cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 17 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jun 17, 11 12:07 AM
Any comments fishes?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Todays DD 17 June 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 17, 11 12:23 AM
i have almost all of the youda games and this is one that i have passed on oh-so-many times

i don't like the build of the game... like youda marina, everything is going on while you're trying to work... people show up at the gate to stay at your facility, but maybe you don't have available tents that they like... maybe you don't have adequate parking... maybe someone already staying there is complaining that you don't have enough lights and someone else wants a closer bathroom and someone else wants some entertainment... it's like some kind of crazy blend between build-a-lot and diner dash... run, run, run to take care of existing customers needs AND build, build, build to accommodate new folks...

just didn't care for it...

i want youda farmer 3: seasons to come to BFG! if i don't see it soon, i'm likely to go ahead and buy it from the developer

[Post New]by puffed_rice on Jun 17, 11 1:11 AM
I tried the trial earlier and after 15 minutes I think I had to do more important things - play with my . Not exactly something that grabbed my attention, as you can see. I tried and bought Youda Survivor & Youda Survivor 2 which was kinda cute.

Sorry but this one is a for me.

Also wanted to thank the Big Fish gang for putting these $2.99ers on DD . LOVE trying them all as I tend to avoid those with technical problems and junky reviews. Thanky fellow Fishies

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Jun 17, 11 7:52 AM
This is the third time this game has been a DD. Maybe BFG should take the hint that not many people like this game!

khendrick1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by khendrick1 on Jun 17, 11 8:31 AM
This was the DD on May 12th of this year. I know because I bought it then. I played it for an hour or two and haven't played it since. There just isn't enough to keep me entertained. Are we going to see this as a DD every month around the same time? I certainly hope not. It's not the best of the Youda games.

khendrick1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by khendrick1 on Jun 17, 11 8:32 AM
This was the DD on May 12th of this year. I know because I bought it then. I played it for an hour or two and haven't played it since. There just isn't enough to keep me entertained. Are we going to see this as a DD every month around the same time? I certainly hope not. It's not the best of the Youda games.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jun 17, 11 12:15 PM
Survivor01 hit the nail on the head as my daddy used to say. I tried this one before and gave up then and said it was the worst game I had seen and I see no reason to change my opinion now. I truly wish this was even a decent game but it is unplayable. Please BF do NOT offer it again. You are starting to offer some of these LOSERS over and over. QUIT

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Jun 17, 11 3:13 PM
I have had this game for quite a while, and have played it through completely at least two or three times. When compared to many of the available games out there, it really doesn't measure up, but I felt a need to defend it at least a bit.

Once you figure out the mechanics of the game, it is not only playable, it can be quite enjoyable as well. You need to build a campground, taking into account the needs and preferences of the various people who want to stay there. You aren't really penalized if a camper leaves without getting a campsite; it's just "lost" income. It's best to start slowly and offer only a few sites, and keep them maintained.

I ended up enjoying my second playthrough more than the first, simply because I knew what to expect as different types of campsites opened up, and made sure I didn't put senior right next to the teenagers, etc. I also just created a large "parking" area over in one corner, and added to it when necessary, instead of having people park right next to their tents. As far as the game is concerned, it doesn't make any difference.

For those who like very non-linear sim games, this should appeal. You have complete control over what you put in your campground, how you arrange it, etc. As a DD, it's certainly worth $3 US to me. I recommend giving it the complete hour demo before dismissing or buying, though - certainly it's not well-documented. and it can be hard to figure out what you're doing. A big key is to start small, pay close attention to the needs of your campers, and don't worry if a few drive away without staying.

I'd give this about a 3.5/5 rating, overall.

Happy gaming!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 18, 11 11:46 PM
youda gotta b crazy to even think to want to buy this game!
played or tried to play...what a mess...confused and flustrated it took 30 minutes of my time to get that 'exit' feeling...which would have been less painless to pull my hair out!...it is a

have youda farmer...luv it!

Go to: