mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Comments and other Chaos for Val'Gor: The Beginning

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 22, 11 12:16 AM
Alright fishies! In the spirit of ShadowFax who usually starts this forum, go ahead and add your comments, rants and other chaos here. Be sure to add actual game reviews to the official Reviews forum, but any other commentary about the game or general discussion about it can be placed here. Happy gaming!

Cheers

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Comments and other Chaos for Val'Gor: The Beginning

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 22, 11 12:24 AM
You have a good heart but this thread is no more. I believe it was BFGHondo who permanently closed this thread. Being Shadow's friend we are bummed out about it. But if you can get away with it please feel free.

As far as this game goes, it's Val'Gor: The End for me. I am just tired of them having TM's and M3's when it's the H0G players who bring in the money. And lately all that comes out on H0G's is CE's. Some of us are not the Rockefellers.

Sass

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 22, 11 12:28 AM
sassylassie wrote:You have a good heart but this thread is no more. I believe it was BFGHondo who permanently closed this thread. Being Shadow's friend we are bummed out about it. But if you can get away with it please feel free.

As far as this game goes, it's Val'Gor: The End for me. I am just tired of them having TM's and M3's when it's the H0G players who bring in the money. And lately all that comes out on H0G's is CE's. Some of us are not the Rockefellers.

Sass

The thread actually lives on! From what little I understand the moderators want to separate the comment section from the review section to avoid confusion; hence the forum name change. But this forum is still allowed to exist as long as commentary has some reference to the game. Actual reviews should now go strictly to the review section and commentary belongs here. I could be wrong here, and if they lock it we will know for sure, but for right now, we just keep posting like in this forum like we did before.

And I'm no Rockefeller myself. Money tight in this economy so I know what you mean. I'm not a fan of TM or M3's but just wanted to get this thread going for those that are.

ETA: corrected dumb typos
Cheers!

Edited on 06/22/2011 at 12:31:09 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 22, 11 12:31 AM
mycatluna wrote:
sassylassie wrote:You have a good heart but this thread is no more. I believe it was BFGHondo who permanently closed this thread. Being Shadow's friend we are bummed out about it. But if you can get away with it please feel free.

Sass

The thread actually lives on! From what I little I understand the moderators want to separate the comment section from the review section to avoid confusion; hence the forum name change. But this forum is still allowed to exist as long as commentary has some reference to the game. Actual reviews should now go strictly to the review section and commentary belongs here. I could be wrong here, and if they lock it we will know for sure, but for right now, we just keep posting like before.

Cheers!

I love your spirit. Especially for Shadow

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jun 22, 11 12:51 AM
My goodness, what on earth is happening at BFG? Are they trying to get rid of all us loyal customers once and for all?
Once upon a lovely time we had at least two good games a week, now all we get is m3 and time management despite there being lots in 'BETA' all belonging to BFG,

The other day I was in my local supermarket in the U.K. and lo and behold they were doing a promotion on BFG. what a surprise, mind you I had bought all of the games that were on the promo stand but sometimes I wonder if they are getting too big and forgetting their core customers,

This is just my opinion of course and I might be completely wrong but oh how I wish the site was like it used to be about 18months ago.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 22, 11 1:11 AM
For the reasons you said Tilly is the reasons I got a pass at another game site. It's funny how you used to hear I am not buying my games from anyone else unless it's . Where are those players now? You to me are 100% correct when you said they are getting too big. I feel the same exact way. The old BF is no more where I could come here and get a good game. I said to Luna that 85% of the players are H0G players. Or roughly those figures, and every time they put out a TM or M3, there's the no sale button. Even the dev's are turning to H0G's cause they know that's where the money is. Yep I believe BF is getting too big for his britches and is forgetting about the little people who got him here in the first place.

Sass

Edited on 06/22/2011 at 1:14:14 AM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jun 22, 11 1:13 AM
Unbelievable! Another game of no interest to me (and all the other Hog players). Unlike some, I do not go orgasmic on CE Thursdays due to lack of funds. Some more non CE Hog games please BFG. The lack of choice is now getting a little tiresome.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 22, 11 1:14 AM
tillybaby wrote:My goodness, what on earth is happening at BFG? Are they trying to get rid of all us loyal customers once and for all?
Once upon a lovely time we had at least two good games a week, now all we get is m3 and time management despite there being lots in 'BETA' all belonging to BFG,

The other day I was in my local supermarket in the U.K. and lo and behold they were doing a promotion on BFG. what a surprise, mind you I had bought all of the games that were on the promo stand but sometimes I wonder if they are getting too big and forgetting their core customers,

This is just my opinion of course and I might be completely wrong but oh how I wish the site was like it used to be about 18months ago.
I agree with you. I have still 3 couponcodes and can't use them.

Goodmorning fishies!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 22, 11 1:16 AM
Good morning Dobbie

Same here. And the thing about it is we can complain all we want to cause BF turns a deaf ear and that goes hand in hand with what Tilly just said.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 22, 11 1:18 AM
Hey Dobbie,

It would be a BETTER morning if BF would put out a better game. HINT HINT BF HINT HINT!!!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 22, 11 1:23 AM
sassylassie wrote:Hey Dobbie,

It would be a BETTER morning if BF would put out a better game. HINT HINT BF HINT HINT!!!
Hope BF read this.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 22, 11 1:25 AM
Morning all - Oh I might try this game later, It's a new M3.

Come and join me in Bootsky's Babbling Brook in CCC. Good place for comments not about this game

Kel

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 22, 11 1:32 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

Hope BF read this.

I will keep the prayer line open Dobbie lol

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jun 22, 11 1:38 AM
Val'Gor: The Beginning

There... I made sure this was a discussion about Val'Gor: The Beginning. So, on to my question like stuff...

Okay... let me see if I have this correct.

BFG always starts a "Welcome to the gamenamehere" thread. That's nice of them to welcome us to a particular forum. I suppose they do that just in case we didn't notice the forum name elsewhere - like the HUGE title at the top of the page.

BFG also starts the tech thread. Okay by me - have had to use it a few times. Nothing wrong about that thread

They also start a gamenamehere thread that reiterates everything on the download page. I have not seen any posts in the gamenamehere thread for eons.

So... the dues paying members decided to try and keep things tidy by keeping comments like:

downloading now
good morning
yuk, another CE
and various other assorted sundry fun

separate from reviews by starting a chaos thread. I was thrilled!!! In fact I thought BFG would jump on the bandwagon and give us a sticky chaos description every day. Perhaps instead of the gamenamehere thread?

But, nooooooooooo... now here's where I really break the "Forum Rules and FAQS" Especially the Treat others with respect clause. Who am I disrespecting??? BFG that's who!!!

Some terrific members get a great idea and you, ya, you BFG, get miffed. Why? Cuz you couldn't make any money off of it?

Many thanks to those of you who tried to tidy things up by making order out of chaos. Now, if BFG would get their head out of their bottom line maybe we can get a permanent Chaos thread.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 22, 11 1:42 AM
sassy: "As far as this game goes, it's Val'Gor: The End for me. I am just tired of them having TM's and M3's when it's the H0G players who bring in the money. And lately all that comes out on H0G's is CE's. Some of us are not the Rockefellers.

I am a HOGer. 80% of BF members are HOGers. Naturally, we want our "pound of flesh and blood". Yes, I agree that 80% are frustrated about the lack of good HOG games. It really is a problem recently.

mycatluna: "Be sure to add actual game reviews to the official Reviews forum, but any other commentary about the game or general discussion about it can be placed here.

But - 20% of the BF players are TM, M3 and other genres.

I feel very uncomfortable to enter other genres forums, and fill it with rant about HOGs!... It's like I take my dog to my neighbour's house full of cats, and let him free there.

This M3 forum is NOT a HOG forum, and I don't have the right to carry here my hopes and wishes!!! I have to do it in the right place, and leave the TM/M3 players to discuss their OWN problems.

Imagine that Govegril (a TM player) enters a HOG forum, and she and her friends fill it with TM games rant or discuss about lack of TM games.

She will be hanged on a high tree at the very second!...

I loved the Chit Chat and Chaos thread - but I think it was unproper to continue and discuss HOG matters in other genres forums, while it was disguised with "general discussion".

It works excellent when the TGT was a HOG - it looks "trespassing push" in any other than HOG forum.

HOGers, I beg you: give the other genres players to decide which discuss they want, and don't trespass their "property". Their problems are different from our problems. Give them the Free Speech.

Edited on 06/22/2011 at 1:45:28 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 22, 11 1:42 AM
sassylassie wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

Hope BF read this.

I will keep the prayer line open Dobbie lol
3 TM and 1 3M on one day!

And when I click on last post I get the beginning of the page.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 22, 11 1:44 AM
Does anyone know if this game is a sequel to "Val`Gor - Dark Lord of Magic"?

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jun 22, 11 2:06 AM
@MarkAlan If anything it's a prequel as Val'Gor is a youngster in this match 3 game. In Dark Lord of Magic he is all grown up. And that's more of a puzzle game. I forgot to look at who the developers were for either of them. Sorry I can't be more help.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 22, 11 2:35 AM
Well big surprise. I see here that the REVIEW thread says only that, not combined with "Comments". That's a start, it's only been eons that we've asked to separate the two topics.

So I guess this is the sorta comments thread, as long as we stick to this game. I'm still confused about mentioning another game which we are supposed to talk about in CCC. Like, anyone suggest a similar game like this one? In the same genre but it would be naming other games. Still a grey area to me.

I rarely scan the CCC pages, from topic headers I rarely know if one pertains to a game or not, open, close, scroll, open close, scroll. Who has time to go through 15 pages looking for the gamers' community. Be quick if you go to 5 pages of Recent Discussions.

Well, I shouldn't be here because I haven't even demoed this one yet, only because I'm up to my knuckles with unfinished M3, always go back to my old favs for replay anyway. A month ago I was looking for a new fresh one. (bought nameless one)Looks like devs are reading us and trying to incorporate all the other genres we like into one hybrid and it's a new trend.

The graphics looked a bit too garish/flashy for my eyes, prefer softer colors and don't need to stop and read stories and hogs or puzzles when I'm in a leisure no brainer mode but want something to move on my screen after staring at static hog scenes.

OK I talked about this game by way of screen shots and video. I won't name the M3s I like better, but would buy a M3 if it looked like it may top what I already have.

Anything else about my day or what I did just buy (different genre CE)I'll just omit. But won't be posting in CCC, not that important. I'd post there if I want to know how's your weather, or what's blooming in your garden besides new games. Or some topic of current but temp. interest like the court sessions in FL.

No review tonight, but couldn't top goofy anyway.
Puzzled, as always
PZ

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jun 22, 11 2:52 AM
Dear Puzzledone
Keeeping in the spirit too I played the game and agree with you Garish thats a great description also all the little birdies are cute for a while then you know any way it is nothing really special.Actually the other days DD Gulliver is a pretty good M3 Oh yeah speaking of BFG BIG BIZ that's true you can go back to an M3 a few months later and have fun as with a HOG which I like I kinda look at them as almost disposable. Have a great day Doof

Go to: