Ready for the special room

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 28, 18 6:00 AM
OK! Here is my ‘cunning plan’.

I place my finger over where we are at the moment – the Tea Room and then where, according to the mass of intelligence I have manged to filter from all of the others, I think that Grim is incarcerated.

“We need to get to Cloud City, and above ground is not an option.

“There are too many perils both known and unknown awaiting us and also the distractions of all of these pesky Spring eggs being zapped by carrots, missing them and zapping us!

“If one of those carrots should accidentally hit us in a delicate spot, we ourselves will be incarcerated!

“So the tunnels are our route.

“Now we all know that these are just as perilous, especially as so many of them seem not to have been secured.

“That was the job that Cap’n Bob had mentioned before he was whisked off to the other Realm.

“But we do have his ideas and we do have the equipment that Roo has ‘cobbled together’

“Having seen the gouge marks on the ceiling and some of the walls in the tunnel that I just came from, there must be foul creatures lurking in these”

I draw using a colored pencil on the map of the tunnels of the route that we took.

It shows that, if typical, then ALL of our much used routes are suspect or even hazardous.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 28, 18 6:04 AM
But there are a myriad of other interconnecting tunnels including many that will get us to Cloud City.

There is one snag though!

They are all too small for us humans to pass through. They are useful for the gnomes with their smaller stature but not us.

Our animals are OK as they too are smaller and in fact Cash and Wickerbat are beside themselves as they sense that we are off to find their beloved mistress.

How to solve this conundrum?

I turn to Roo and Amethyst:
“Have you found any potion or spell in your musing of the library contents that can reduce the size of humans?”

If the Gnomes can do this, as we have seen when Seeker changed her size, then surely we can too.

It is then that Breeze tells me that her ghost protector has just sent a message off to my Fairy Godmother for any help she can give.

This is fortuitous as it was she who introduced the Gnomes to us in the first place. She MUST have some ideas.

If not then Roo is marvelous at getting together what is needed for a reduction in size.

Perhaps!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 28, 18 6:55 AM
I look at PTG & say “ I can think of two possibilities,somewhere in the depths of my head,I recall in the past a Fairy Godmother changing mice into humans.Perhaps your fairy godmother has the ability to turn us into mice,we would be almost unnoticed in the tunnels.
The other possibility would require you all to summon up enough courage to trust me with this task.

Suddenly I notice a deafening silence in the Tea Room.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 28, 18 10:00 AM
I have been quite busy with dodging flying eggs of all sorts (and trying to snag a few for my new collection ) ..... BUT, I had some time to bake some chocolate chip cookies and invite the Genie over for a small "meeting of the minds" ..... He suggested that since Alice had a "drink me potion" to shrink her, that perhaps we could come up with something similar.

Now that I have secured the Alice avatar, I have also asked her for some suggestions/insight. She suggested using a "tablet" instead of a potion because some of the residents of the Special Room are prone to "imbibing" on occasion and they may mix up the potion and their "brew." ........

Now that the tablets are made, I gather them all into a small pouch and fly off to the kitchen behind the Tea Room where my Godson is holding a "powwow" with his cohorts.

Buzzzzzzz, Buzzzzzzzz......... (next to PTG's ear)..... and don't you dare swat at me!!!!!! You will cause me to drop my pouch and that will not bode well for any here.

Hello, dearie.......I'm glad to see you have fully recovered from your illness and are looking like your spiffy self...... One of my pigeon scouts advised me that you need to be smaller (for a journey to a place "not for humans").

Inside this pouch that I now give to you, are tablets that will shrink each of you to a size of about 8 inches --- there is NO way we had time to teach everyone Seeker's special cough spell, so this is our only alternative. And, trust me on this one.....this will be a "bitter pill to swallow" ...... it will NOT be a pleasant taste, but it is unavoidable because of some of the ingredients.

Oh, and the size alteration will ONLY LAST FOR 8 HOURS so once you take them, you will want to be out of the tunnels before they wear off ...... otherwise, you may just get a bit stuck!

There are additional tablets in the pouch (to shrink again for your return and in case you or one of your friends happens to have their "shrink" wear off.) We had no time to tailor a tablet to the size of each of your friends, so there is no guarantee that it will last a full 8 hours for everyone. ..........and I do suggest you give 2 tablets to Grim when you find her (they react a bit less on rabbits). ---- and she will NOT thank you for making her swallow 2 of those so be prepared for her wrath.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 28, 18 4:20 PM
AGAIN I MOVE MY CHARGES, GO TO THE KITCHEN, WHISPER SORRY, THE PETS NEED WATER, THEY ARE THIRSTY, OR THEY CAN NOT CONTINUE.

I THEN SAW PTG'S GODMOTHER WAS THERE. AND ASKED QUIETLY DO THEY NEED TO CONTINUE. IF SO I MUST GET THEM SOME WATER. THOSE STILL OUTSIDE ARE ABLE TO GET WATER IF THEY NEED IT. I HAD NOTICES SOME DECLINE IN THE NOISE LEVEL FROM TIME TO TIME.

I GOT TWO LARGE BOWLS OF WATER AND WENT BACK TO THE TEA ROOM.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 29, 18 4:36 AM
So now I have two solutions to our problem of sizing us to fit into these small tunnels.

One is proposed by my Fairy Godmother and a second, details as yet unknown, by Roo.

I quietly ask Roo:
“Do you think that downsizing us using the tablets is a better deal for us? "

Roo stays silent and is obviously weighing up the pros and cons.

She then shrugs and says:
“I am a bit concerned about being used as snacks in our diminutive state but if we speak sternly to our pets I am sure that they will understand?"

So she agrees with Plan A!

“We have Charlie to look after them until we return so they won’t get lonely and come searching for us.

“I need to test the tablets on someone first to see if they work.
“Any volunteers?”

A deafening silence permeates the room which is only broken by our howling pets’ just outside!

“OK then. Here is the map and here is the route we should take to get to the Cloud City.

“Look at it carefully (ie 'RMLAID') = read, mark, learn and inwardly digest ) and Roo, can you mark our route in the tunnels as we go along them please.

“I don’t want to get lost!

“I will tuck Cash and Wickerbat in my coat and release them when we get there.

“If Grim is where I think she will be they will ‘ferret’ her out!

“Charlie, as soon as you see us disappear, please thank and cuddle all the pets and give them all treats for the splendid job they have done!

“So I will take the first tablet and we will each carry a spare, just in case.
“Here goes!”

Many enlarged pairs of eyes watch me as I crunch down on the bitter black pastille.

I feel quite funny and soon appear to be looking directly at someone’s shoes!

Success!

And now my ‘daring do partners’, it is time for you to follow suit!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 29, 18 5:06 AM
One minute PTG was in front of me,the next he had almost disappeared.I felt a sharp stabbing pain near my ankle,looked down & there he was prodding me with his broom.I lift my foot to stop him & hear a piercing scream...Nooooo... Realising I could flatten him at moment I very gently place my foot back on the floor.
“Ok ladies,no time to waste,first stand very still & swallow the pill on 3.When the tablet takes effect hide under PTG’s table before you get squished by some passing citizen with clown feet”

I double check that everything I need is in my pockets as I’m not sure if my bag will also reduce in size.hoping it will I grab hold of it in one hand & a tablet in the other.
1..2..3 Go.”

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 29, 18 5:18 AM
My ghostly protector then decided to speak.

"Neither Breeze nor I will need to use the tablets. In our ghostly forms, we will be able to pass through the tunnels. You might need someone who can become full sized."

I walked over to the door to the Tea Room and peaked inside. Big Kitty was beside Charlie's chair, receiving some loving. She glanced up at the door as if she knew I was there. I nodded to her and pointed to Charlie. She nodded back.

"Big Kitty will stay here to protect Charlie."

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 29, 18 11:48 AM
Ros soon finds the entrance to the tunnel that we are looking for at the back of the kitchen stove.

If only Mrs Fletcher could realize just how easily those small gnomes could access her pantry!

Anyway, in we go and are immediately plunged into darkness!

Fortunately the ever resourceful Angel has a thingamajig gadget which can give out a beam of light.

As we descend in the tunnel Ros marks the way we travel at every junction. 'xxx'

But it soon becomes obvious to us all that what seemed to be a simple and short journey from the plans is anything but!

The distance we wish to go for is now epic due to our small sizes.

I know we are safe as Breeze reassures us all that her hidden friends are keeping a look out for any trouble.

But we do have a long way to travel.

Fortunately I still have my magical broom and I get it to alter into its charabanc form.

Voila!

To my amazement my broom has actually remembered the route from the plan and in ‘no time at all’ we are ensconced in the basket of the Cloud City Flying Boat.

Time to reconnoiter!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 29, 18 12:19 PM
I WAIT FOR ABOUT 5 MIN. THEN MOVE THE ANIMALS FROM MY LAP. STAND AND TELL NOSE. GOOD JOB. NOW LET US SEE WHAT THERE IS FOR TREATS FOR EVERY ONE. I LOOKED AD BIG KITTY. YOU TO MY FRIEND. I OPENED MY AMULET TO TO PETS OUTSIDE. "YOU BE QUIT NOW, I WILL COME TO TEND TO YOU." ALL OF A SUDDEN IT WAS SO QUIET I THOUGHT I HAD GONE DEAF.

CLOSED THE AMULET AND WENT TO THE KITCHEN. MRS. FLETCHER WAS BUSTLING AROUND.

"EXCUSE ME, MRS FLETCHER PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I CAN GET TREATS FOR THIS MOB OF PETS SO THEY WILL STAY QUIET." AND WINK AT HER SHE SHOWS ME WHERE SHE KEEPS THE TREATS FOR PETS. OH, I ALSO NEED A TREAT FOR BIG KITTY, SHE LOOK BEHIND ME AT BIG KITTY,

DON'T WORRY SHE DOES NOT BITE FRIENDS. SHE IS A SOFTY AND LOVES TO BE SCRATCHED BEHIND THE EARS. A PETTED JUST LIKE HER SMALL COUSINS.

MRS. FLETCHER LOOKS IN THE FRIG. GETS A STEAK SHE HAD SAVED FOR THE CAP. SINCE HE WAS NOT HERE AND WE DID NOT KNOW WHEN HE WOULD BE BACK SHE PUT IT ON A PLATE FOR BIG KITTY.

I TOOK THE TREATS TO THE TEA ROOM. GIVING EACH ANIMAL A TREAT AND CUDDLES AND SCRATCHES.

AFTER I FINISHED THE LAST ONE I SAID I THINK IT IS TIME FOR ALL OF YOU TO GO BACK TO THE PET COMPOUND. HAVE A NAP OR PLAY.

I MUST SEE TO EVERYONE THERE, THEY MUST NEED TREAT OR FED THEY OR THEY WOULD NOT HAVE MADE SO MUCH NOISE.

I SMILED TO MYSELF. {SURE, RIGHT}

I ASKED SAM TO LOOK AFTER THE STILL SLEEPING KITTEN-ERMINE. THAT ANIMAL SLEPT THROUGH ALL THAT NOISE.

I LEFT TAKING EVERYONE WITH ME.

I FED, GAVE TREATS, SCRATCHES, PETS, RUBS TO EVERYONE.

LORD THAT WAS A BIG JOB. BABY AND ELLIE TOOK MORE TIME THAN THE REST. SINCE THEY ARE STILL VERY YOUNG.

IT MUST HAVE TAKEN OVER AN HOUR TO SEE TO EVERYONE, MAKING SURE THEY HAD FOOD. THE WATER BOWLS AND TROUGHS WERE FILLED.

TIRED AND HUNGRY I WENT BACK TO THE TEA ROOM THEN THE KITCHEN.

I COLLAPSED INTO A CHAIR, MRS. FLETCHER SET A CUP OF TEA IN FRONT OF ME. I THANKED HER SIPPED AT MY TEA, NOT MY FIRST CHOICE OF SOMETHING TO DRINK BUT IT WOULD DUE. MY STOMACH GRUMBLED LOUDLY, "SORRY" I SAID. IN A MOMENT SHE SET A SANDWICH IN FRONT OF ME. "THANK YOU" I TOLD HER. SHE WENT BACK TO WHAT SHE WAS DOING. BIG KITTY WAS UNDER THE TABLE DOING WHAT SHE WAS TOLD TO DO WATCHING OUT FOR ME.

I ATE IN SILENCE, I FINISHED THE TEA AND SANDWICH. TOOK THE PLATE AND CUP TO THE SINK AND WASHED THEM AND SET THEM TO THE SIDE TO DRY. AND WENT BACK TO THE TEA ROOM.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 29, 18 12:43 PM
SOME OF THE PETS, NONE OF MINE HAD COME BACK TO THE TEA ROOM, THE CATS WERE PLAYING WITH SOME OF THE SNOWMEN CAT TOYS. THE DOGS WERE CURLED UP IN DIFFERENT SPOTS SNOOZING ALL WAITING FOR THEIR OWNER FRIENDS TO RETURN.

I PICKED UP KITTEN ERMINE AND WAITED FOR SAM TO LET ME SIT IN THE ROCKER.

SAM I THOUGHT TO HIM, YOU MUST GO AND TELL ANNA WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH PTG AND CREW. I WAS MAKING PICTURES IN MY HEAD SO SAM COULD SHOW ANNA. THEM BEING BIG THEN TAKING THE PILLS AND BEING VERY SMALL. THEN THEM IN THE TUNNELS. THEN IN CLOUD CITY.

TOLD ASKED SAM IF HE HAD THE IMAGES. HE LOOKED AT ME , NODDED TURNED AND DISAPPEARED. I HOPE ANNA SENDS HIM BACK SO I CAN CONTINUE GETTING HER INFORMATION FROM HERE.

I STARTED TO ROCK, THEN NODDED OFF.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 31, 18 3:44 PM
PTG and his teammates have arrived at the Flying Boat as I expected him to do.

Unfortunately, I have been called away on business, so I instructed the gentleman in the Flying Boat to please have a warm meal ready for them when they arrived.......

Sigh.....before I left, I instructed the pigeons to leave the "little ones" alone ....BUT, I forgot to tell the old gentleman that my guests would be small in size......so, he has prepared a rather larger than necessary feast!

Oh, well, perhaps he can invite over the gnomes and the Genie when they have finished their meal so the left overs will not go to waste.

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 31, 18 6:40 PM
When the animals came in, Cash, Wickerbat and Buddy came looking for me. After some scratches and loving, I sent Buddy to be with the other animals knowing he would be fine. Cash and Wickerbat climbed to my shoulders to observe and listen to the plan. I could feel them shaking in excitement over the planning.

Once the plan was laid out and the solution of our size problem was handled, I asked my furry friends to move to the floor and accepted my shrinking pill. Before taking it, I took a peak at Buddy. He was happily howling and playing. I turned, took the pill and headed for the table.

I suddenly found myself dealing with ferret teeth, but it wasn’t what I thought at first. Wickerbat picked me up and put me on Cash’s back. They said together that it was their turn to take care of me. Taking fistfuls of fur, I held on as we all left through the tunnel. It was fun riding on Cash’s back but it got really interesting when we all got scooped up by the broom and it quickly flew us to Cloud City.

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Mar 31, 18 7:22 PM
Chris Arwin does not return.

This in itself does not bother me, but it does seem odd after he has gone to such effort -- twice, now -- to get my attention.

The picnic tables and barbecue grill intrigue me, stuck out here in the middle of nowhere. Thorough scrutiny reveals nothing. I scuff through the balding gravel patch. Nothing.

I sit on a table and observe the local universum in the vicinity. There…. an unnatural thickening, where too many layers have been carelessly ruched together. The fur on the back of my neck rises.

Deliberately, I turn in another direction. "Oh, look!" I say aloud. "I can see the airship from here!" It's the egg-shaped airship. I can't tell whether it is coming from the Castle fully laden, or on its empty return trip. Still, I leap off the table and head its direction.

I hear the soap-bubble pop of an aperture opening behind me. My ear twitches, but I don't turn around, just put my head down and pour on the speed.

Hiding in the local universum isn't going to work. I need a tunnel, and I don't think I'm going to find one in time.

Edited on 04/01/2018 at 5:02:58 AM PST

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Apr 2, 18 6:20 PM
You know a year has passed when the ferrets return to celebrate National Ferret Day. That’s right folks, that is today and every ferret in the land has come out to party in its own way. They have invaded every space indoors and outdoors here in the MC world.

Cash and Wickerbat were not immune to the call and took me with them on a mini vacation from the rest of the group. We made our escape from the basket easily and in no time, we were off the flying boat and joining the other ferrets in Cloud City.

I had to remind them that I would return to normal size in a a matter of hours. Wickerbat had that covered already as he pilfered a bag of shrinking pills from the table before we left and when I wasn’t watching him. It was interesting to see the sights from their height. What was most amusing was seeing the other ferrets wreak havoc rolling barrels, stealing bits of food and picking pockets.

We even got in on the fun. The two rascals got in on a barrel rolling contest and beat the other ferret teams then we all got drunk drinking from a leaking barrel. I have to admit, that was the best booze I have ever had. Next, we found a feast and snuck around the table helping ourselves to the food. We narrowly escaped being caught and there was no telling what would have happened if we had been.

While Cash and I went to find a place to rest so we could decide where to party next, Wickerbat did a disappearing act. It wasn’t long before there was some yelling about a thief and he came running with a wallet in his mouth and dodging human hands. Cash and I hid and watched the amusing scene as I took a shrinking pill. If I had waited longer, my fun would be over and I would have had a squished ferret to deal with. Eventually, the wallet was dropped and Wickerbat headed for cover. We all laughed our heads off afterwards at the merry chase. Wickerbat had that man running in circles an tripping over his own feet before it was over.

As night approached, we knew it was time for me to return to the others so we made our way to the flying boat and they dropped me off, left the remaining pills with me and took off to revel the rest of the night away. Naturally, they promised to return in the morning before they left.

Edited on 04/02/2018 at 7:10:20 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 2, 18 10:46 PM
I WAS ROCKING KITTEN-ERMINE. WHO WAS NOW AWAKE BUT SEEMED TO ENJOY THE ATTENTION OF BEING ROCKED AND PETTED. SHE DID NOT SEEM TO SENSE SAM WHO WAS STILL CURLED UP BESIDE HER.

ALL OF A SUDDEN I HEARD A THUMP IN THE KITCHEN, THEN MRS FLETCHER CAME INTO THE TEA ROOM WITH A CARPET BAG. WALKED TO THE DOOR, OPENED IT AND LEFT.

WHAT THE? I SAT THE ANIMALS IN THE CHAIR AND WENT TO THE DOOR. OPENED IT JUST ENOUGH TO LOOK OUT. I SAW MRS. FLETCHER GO TO THE CORNER THAT LEAD TO CASTLE ENTRY AND TURN AND SHE WAS GONE. NOT A WORD, JUST GONE.

IT WAS THEN I NOTICED THE SIGN SHE HAD HUNG ON THE TEA ROOM DOOR.
CLOSED TILL FURTHER NOTICE. I CLOSED THE DOOR. AND LOCKED IT SO NO ONE COULD GET IN. I FIGURED PTG AND THE OTHERS WOULD COME BACK THE WAY THEY LEFT.

IT WAS GETTING LATE SO IFIGURED I SHOULD CHECK ON THE ANIMALS IN THE ENCLOSURE. MAKE SURE THEY HAD FOOD AND WATER FOR THE NIGHT.

I KNEW I COULD NOT CONTACT PTG FROM THE TEA ROOM. IT WAS BUGGED OR SOMETHING. SO I TOLD SAM TO STAY WITH KITTEN-ERMINE. BUT COME GET ME IF THERE WAS A PROBLEM.

THEN TO BIG KITTY. I NEED TO GO LOOK AFTER EVERYONES ANIMALS AND MINE. WOULD YOU LIKE TO COME.

I THINK BABY AND ELLIE WILL LIKE YOU. I SLIPPED OUT THE DOOR WITH BIG KITTY AND PROCEEDED TO THE ENCLOSURE.

ABOUT HALFWAY THERE I SLOWED TO A SNAILS PACE. OPENED MY AMULET AND WHISPERED INTO IT. PTG I HOPE YOU CAN HEAR ME. I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ANY LOUDER, THE LOCALS MIGHT THINK I NEED TO BE LOCKED UP.

MRS. FLETCHER LEFT, JUST LEFT. NOT A WORD. PACKED HER BAG AND LEFT.

I AM GOING TO SEE TO THE ANIMALS IN THE ENCLOSURE THEN GO BACK TO THE TEA ROOM. I WILL LOCK MYSELF IN. BIG KITTY IS WITH ME.

PLEASE HURRY AND FIND GRIM AND COME BACK. I PROMISE I WILL NOT USE THE STOVE I KNOW I AM NOT SAFE AROUND IT. DON'T SEE WELL AND HAVE A BUM RIGHT ARM. BUT THE PANTRY AND FRIG I WILL PLUNDER.

I WILL BE IN THE ENCLOSURE FOR SOME TIME. THERE ARE LOTS OF ANIMALS TO SEE TO. THEY ALL WILL WANT PETTED AND SCRATCHED. OR BRUSHED. PLUS THEY NEED FED AND WATERED.

WILL CLOSE MY AMULET BEFORE I GET BACK TO THE TEA ROOM IF YOU NEED ANYTHING.

OH, COME BACK THE WAY YOU LEFT. THE DOOR WILL BE LOCKED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHO HAS KEYS TO IT. WILL ALSO PUT A CHAIR UNDER THE LATCH.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 3, 18 12:46 AM
Where is that Silly Putty sniffing Hound-Dog racing around on a souped up Scooter, dashing everywhere, there and here?

One minut here one mint in the BIG Outer Relm

Boy oh boy does that Pup ever a trubell to this poor old soul some times whooee!

Stay still for a minut as I’m askin: where is everyone anyhoo? .....Here I have ta leave for a few weeks when all heck occurs and I am left serving tea and biscits to no one....

Oh Hiya Salty...Ms Fletcher I's got some grievous news to tell you so you'ed better sit down...

See while you were cookin a Gard done snuck in hiched a ride on his beloved sooped up Scooter. He’s gone and chased after tehm. But it was n ambushy job and all sorts of harm may happen to him...

...Oh no Salty....What are we going to do now? I mus pack ‘n go help him. Wears my coat an scarf?

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 3, 18 2:03 AM
We are all sitting on the shelf next to the fishing basket when I notice 4 pairs of small black eyes following us intently.

Gulp!

I can only hope that the pink silk tethers which are holding these somewhat ferocious looking white doves in place and away from what could be VERY tasty morsels.

Cash and Wickerbat are sniffing and searching all over the blimp basket but without any success in finding their beloved owner.

Amethyst suddenly gets up and calls them to her.
“It is Party Time for Ferrets!” and disappears.

Without them to guide us onto Grim we are helpless, but they had searched diligently here and found nothing.

And “time is of the essence”

We urgently need to explore further while the pills remain effective for us to travel back in the tunnels.
So where to go?

It is at this moment that I get an urgent message from Charlie so say that Mrs Fletcher and Dandydog have disappeared as well!

Is there no end to our problems?

Well we could travel higher into the mountain as I have recently heard tales of the Source Gates being opened up.

This is an entirely new area and well off the beaten track.

So Roo finds an aperture in the Flying Boat and using some of the fishing line as markers in these new and very dusty tunnels we journey onward and upward.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 3, 18 2:07 AM
We emerge into a dark and terrible place that is known as the Temple of Justice.

All is quiet there so we explore the inner rooms using the charabanc.

Firstly we go to the right and nearly get singed from the underfloor central heating.

Nothing!

Then we explore the room on the left side and end up in the Torture Chamber!

It is at this moment that Amethyst returns and flops down in the only seat.

“You realize that you are sitting on the Executioners Personal Chair?”

She springs up, suddenly full of energy, as if stung on the derriere by a bee.

A little later two bedraggled and exhausted looking ferrets also emerge from the ether and flop down beside her.

And begin to twitch and sniff the air, before springing up to gallop around the room as if their lives depended on it.

They return each fighting over a small scrap of dirty white linen which we soon realize is part of a huggie jacket!

At last! A clue!

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Apr 3, 18 5:39 AM
I sat down and watched PTG and the others search the Temple of Justice.

I was tired and my knee was aching. As I began to yawn a cup of coffee appeared before me. I grabbed hold of the cup and looked over at my ghostly protector. After searching the room, he had came back to me and now was once again conversing with my other ghost friends in the library.

"Thank you, keep me posted." He looked at me. "Are you alright? Would you like to return to the library to rest?"

"No, I promised PTG and the others I would help them."

"And so will I."

"Any news?"

"They have now made it to Level 43 in the game. We have agreed not to do the DQ unless absolutely necessary as the Spring Fairy keeps asking for Spring Cakes. DandyDog left and Mrs. Fletcher went after him and closed the Tea Room . . ."

"What. . . "

"Do not worry, they have both left the MC story realm safe and sound. I did tell the others that you would be worried about Charlie and Big Kitty and the other pets. So a few of the older ghosts will be watching over the Tea Room. Since Charlie can see and speak to them, she shouldn't get lonely."

" As for Annaliese, I understand that MC management is now hiring. It seems that several guards and nurses have left. A few that remain have barricaded themselves in the pharmacy and refuse to give out any more pink pills to the inmates, claiming them all for themselves. The inmates are wandering about, half of them confused about what is going on and demanding their medication, the others slowly coming out of their drug induced fog and demanding answers from their doctors. Who have now locked themselves into their offices to hide from their former patients. "

We both quietly chuckled as I finished my coffee.

Edited on 04/03/2018 at 5:50:53 AM PST

Go to: