Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by redwood23spooky on Jul 30, 17 9:19 PM
I seem to be having a bug with the bolt cutters for the red mine. I have them yet when I try to use them it just keeps saying. 'oops that is not right' or 'wrong key'. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I keep clicking everywhere on the cart yet it is not working. Edit: Ok I am going by the guide to the mini scenes yet when I try to do what it say's it still won't work. Someone please help me.

Edited on 07/30/2017 at 9:48:00 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 31, 17 4:45 PM
Hello redwood23spooky,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like there is trouble using the bolt cutters to release the mine cart for the mini scene in the red mine. I'm sorry to hear this is happening and it appears that my first suggestion of checking out the mini-scene guide posted by our players in the forums was unable to help out.

Just in case, I'm including the link to that guide here for players looking for help unlocking mini-scenes in the game:

Guide to Opening Mini-Scenes

Since it appears that dragging the bolt cutters over the chains' padlock is only giving the 'wrong key' message or doesn't seem to help, what I recommend is seeing if there is something blocking the game from progressing smoothly. Usually, when an issue like this occurs, it means that there is a permissions problem stopping the game from continuing. Giving the game permissions by running it as an Administrator can usually resolve issues such as this, and if you'd like to try that, here's an article on how to do so:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by redwood23spooky on Aug 1, 17 8:16 AM
Ok now I am unable to even get on the game, I went to the form that said to uninstall it then reinstall it but when I try that it say's that the game is running but it's not. Did I do something wrong again when I tryed to run the game as an Administrator?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 1, 17 10:51 AM
Hi redwood23spooky,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting into the game. It may be helpful to restart your computer so that any applications in the background are completely closed. If you continue to have the error messages appear, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with screenshots of what is being displayed. This will help the Support Team provide personalized troubleshooting. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page on how to take a screenshot:

Taking A Screenshot

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by redwood23spooky on Aug 1, 17 12:50 PM
Thanks for the help, I am reinstaling it right now when I make this post, but if it dose not work again I will edit this post to say what is wrong next. But once again thank you for the help.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 7, 17 11:33 AM
Hello again redwood23spooky,

I hope that reinstalling the game worked out for you, and if you continue to have issues, don't hesitate to edit your post as you've mentioned to note that. I also want to recommend contacting our Customer Support Team with a screenshot of any errors you are experiencing. That'll help our Reps follow up with you to continue helping out.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that the game is running well! If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by KachinaEarth on Sep 7, 17 7:17 PM
Hi! So the game has been working perfectly fine until last few days. The daily quest is no longer showing up and now I've lost the daily bonus as well.

I wanted to ask what to do before doing anything for fear of losing everything I've accumulated so far. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 8, 17 1:20 PM
Hi KachinaEarth,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to see the daily quest in your game for the last few days. It is recommended to ensure that your video card driver is current and running the game as an administrator. Both of these sets of troubleshooting steps will help provide the necessary permissions and resources for the game to run as it should. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help pages for these steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team is always happy to help with the tools they possess.

Thank you for your patience. Please contact any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by cmjs00 on Nov 27, 17 9:48 PM
My Hardware Store has been upgraded to level 5 and it was ok I then went on to customise it and find that it is no longer in the assigned plot area, it has totally disappeared. Has anyone else encountered this problem ?

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Nov 28, 17 4:36 AM
It is a known problem.
If you customize it to yellow after Pirate's Day, it disappears.
It will reappear when the snow starts to fall (in the game).

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 29, 17 1:08 PM
Hello cmjs00,

Thank you for taking the time to surface that issue. As Dirk_Tee has said, this is an issue that has persisted despite troubleshooting and may require an update to resolve. This means that this issue might affect players and I'm glad that Dirk_Tee was able to assist with describing that more. For more information about updates on this game, please see our announcement regarding updates to the game below:

An important announcement regarding Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - May 18, 2015

Because of this decision, persistent issues like this may affect players while the game is being played. Unless the above decision is changed, there may be little we can do to resolve the issue. For players who would like to have more information regarding what might be encountered or experienced while playing as well as workarounds for some issues, I recommend seeing the resources below that players have compiled to help fellow players out:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by SnowLeopards on Dec 27, 17 7:58 PM
I have been playing ART, Awakening Kingdoms and Midnight castle all fairly ok with exception of the game saying there is no internet connection periodically, before reconnecting, their is no issue with the internet connection as can use it on other devices and pc while it is supposed to be out, anyway this isn't the issue.

The issue today is, that after no problems with display, I came online yesterday evening (UK time 27th December) and two games ART and AW load up to a black screen, with sound working.
I have tried the display setting changes suggested, run as admin etc and still can't get the first two games to display on full load up as anything but a blank/black screen (Midnight castle works perfectly as did day before) if I press the widows key on my keyboard it minimalises the game to the task bar along the bottom, where upon running the mouse over it, displays a smll thumbnail of the game with full display showing, I click game it lauches in a window at first, still showing the display, however once it switches to full screen boomph! its blank/black again.

Any suggestions? thanks

[Post New]by SnowLeopards on Dec 27, 17 8:40 PM
I have got game running (playable --just) in a window via pressing alt key and enter together. but its small and not ideal. so maybe the fact I can play it in a window, means someone can help solve why it goes to a black/blank screen (no curser visible) in a full screen, all of a sudden, after playing in a full screen perfectly ok until came to play it on the 27th dec? Thanks.

My drivers checked and were upto date/latest running.

Edited on 12/29/2017 at 8:03:58 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 29, 17 12:57 PM
Hello SnowLeopards,

I'm sorry to hear that the game seems to be displaying as a black screen in full screen mode. I'm unsure why this may be happening with the information that has been provided, and it sounds like our usual suggestions may have already been tried.

If you've already tried checking your drivers and it appears everything is up to date, I recommend contacting our Customer Support Team so our Reps can assist further should there be any purchases you are unable to utilize now. They will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Be sure to explain what has occurred, including any recent changes that were made to the computer, such as a Windows Update or updates made to other software or hardware when this started to occur. Our Reps may have further troubleshooting steps they can provide, but will need information to ensure that those suggestions would help, so be sure to be specific with what has occurred so they have the most information available to assist.

Thank you for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by barksatthemoon on Dec 30, 17 6:24 AM
I have been trying for more than 2 years to get the last 2 map pieces from Teodi's. Is there some way you can update my game & just give them to me? I'd really like to continue this game, but I'm ready to give up.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 5, 18 5:51 PM
Hello barksatthemoon,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been trouble with those map pieces. I wish there was a way that we could provide in-game assistance such as to provide items or to help with a player's progress, however our teams were not provided the tools necessary for us to provide this service for our players. I apologize for the inconvenience.

While I don't know exactly how to retrieve those pieces, I do know that players in the past were able to assist one another with this. I recommend seeing if the following thread is able to assist with this particular drop:

Teodi's official grid from Boomzap

After reading a bit more about these items, it also sounds like they're not a guaranteed drop, so I can definitely understand the frustration of trying to retrieve those items after 2 years. I hope that the above thread is able to help out. If you're unable to continue, we can definitely do our best to assist in any way we can. In those cases, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with the title of the game, a description of what is happening, and what you would like to have done. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that is able to help out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by kime0320 on Jan 31, 18 8:55 PM
I have quest that cant be finished because you are require to find objects that are not given in the cities.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 2, 18 4:24 PM
Hello kime0320,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response and welcome to the forums. It sounds like there is trouble with some items or a quest being completed. My first recommendation is to see if other players are able to assist by searching this game's forum for further information. To help with that, the following thread of helpful threads may be able to help out:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

Players may have workarounds or hints or tips for a variety of situations that can be encountered in this game. If that doesn't seem to help, creating a conversation to discuss with other players what seems to be missing could provide more insight into whether there is a technical issue at work, or if there are other steps or things to try to continue progressing.

In any case, if you find you need further help, or that there seems to be a technical issue stopping play, please contact our Technical Support Team with the title of the game and what is occurring. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Mar 6, 18 10:43 AM
Can anyone help me or explain to me what to do with the following problems/questions I have with the game.
I have created an account to be able to play across computer, when I did that I played the game and completed 2 quests, when I went back into the game the next day two of the quests are still showing for me to do, what can I do? As for the one quests you had to do other quests to do this one and can't do that.

After finishing either a location or a quest it showed I had opened another map location and that location was Italy, but I can't find it, how can I find it or where do I find it? I realize this is American Dreamin and I though it was peculiar to get another countries location as a map location.

When we go to the stores and click on fix it shows level so/so, does that mean that is the level we are on? Asking because I have had a couple of quests that say upgrade to level whatever and when I go that store it already shows that number but to do the quest I have to upgrade, can someone explain and help with this?

Also was told there is no longer any upgrades to this game and to come here for the answers I need, so I hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 9, 18 4:49 AM
mistybear, I'll try to help you with your questions but may need more info. Regarding the quests...when you completed the quests did you accept the reward? And if not, can you just do the quests again when they reappeared the next day? ART seems to be more sensitive with connecting to the BFG server so, before closing your game, see if you can open your collections, or friends, or messages. If you can open one of these without receiving a "no connection" message, close the game. This will ensure that your progress is saved.

The map for the countries is not visible. You must use the plane on the bottom left of the screen to fly to them. If you do not have the plane yet, you will have to complete the series of quests for fixing it.

There are 5 "levels" or upgrades to each building, which is different from your playing level. Is the quest on the building still flashing?

I hope you can use some of this info provided. Welcome to the forum. If you need more help, come on down to the main part of the forum by clicking "Create New Discussion", give it a subject and post a question. The Technical thread is so large and most players don't look up here to offer help. We are a friendly bunch as long as we can find you

Go to: