Telescope Problem

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Jun 19, 11 2:55 PM
I have read the walk through but it doesnot tell you how to make the "runes" cymbals (yea I know that is mis-spelled) change. I have pressed each item, went back and looked at the"diary"thinking it would help but nothing makes them change to get the correct code. Where am I going wrong. Yea gotthe little girlout of the pit, got the Prof's eyes fixed, got the crowbar. but now I am stuck.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Telescope Problem

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jun 19, 11 3:08 PM
SIRSLIMMYEEL wrote:I have read the walk through but it doesnot tell you how to make the "runes" cymbals (yea I know that is mis-spelled) change. I have pressed each item, went back and looked at the"diary"thinking it would help but nothing makes them change to get the correct code. Where am I going wrong. Yea gotthe little girlout of the pit, got the Prof's eyes fixed, got the crowbar. but now I am stuck.

Congratulations on getting so far! Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing.

You mean you're trying to set the 6 red/green buttons on the control at the Telescope Hatch, right?

As of about a year ago we standardized all the Blog Walkthroughs so now the marked screenshot always comes before the text that explains it.

So you're in Chapter 14: the Telescope.

Look at the 4th marked screenshot in that chapter, the one that shows the 6 green buttons with the one blue button off to the right. That's the control panel on top of the Hatch next to the telescope.

The text below that says:

Now you need to set each of the 6 Blue Light Devices correctly. This is just trial and error. Each time you set one, you can Go to the Telescope. Click on the blue hatch to see the lock. Click on the lock button to test your combination. Any correct setting will light up green. Incorrect settings light up red. Each Blue Light Device has its ID code just below the window where you can change the symbol so you know which one you’re changing.

The Blue Light Devices are located by the Telescope, at the Giant Nest, at the Broken Bridge, at the Panther Village, at the Lake, and at the Plane Crash.

See the screenshot for our solution.

Once all 6 buttons turn green, push the blue button and the blue hatch will open. Go down inside.

Edited on 06/19/2011 at 3:28:38 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Telescope Problem

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jun 19, 11 3:16 PM
So here are the exact steps to set one symbol.

1. Go to the telescope.
2. Click on the blue hatch to zoom in on the Hatch control panel.
3. Press the Blue Button so you can see which symbols are still red. If a symbol is already green, leave it alone, it's set correctly.
4. When you see one that's red, notice the symbol on the brown square button next to it.
5. Find the Blue Light Device with the symbol that matches the symbol on the brown square button of the light you're trying to change from red to green. If you use the Map you can get to them all pretty quickly.
6. Zoom in on the Blue Light Device you are trying to change.
7. Click the round "window" on that Blue Light Device to change its symbol. Just change it one at a time, skipping any that match any symbols that are already green on the Hatch Control Panel.
8. Use the Map to return to the Telescope.
9. Click on the Hatch to zoom in on the Hatch Control Panel.
10. Click on the blue button and notice if the symbol you've been working on is now green. If it is green, you can go on to the next red symbol and work on that.
11. If the symbol is still red, use the Map to go back to the Blue Light Device you just changed and change it again, then come back to the Telescope and repeat steps 9-10.
12. Just keep changing symbols on one Blue Light Device at a time and testing each time back at the Telescope until all the lights are green.
When all the lights are green and you push the blue button, the Hatch will open and you'll be able to go inside.

It's all just trial and error I'm afraid. Work one Blue Light Device at a time, changing it one symbol at a time, and checking at the Telescope until it turns green.
Then onto the next.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 06/19/2011 at 3:19:41 PM PST

Go to: