GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Liked first Timebuilders better

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Jun 16, 11 9:00 AM
I was very excited to see this game as I really liked the Egyptian version. Although I'll buy this, I do have some complaints. I was REALLY turned off by the "ooga-booga"(I think they actually used that phrase!) caveman speech. Was that necessary? In the first version, the characters didn't speak Egyptian (sorry, I don't even know what that is). So why couldn't the voiced dialog be in English, or German, or French, or whatever language the gamer speaks?
I can't decide if I think it's odd or neat that the characters are the same as the Eqyptian, only wearing animal skins and bones.
The dance? Liked the Egyptian much better, especially the music!
And does anyone else think these cave people move very slowly? It seemed very few levels along that I was not making my time to get my scarab - oh, sorry! gold bug! I guess it's just impossible to compare the skills of a civilization who built pyramids to cave dwellers!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Liked first Timebuilders better

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jun 16, 11 10:51 AM
I thought the first Timebuilders game was more sophisticated than this one. I've played this one the whole way through and it's ok, but the first one was definitely much better from about all perspectives. And yes, these characters move much more slowly.

1524Cats
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 1524Cats on Jun 19, 11 5:30 PM
I have to agree with the other players. Pyramid Rising was way more sophsiticated. Oga Booga? Really? I love the concept, but what's the rush? Get different characters. The characters are the same as Pyramid Rising, even the names and the cat are the same. Either have no language or have English. OOga Booga is really insulting, not to mention super annoying. This game could have a lot of potential if you fix the characters. Also curious why you started with the pyramids and then went to cavemen. If you're going to do a series, wouldn't it have made more sense to start with the cavemen and end up with futuristic timebuilders?

[Post New]by silkykitty on Jun 19, 11 9:38 PM
I guess I'm wondering who exactly ooga-booga would insult? Maybe the guy that does the insurance commercials? LOL You know the one I'm talking about.... *It's so easy even a caveman could do it.*

[Post New]by andihpo on Jun 25, 11 10:09 AM
Regarding the "insulting" OOGA BOOGA! What do you suggest would be a more suitable phrase for cavemen to use?

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Jun 25, 11 10:34 AM
I just played the demo and will probably buy it, BUT I must agree that I liked Pyramid Rising ALOT better.........and I mean ALOT! The colors are kind of faded in this one and I do have it on the HD setting too......I really don't like the cavemen at all. I much prefer the muscle dudes in Pyramid Rising. The ooga booga didn't bother me so much, I just ignored it, lol. I got to level 11 in the demo and got gold all the way, so it's not too difficult, but it's something to play while waiting for something else. OR I could just upgrade RE like I keep saying I'm gonna do.......

Dream

Eta: After sitting on it for a night, I decided I really don't like this one enough to buy it after all. At least right now, anyway......not desperate enough yet, lol. It just didn't grab me the way Pyramid Rising, Royal Envoy or County Fair did. I even liked Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs better than this one. For me, this one is going to be on the backburner.........far back. I am one of the few I guess that didn't like this one, but I also didn't like Wonderburg at all and alot of people do. Maybe I'll try the demo on a different computer one day and see if I'll change my opinion on it.

Edited on 06/26/2011 at 4:40:10 AM PST

Go to: