sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

DD June 19 2011

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jun 19, 11 5:37 AM
This is one of the earlier HOG games that I bought at Big Fish. It is a very straightforward game. The graphics are bright and clear; I did not have to use a walkthrough or strategy guide (at the time I didn't even know what those terms meant) and I was able to finish the game in under 3 hours. I enjoyed the fantasy story line, but I was a little disappointed in the "simplistic" ending. For those gamers who are looking for something that is not dark and eerie, I would recommend this game. There is some humor; at the time I played I was fascinated by the "cast" of unseen characters; and I never felt stressed when playing. That being said, I have played more sophisticated games since then, so for someone who is looking for an intense adventure game, this would probably not fill the bill. But if you're loking for an enjoyable few hours, this game might be just the one for you, and at a great DD price.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:DD June 19 2011

[Post New]by Safarri on Jun 19, 11 7:17 AM
Played for 30 min. Initially I thought this was not up to the standard expected from BF but got hooked while playing. I agree this is not very sophisticated but it is fun. No eerie, ghosty, vampireish intrigue, just campy fun. The characters are interesting and hope their involvement gets more interesting as I play forward.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 19, 11 8:54 AM
Played out the full demo, and found the graphics very fuzzy.
Do not like having to search with mag. glass. Used too many
hints especially for items like keys. Didn't hold my interest
at all,

Better graphics might have been worth DD, but no sale here.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 19, 11 9:22 AM
I am enjoying this game. It's a nice relaxing HOG and I think worth a DD. There are some wee objects, but the hint refills rapidly. I used it twice: once for a fish that I should have seen , and the other time for a yellow pepper on a yellow chair that I probably never would have seen. I have no idea how long the game is, but I am enjoying a leisurely Sunday playing it.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Jun 19, 11 10:40 AM
I played the entire demo but found myself wondering how soon it would be over. It's not a terrible game but I found that it became quite repetitive. If you're looking for something not very difficult to while away a few hours, this might be worth a look, especially at DD prices. I did find the animation for the "invisible" people amusing, so that was a plus.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 19, 11 12:09 PM
Can be summed up in one word. Meh . Not good, not bad. Some humor. All in all a nice quiet way to spend Fathers Day.
Happy Fathers Day to all Dad's out there.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 19, 11 12:23 PM

This was a buy for me as it's very relaxing; at first, I was thrown by certain moving objects until I remembered reading about the invisible beings on this forum -- while downloading the game.

I was able to find most of the objects rather quickly but then invariably would get stuck in not being able to discover that last "see the difference" item and have to skip the puzzle.

I find the storyline rather intriguing with me wanting to know what's going on.

MEnr56

BTW -- HAPPY DAY

Edited on 06/19/2011 at 12:24:16 PM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jun 19, 11 12:40 PM
This may have been a rather nice game except for one thing. I couldn't abide the constant "bell ringing" sound. Therefore I only lasted 5 minutes.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jun 19, 11 1:51 PM
Nice relaxing game. Hidden Obj., with some puzzles included. You only visit each scene once. The Ghosts are an interesting addition. Graphics were nice and clear. The addition of the Magnifying Glass was a nice feature. This game was worth the DD Price.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 19, 11 3:34 PM
Even at a DD price, I didn't want it. I didn't find the game to be any fun at all.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jun 19, 11 8:12 PM
This started off looking like it was going to be pretty good, but I was disappointed when it turned out to be a straight H.O. with the odd mini-puzzle thrown in. I played to the end of the demo only because I kept hoping it would get more interactive. It didn't and I wasn't left feeling that I wanted more. Too bad as the story was intriguing until I caught the spoiler about the ending. I still would not have bought the game had I not seen the spoiler. I have nothing against straight H.O. games; I own quite a few, but this was too repetitious with nothing to make it special.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 19, 11 8:32 PM
I think I remember this being really panned as easy, dumb, boring and a straight HOG. I tried it anyway and bought it. I found some really funny (to me) stuff in it, the writing. .

It was different from usual fare at the time, those invisible characters with heads or hands, and some interactive objects within the hog scenes, now common. Some got stuck on one of the first mini games thinking it's a glitch finding numbers. But it was lack of understanding what to do, easier than seems.

Forgive me I can't name the dev right now (senior moment) I don't want to reload it to see. But it is one of the first, if not first by a dev we all love today. I went to their site listing all their games and it wasn't even listed on their credits. I thought tee hee maybe they don't want to admit it now. Was it Nevosoft or Vogat or....darn it.

It was kinda like comparing MCF Huntsville or Prime Suspects with the rest of the series. I had fun with it (weird humor) like the whole game was a farce.Wasn't sorry I bought it then, but we've come a long way. Give it a shot for historical collection anyway if you like the others by same dev.

Go to: