WESTWARD III - WHOO HOO

lindataf
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

WESTWARD III - WHOO HOO

[Post New]by lindataf on Dec 29, 08 4:33 AM
I'm so happy to see this coming out...I loved the first two. I'll have to wait 'til this evening after work to start...anyone forged ahead on it yet???

Soifeas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:WESTWARD III - WHOO HOO

[Post New]by Soifeas on Dec 29, 08 5:17 AM
The game keeps freezing up while checking my system. Yet another game I most likely won't be able to play.

[Post New]by gabeaustin on Dec 29, 08 8:34 AM
I have forged ahead, but have hit a wall in the town where you are collecting votes to win an election. For one thing, I can't find Timothy's Red Flowers. There is a walled off area in the north part of game play behind a locked door - and I can't find the key. And, I still need to get 7 more votes for Jake in this election. I think I need to do that by winning the "earthquake" round - where all your buildings fall apart and catch on fire the whole time. I have tried to win this round at least five times to no avail!

It's a very entertaining game, I'm just stumped by this particular level!

Looking forward to other people playing more today so that they figure this out and share with the rest of us!!!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 29, 08 8:52 AM
Most of the answers are in the Sandlot forums...(I recieved this game as a total surprise from one of my daughters) and I have peeked at some of the more maddening puzzles but, as to Earthquake Valley, all the tips in the world have NOT led to any success beating this level!!!
Then again WW 2's Tornado Valley defeated my best intentions dozens of times( lol) before I figured out the stratagy that finally worked for me.
Try, try again.....I'm soooo hooked

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Dec 29, 08 9:15 AM
YES YES YES -- bought it on creators site -- Pre-Ordered (SORRY BIGFISH I'm really a loyal BF FAN )

Just finished first run through lastnight. GREAT GAME & well worth it.

If you're a Mom/Dad or Granny (like me, LOL ) get the house clean; dinner served; kids settled prior to starting. You're not gonna wanna quit! roflmao

Westward literally makes me GIDDY like a kid. This one is AWESOME!!!

To get the final 7 vote -- I had to complete that "spooky" quest in the tunnel. Once my hero killed the bandits -- the evil doer quit nabbing people. Be sure to have your "Church" unlocked. Build a church & after blowing up the 3 cemetaries -- build 3 new ones. Quest done. Remember to keep at least 4 or 5 people by building tents. Don't feed them, as new people keep coming that he can't get. lol

Earthquake -- I have no hair left -- but finally completed it following Sandlot tips. UGH!

[Post New]by paperdoll49103 on Dec 29, 08 9:18 AM
This game is soooo much fun! There are so many quests and side ventures. I am sure to be playing for a long time. I really love the fact that we can plant more trees in this one. Really helpful!! Have fun everyone!

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,446 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Dec 29, 08 9:19 AM
I played the demo, loved it! I can see me getting this in the future...

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,895 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Dec 29, 08 11:07 AM
gabeaustin, to get the red flowers, plant some flowers and water them, they'll turn red (buy flowers where you buy items...ya know, farms, ranches etc. it's on "Build 3), after you give him the flowers though he's gonna ask for a silver ring...go to the pile of silver NE, where the wagon comes out of the tunnel..then go to the blacksmilth to have it made. Then he's gonna ask for a Black Stallion...lol...so you're gonna have to build stables till one shows up, after that you're through with him.

To get white rabbits, build 3 farms and have them plants carrots. (this has nothing to do with above, just another hint, that's all. :-)

To get the winery, build (or change 1 farm) to make grapes. Oh, to get grapes, water the plants again, (water by right clicking on them, forgot to say that eariler), I think you have to water around 4 or 5 of them and then this woman will approach you and make a comment about the purple flowers, offer you something and that's how you get the grapes.

You do get more votes in the 'earthquake' round or that's what I read, I'm trying it now...one hint I read and thought was pretty good...after each earthquake, save your game....that way you can go back after each 'quake to continue playing! Pretty smart thinking, huh? Wish I could take credit for it but read it on Sandlot's forum where you'll find bunches and bunches of *spoilers*! haha

I bought this game last week from Sandlot and love it...I have 1 & 2 also....hope they've started making #4! LOL

Now...I'm stuck on entering that darn tunnel!! I can't get my Hero, or the white rabbit or just one of the regulars to go thru it...and I have the lamp post built there...how the heck do ya get someone to go thru it...I want to play the ''Sleepy Hollow'' (spooky) quest and can't......till I get thru that tunnel! hehehe Sure hope someone can come and rescue me....lol.....soon! ;-)

Hope these couple of hints help ya'll out! Have a great week~

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Dec 29, 08 11:19 AM
well i dl'ed the demo but it quit after about 30 mins and said I'd used up the hour. Oh well, I don't think this is my type of game anyhow.

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Dec 29, 08 2:49 PM
For the tunnel -- for some reason, after I quit for dinner & restarted the game, I couldn't get in the tunnel either.
Had to destroy the first one and replace it with another one. Hope that helps you!

Never could get the well in the circle of rocks to work & ended up leaving it undone on my first run through. Will try again next time. One thing I learned -- DO NOT JUMP AHEAD OF MYSELF ... lol Gets in the way of gittenerdone

sandy75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sandy75 on Dec 29, 08 2:54 PM
I love all 3 of these games. However, I am having a bit of a problem. I am on the first major town. My task is "con the swindler" I have done everything but get a population of 20. I have raised my food to almost 100, I have houseing for them and I have even raised my town happieness, nothing has worked. Is there something I am missing or is this a bug in my game? help

Edited on 12/29/2008 at 2:55:37 PM PST

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Dec 29, 08 3:11 PM
I am stuck early. Can't figure out how to get the hidden supplies.

lindataf
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by lindataf on Dec 29, 08 5:19 PM
just got home and played the demo...didn't get very far though. I'll have a new game credit in about a week...I'll probably wait until then, since I've already bought two extra credits this month...

looks like this one will be as much fun as the first two alright, although the music isn't as much fun...

forge ahead fellow gamers and keep me posted...WHHOOHOOOO

Re:WESTWARD III - dynamite not available

[Post New]by jane5000 on Dec 30, 08 2:44 AM
Love Westward but... am rescuing the mechanic and can't buy dynamite at the Gstore. Yes, someone is employed there and yes, I had already upgraded, and yes, I have $100 but it still says "Sold Out."
Driving me crazy because I want to get the mechanic out before the bandits kill all my people.
Any ideas?????

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,558 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 30, 08 8:00 AM
That aspect of the game made me a little crazy too!! Evidently it takes some time to get the store resupplied or else you haven't met some other hidden criteria ? Good luck.

Oggy08
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Oggy08 on Dec 30, 08 8:22 AM
memawclay2 wrote:Most of the answers are in the Sandlot forums...(I recieved this game as a total surprise from one of my daughters) and I have peeked at some of the more maddening puzzles but, as to Earthquake Valley, all the tips in the world have NOT led to any success beating this level!!!
Then again WW 2's Tornado Valley defeated my best intentions dozens of times( lol) before I figured out the stratagy that finally worked for me.
Try, try again.....I'm soooo hooked

I have comleted the Earthquake Valley quest 3 times now and I cannot leave!!! I'm not sure if it is a bug - Haris Pilton appears as soon as the quest is complete but I am unable to talk to him in order to return to my town. If I return to the town via the menu the quest is not registered as complete!

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a soluton? Please help!!!!!!!

Oh and Sandy75 - is it that your population won't go over 15? If so you need to hire a sheriff.

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Dec 30, 08 11:12 AM
Hi Fishies!

Now that the Westward III game forums are up, I'm going to move this thread over there to keep the pond tidy.

Happy gaming !

VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VickyS82 on Dec 30, 08 8:37 PM
sandy75 wrote:I love all 3 of these games. However, I am having a bit of a problem. I am on the first major town. My task is "con the swindler" I have done everything but get a population of 20. I have raised my food to almost 100, I have houseing for them and I have even raised my town happieness, nothing has worked. Is there something I am missing or is this a bug in my game? help

You need to hire a sheriff to get over 15 people into town. Don't build any more shelters, as the minute you hire a sheriff, people will move in to your vacant ones. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by HeatherHi on Dec 31, 08 4:12 PM
For the earthquake stage, make sure you research building fortification. It makes your buildings sturdier, and is a must to make it through that level!!!

[Post New]by hbuczek on Apr 21, 09 6:21 PM
gabeaustin wrote:I have forged ahead, but have hit a wall in the town where you are collecting votes to win an election. For one thing, I can't find Timothy's Red Flowers. There is a walled off area in the north part of game play behind a locked door - and I can't find the key. And, I still need to get 7 more votes for Jake in this election. I think I need to do that by winning the "earthquake" round - where all your buildings fall apart and catch on fire the whole time. I have tried to win this round at least five times to no avail!

It's a very entertaining game, I'm just stumped by this particular level!

Looking forward to other people playing more today so that they figure this out and share with the rest of us!!!

Timothy's flowers are found by building the flower pot and watering it. if you haven't done the haunted town yet, you'll need that one for votes. you get to that level by putting a light post next to the entrance to the tunnel.

for the earthquake, you can play like normal, just make sure to keep track of your buildings. i only repaired them when they were noticably in disrepair. i built two lumber camps right next to each other and continuously planted more trees. make sure to have the trading building early on so you can swap for gold or lumber as you need. build tons of wells. make sure every building has one within reach. you'll want to have gold mines, i ended up with 2. it helps you have enough supplies to maintain your town. to get the 125 happiness, i made sure to have a sheriff, hat shop, church, town hall, flower pots, lamp posts. when i was close to the 125 and my other requirements were met, i had the mayor throw a parade. boosted the happiness enough to finish the level

to reach the key you need to chop down that large tree. so i didn't waste time, i blasted the other trees then set up a lumber camp and added 1 worker. when he finally chops down the tree, the tree hits the unlock and opens up the gate.

Go to: