smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Question regarding the timer

[Post New]by smjjames on Jun 22, 11 8:11 PM
Since in the first level it says that even if the timer runs out, it doesn't end your game like it would for other games. So, I'm just wondering if its like a hybrid timed/relaxed (non-timed) game and how the timer running out affects gameplay in this one.

Lule68
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Question regarding the timer

[Post New]by Lule68 on Jun 22, 11 10:07 PM
I only played the hour demo but let the time run out on purpose. A little window popped up telling me time had run out and did I want to restart the level or continue on. I continued on and finished the level, just ended up with a little less money to buy things in the shop. Hope that helps.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:Question regarding the timer

[Post New]by kdubs on Jun 22, 11 10:14 PM
When the timer runs out, a screen pops up with 2 options: Continue to next level or Replay the level. So your mention of a hybrid timed /relaxed game is spot on!

I timed out a couple of times. Once I replayed (only because I hit the wrong button ), the other time I just continued on. I play for fun, not always for the top awards. Although I do like all the feel-good awards in this game . This is light-hearted fun, not a tough M-3 like Cradle of Rome #1 with the killer timer, still trying to beat that one.

edit to add: oops, I see Lule68 got you the answer first, but at least it gave me one more chance to whine about COR#1 killer timer.

Edited on 06/22/2011 at 10:16:01 PM PST

Go to: