Magnet

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Magnet

[Post New]by je_peche on Jun 16, 11 9:47 AM
Hey fishies:

I've been through the SG, have re-traced my steps...don't think I've missed anything but can't get the SECOND hotel basement H0 scene to open so I can get the magnet...the scene won't open. Any ideas??

:-) Pam

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Magnet

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jun 16, 11 10:32 AM
Same thing happened to me with magnet, and when I exited game to come here to find out if anyone else had the same problem I went back to game and it did not SAVE!!!
I am really upset right now.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Jun 16, 11 11:22 AM
SHOOT!! I just closed the game to see if it would help. lol

[Post New]by nursefree_spirit on Jun 16, 11 1:14 PM
Having the same problem. Had to start all over and, th e HOS still won't open am stuck right here. Anyone having better luck?

Edited on 06/16/2011 at 3:25:11 PM PST

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jun 16, 11 1:30 PM
Same thing happened to me after I exited out of game. When I went back in game had not saved where I left off. I wasn't far so I re-entered my name and played on. Got to museum and next task was to go to Hotel in basement to get magnet. No **** scene in basement so I exited out again to check forums and went to play again and you guessed it, I had to start all over again. I was too far in game to start all over so I
didn't. I posted in forums where you post tech issues and I did a Dr Felix report and sent it to Big Fish along with what was wrong with game on my end. I already bought game. I hope they fix issues for all of us.

[Post New]by jaynewhalen1 on Jun 17, 11 5:26 AM
oh dear ...think this may have happened to me i cant find the hog scene so came out to check forum.... dare not go back now incase ive lost all my progress ...wont be a happy bunny if i have omg

[Post New]by jaynewhalen1 on Jun 17, 11 5:35 AM
just checked not lost my progress but cant get the hog to appear still so i cant get any further ...any 1 else have this and find a solution ???

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 17, 11 11:09 AM
I just experience the same problem, no **** scene, where it should be, so no magnet. In addition to that, instead of the pyramid symbol coming out after placing the helmet, a wolf symbol appeared which can be inserted in the opening in the police station. But this is not helpful, as without magnet to get the swrewdriver the game cannot go on!

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Jun 17, 11 1:23 PM
I am going to try to uninstall and then do a reinstall to see if that helps. I also am going to see if I get the same problem on my laptop which has Windows 7 on it. I have found that some games will play on Windows 7 better than Vista. Will let you know how it goes.

canry
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Magnet

[Post New]by canry on Jun 18, 11 8:48 AM
I have the same problem too, can someone help pls ?

[Post New]by valroxxes on Jun 18, 11 11:03 AM
I have the same problem. HOS sreen won't open to get magnet. HELP!

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Jun 18, 11 4:32 PM
Same problem, only I don't have the golden helmet either. The SG says I should have it, but I have no idea where it is!!

[Post New]by nlanden on Jun 18, 11 8:10 PM
I also had the same problem but instead of the magnet it said get the beaker we pay a few dollars for these games it would be nice if they worked

[Post New]by nlanden on Jun 18, 11 8:11 PM
I also had the same problem but instead of the magnet it said get the beaker we pay a few dollars for these games it would be nice if they worked

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Jun 19, 11 1:53 AM
I got given this game as a gift, my poor friend can't stop apologising since it fails spectacularly. Like the other posters here, it's the pyramid/magnet problem.

Not sure if I can post a image here, but the link to a photobucket image that shows that the niche under the golden helmet is NOT the pyramid, but a wolf key that gives you the blue gem is here.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/anubischick/nopyramid.jpg

and since you don't have the pyramid, you don't trigger the Hog in the basement and can't go forward.

[Post New]by thirlallan on Jun 19, 11 3:42 PM
i also can't get the magnet . this is really frustating ! can anyone help ?l

[Post New]by Bleugeese on Jun 19, 11 5:23 PM
I also have trouble with this game...can't get to the HOG scene in the basement....Have uninstalled and reinstall twice and to no avail??????????

shreksma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by shreksma on Jun 19, 11 6:37 PM
First time playing this game-trial I got the crash/black screen. Then after writing to Big Fish they gave me advice on creating another playername. I did this and it worked, so I bought the game. Then.... you guessed it.... no magnet ! So I'm stumped again. I really don't want to start over a third time. These games should be thoroughly tested before they are offered for trial and sale. I'm rapidly loosing interest in Big Fish games.

[Post New]by jaynewhalen1 on Jun 20, 11 4:35 AM
i also cant get the hog to trigger i didnt get the pyramid i got a blue gem so i cant progress i have been intouch with the help team who have been really good they are aware of this problem with the magnet and are trying to sort this out ...hope they do soon x

Mishy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Mishy1 on Jun 20, 11 6:00 AM
I have the same problem with the magnet. This is the third time in three weeks that a Big Fish Hidden Object Game has had a problem of one sort or another that stops you carrying on with the game. Saying "go back to the beginning and start again" is just flipping insulting. I enjoy my games but I don't want to play the same one over again within hours of the first play. Are Big Fish releasing them too early before they've been properly tested? If they're not playable then they're not fit for the purpose that they've been sold. Big Fish ought to refund the money Collector Editions are nearly £11:00 which is not insignificant.

Go to: