exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Best Nancy Drew games

[Post New]by exdir on Jun 16, 11 5:02 AM
This game seemed to be more solving puzzles than solving a mystery. Can anyone tell me the best ND games that are actually solving a mystery?

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Best Nancy Drew games

[Post New]by tuskel on Jun 17, 11 1:52 AM
Most of the other ones. There is more snooping and less puzzles to solve in the earlier games, like Treasure in the Royal Tower, Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake and Final Scene. However, there are always some tasks/favours to do and some puzzles to solve.

I personally love Secret of the Scarlet Hand and Curse of Blackmoor Manor, they are full of puzzles, but it's more part of the story and it's not just random number puzzles all the time.

In the end it comes down to what kind of theme you would like. Just go to Her Interactive home page and look at the descriptions, then buy the game here (much cheaper! ). BF has most of the games, apart from the first two that were never downloadable, Secret of Shadow Ranch (but it's old enough to be cheap in ebay or somewhere) and the last one to date (but not for long, the newest ND game is coming out in a few days) - Shadow at the Water's Edge. Now this is a really good game - brilliant story, good characters, lots of snooping in big areas AND lots of puzzles, but you can skip/not do loads of them, AND it's really scary. I am a wimp, but I had to close my eyes in few places, because it was so scary.

I hope you find some that you like!
(Dare to play!)

tuskel,
sincerely

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by exdir on Jun 20, 11 5:18 AM
Thank you so much. You were very helpful...off to buy another ND game!

[Post New]by Neverlosehope on Jan 17, 12 7:06 PM
This topic is exactly what I was curious about. I am a beginner at ND games and this was my first one, The Trail of the Twister. I did all right with this game. Just wondering if there are any other ND games that are good for beginners? Thanks.

Go to: