Redemption Cemetery Won't Run on WinXP SP2

[Post New]by bevc6231 on Jun 19, 11 2:48 PM
I have WinXP SP2, 2GB RAM; 80GB free on disk; no firewall; turning virus protection off.

I bought Redemption Cemetery at Target. I have other BF games, so the client is already installed. RC installs, but it won't play. When I click Play from the client it churns for 10 seconds or so and then Thanks me for playing. I never get into the game.

I have uninstalled all BF components, restarted, installed again and same experience. I install another game - Mystery Case Files - and all works fine. I see both games in the client, MCF works; RC doesn't.

How to solve this? I am computer literate - I know my way around Services, Task Manager, etc.

Thanks,

--Bev

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

Re:Redemption Cemetery Won't Run on WinXP SP2

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Jun 19, 11 5:09 PM
Create a Dr. Felix diagnostics report and send it to customer support: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page

Good luck.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Redemption Cemetery Won't Run on WinXP SP2

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 21, 11 11:06 AM
Hey bevc6231,

I would recommend trying to uninstall and reinstall the game, deleting all traces of the game before using the CD to reinstall it. You can find the instructions for this in this help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

As there is a tech issues thread in the Game Forum (you can find it here), I will be locking and moving this thread, but please feel free to post in the thread or get in touch with Tech Support for more help!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: