4:04 PM
Cherlyn2...

Glad we were able to help... thanks to goofygran and rannegirl for finding the critical secrets!

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Jun 26, 11 12:31 AM
THANK YOU suddenly it was just so easy

Go to: