dmontgo
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

29 levels have disappeared!

[Post New]by dmontgo on Jun 22, 11 4:13 PM
I had played (and gotten gold) on the first 29 levels. Most levels I played multiple times to find the artifacts or to finish in gold time. I have been stuck on level 30 for a while now. My goal was to get Gold. I had replayed the level dozens of times always falling a few seconds short. So I decided to exit the game and take a break. I came back a few hours later and when I am on the map, it does not show the levels! It makes me start at Level 1! And when i try that I get a message that says I already completed the level and playing again will erase previous score (or something like that...point is, it knows that I already played). I do not have multiple players so I am not sure what the problem is! I loved the challenge that this game presented and was determined to get Gold on every level. I have come so close...now this! Please Big Fish, help me resolve this! I do not want to play all the levels all over again!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:29 levels have disappeared!

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 22, 11 11:30 PM
Yes, that happened to me too. I thought I was the only one- sorry it happened to you as well.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jun 23, 11 12:04 AM
Try CS chat?

Try emailing the dev?

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 12:05:02 AM PST

dmontgo
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmontgo on Jun 23, 11 4:25 AM
I e-mailed Customer Support. I am hoping they will have an answer for me...

[Post New]by TerriHaute on Jun 23, 11 5:17 AM
I have the same problem, none of my progress in this game is saved. I made sure that I didn't have anything set to remove or prevent cookies and it still didn't save. I don't have this problem with any of the other numerous Big Fish games I have, including the original Island Tribe game.

The other problem I am seeing is that this game seems to cause my laptop to shutdown upon exiting the game, but not every time. Only randomly. It's weird and I hope they fix it because then, of course, everything I accomplished in the game is gone and I am back to the beginning.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jun 23, 11 3:18 PM
This happened to me, only after I allowed level 30 to actually finish and the "story" at the end to play. If I restarted the level or exited the game while level 30 was still playing, I could go back in and try it again.

Seems to think once you've finished level 30, it can start you all over again.

I think Island Tribe 1 did something similar. I know it caused a lot of confusion and frustration, so disappointed that they did exactly the same thing again in the next game.

Mettefreja
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Mettefreja on Jun 25, 11 9:49 AM
I've finished level 30, and the same thing happened - only the green ring, that indicates which level you have chosen was still at level 30, so I just pressed play, and was taken straight to level 30, eventhough it seemed all the other progress was lost.

Now if I can only figure out how to get gold...

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jun 29, 11 7:57 PM
I would like to buy this game, as I am enjoying the first few levels, but when I exit and reload it starts over at Level 1. This is unacceptable. Guess I won't buy it.

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jul 1, 11 6:55 PM
Wow, I just re-installed the game and it's working fine! I will definitely buy it now.

Ourself94
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Ourself94 on Jul 4, 11 7:03 AM
I did not finnish level 30 and I had to exit the game, when I came back it was all gone. So frustrating.

Go to: