nufsober
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

top Ten solitaire won't play on my new computer.

[Post New]by nufsober on Jun 17, 11 2:43 PM
Hi! I love top ten solitaire, however, it won't work on my new desk top computer. Is it because my computer runs windows 7? My old computer was windows xl. Please, I love that group of games!! No solitaire games I've tried since has been like that group! Help! When i download, when I start the program, theres a " Direct Player Error. Script error. Continue? " When I pres yes, it goes to the world listing page and stops! What gives? I was on windows XP, and no problem. All my other games will play on my windows 7 computer but that one!

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 3:57:01 PM PST

Re:top Ten solitaire won't play on my new computer.

[Post New]by Cigydd on Jul 14, 11 8:56 AM
I have never made Top Ten Solitaire to run, running on two computers, Windows XP and Windows 7:

---------------------------
A Fatal Error has occurred. Click OK to Quit.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Hry\Big Fish\Top Ten Solitaire\Top Ten Solitaire.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Any clues?

luckiesub
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by luckiesub on Aug 14, 11 12:42 PM
will not run on my window7 eighter what should i do paid for it already

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Aug 14, 11 12:46 PM
luckiesub wrote:will not run on my window7 eighter what should i do paid for it already

Contact Customer Service either by email via the little green envelope on the right or if you are a game club member you can use Live Chat tomorrow after noon Seattle time,and they will give you a free game coupon to replace it.

top Ten solitaire won't play on my new computer.

[Post New]by globallyn on Aug 18, 11 7:21 AM
nufsober wrote:Hi! I love top ten solitaire, however, it won't work on my new desk top computer. Is it because my computer runs windows 7? My old computer was windows xl. Please, I love that group of games!! No solitaire games I've tried since has been like that group! Help! When i download, when I start the program, theres a " Direct Player Error. Script error. Continue? " When I pres yes, it goes to the world listing page and stops! What gives? I was on windows XP, and no problem. All my other games will play on my windows 7 computer but that one!

[Post New]by globallyn on Aug 18, 11 7:26 AM
So, has anyone actually managed to play top ten solitaire because I can't get it to run either.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,637 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 18, 11 9:19 AM
I think you need the older versions of C++ and DirectX (9 in this case) to be installed and running in parallel.

clhp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by clhp on Nov 29, 11 5:54 AM
It won't play on my Windows 7 either. I bought this game in 2007, when I had an XP & can't play it any more. On a Big Fish page, under Top Ten Solitaire, the language was in German. It said that the game was Windows 7 compatible. On the page in English, it's not. I tried to download the German one, & all I got was an error. This is a shame. Bought a game years ago, & now I can't play it.

[Post New]by virogo4 on Dec 18, 11 9:24 AM
Hi there this will not play on my laptop either .Please tell me what I need to do to get it working...Having solitaire withdrawls.LOL

[Post New]by faithh1964 on Dec 19, 11 2:02 PM
I had this game years ago. It is the best solitaire game ever. It works on win 98, ME and XP but not on Win Vista or 7.
I really hope the developers make it so we can play. It's a brilliant game.

[Post New]by misspiggythe1st on Aug 13, 12 3:38 AM
I was having the script error and global scores problems. I downloaded the 60 min free trial under using a different e-mail address, played a couple of games to make sure it was working properly, logged in to my normal account and was able to download the full game from there. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by crypticpat on Aug 23, 12 4:10 AM
Playing fine for me on Windows 7 on both my desktop and my laptop. So Windows 7 is not the problem

Re:top Ten solitaire won't play on my new computer. help.

[Post New]by deaconess on Sep 16, 12 1:01 PM
help deaconess

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Oct 10, 12 5:04 AM
Hi deaconess,

I'm sorry to see you are having trouble with your game!

If you could let us know a little more about what the issue is, we will be sure to provide some help!

Alternatively, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they will be more than happy to provide some assistance.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by wrap321 on Apr 25, 13 7:03 PM
If you still have your old pc with top ten solitaire on it then fire it up and go to search and find top ten icon. There are many but the faded one with approx 6990 kb is the one I used. Insert flash drive and move icon to the drive, Insert into new pc and drag icon to desktop. Click to make sure you have the right one. Remove flash drive - right click icon go to properties and click on compatability. click on run in compatability mode ( [compatability mode tab did not appear on new download on my windows 8 thats why I took this approach ).On the drop down pick the windows icon applicable ,.I used xp service pack 3.
The game now works with no problems.
Hope this helps guys

[Post New]by Victoria9434 on Dec 30, 13 1:14 AM
I have had this problem with Top Ten Solitaire for along time. I deleted and tried and it ran great with a new computer. Now, with the same computer it doesn't save my score and it won't allow me to play a new hand.

I also love this game and cannot find anything like it. I have to change the name and number to be able to play another hand...but again, it doesn't save the score. What a shame, I have windows 8 and wish I had the old windows running again just because of this game. To bad this can't be fixed....Thank you all Victoria

Go to: