silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

CHILD SACRIFICE?!?!?

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jun 17, 11 9:34 AM
I was rather shocked to see child sacrifice in a game without a warning that it contained something so objectionable. I think that something so offensive does not have a place in a casual game. JMNSHO

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

CHILD SACRIFICE?!?!?

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jun 17, 11 9:40 AM
silverfiesta wrote:I was rather shocked to see child sacrifice in a game without a warning that it contained something so objectionable. I think that something so offensive does not have a place in a casual game. JMNSHO

It's important to note that the Child Sacrifice isn't part of the local tribe's practices--it's something the european villain has decided to do, based on his interpretation of some ancient scroll.

And for those who want to know if he succeeds before playing further, mouse over the spoiler text below:

The children are rescued successfully.

Robin

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:CHILD SACRIFICE?!?!?

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 17, 11 10:52 AM
Not just child sacrifice, but human sacrifice. I played the beta, and I think it's a really good game, with the objects of the sacrifices adding tension and urgency to the play. I mean, you really are motivated to rescue them!

Jacques is truly an evil villain, and it is fun to thwart him.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:CHILD SACRIFICE?!?!?

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jun 17, 11 11:04 AM
Thanx, Robin - I was really mortified by that - it just seemed too gruesome for words.

Go to: