bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 23, 11 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Jun 23, 11 1:15 AM
Access Error Violation - why oh why does this happen every so often (always a CE) and then a few weeks later I download the same game and try it again and it plays fine GRRRRRR !!!! Another weird thing that happens every time when I get Access Error message is that a game that I have bought, have been playing and is activated in my GM goes back into the "In Progress" screen and tells me to "Click to Activate" Figure that one out !!! 's in the system !!

D/loaded for the 2nd time still getting Access Error Violation but (as outlined above) each time I do one of the three games currently sitting in "My Games" in my GM disappears back into the "In Progress" window thanking me for purchasing the game and "Click to Activate". Can anyone please tell me what's going on here ?? This isn't the first time this has happened !!

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 1:52:19 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector’s Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nomatt on Jun 23, 11 1:20 AM
Nobody else seems to be having this but,,,I'm on my third download attempt. It goes to 62% within 2 minutes then crawls along, from 62 to 74 in 25 minutes. I redownloaded a game from here yesterday which was the same, took over an hour and I'm on a fast connection. I'm having no problems on any other site?

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Jun 23, 11 1:30 AM
I downloaded it and it refuses to open. I've uninstalled and am going to try again

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jun 23, 11 2:11 AM
Been downloading now for two hours and ten minutes and now it's refusing to save the file, am I fed up YES

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Jun 23, 11 2:36 AM
I re-downloaded it and it opened. I've played the trial and I will buy it when I can afford it. I love the artwork and the story is intriguing

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Jun 23, 11 2:46 AM
I've been having d/load problems for the last two months now, it didn't use to be like this!!! I have a very fast broadband it d'loads 90% in under a minute and then stops. Well just tried again and it d/loaded in less then 2 mins. Anybody's guess then!!!!

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 2:54:20 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jun 23, 11 3:52 AM
I eventually got the trial and decided to buy it. It downloaded quickly and plays well. I don't know what the download speed problem was but it seems to have been fixed. Nice game by the way

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jun 23, 11 4:05 AM
Why is it always ERS games that run slowly and "stickily" on my computer ? I know other fishies have the same problem with this devs games,but we never get a real answer.I love ERS but hate having to wait for scenes to change etc.

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jun 23, 11 4:14 AM
I can't download either - ie., it is sooo slow, have tried several times and even restating the pc in between, nothing helps. Frustrating!
My PC is brand new and up to date, superfast BB etc., nothing wrong there.
2nd game that had this error, c'mon BF, not cool!!!

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 4:15:45 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 23, 11 5:02 AM
nwr1948x wrote:Why is it always ERS games that run slowly and "stickily" on my computer ? I know other fishies have the same problem with this devs games,but we never get a real answer.I love ERS but hate having to wait for scenes to change etc.

Hey Nwr1948x--Same-O, Same-O here. This is getting to be a broken record with ERS games and me. I've had absolutely NO problem with games from any other developer getting "bogged down" like what happens with ERS releases. The D/L went quickly and smoothly (Kudos to and my ISP); the loading, opening menu, options choices, and first cut scene took longer (14 minutes) because of the PAINFULLY SLOW refresh rate.

The dialogue bits worked fine, but, click on an item to put into inventory? Like watching paint dry or grass grow! And the scene change-overs? Went to the kitchen, got a cup of coffee, came back, and things were barely different. Does anyone think that ERS uses some kind of really exotic, high-tech game engine that us middle-of-the-road computer users can't handle?

Too bad, 'cuz I REALLY wanted this CE.

(P.S. Oh well--probably preachin' to the choir here! The fix? "Send CS a Dr. Felix report" and then HOPE that the developers somehow see this thread!).

(P.P.S. Lots of these same comments about "Queen of Spades" and "Green Hills Sanitarium"--any responses to those queries? Don't think so.)

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 5:12:44 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 23, 11 5:48 AM
i think ers are resting on thier laurels, making shorter and shorter games, and more glitchy,

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Jun 23, 11 8:57 AM
- Download took 3,5 hours
- Game is slow
- First bug: Clown was correct painted, puzzle did not go further - could be only solved by skipping the puzzle.
- Second bug: Got the code from the telescope, the game told me, that I have it, it dissapeared, can't go on as the follow up puzzle tell's me, that I need the code first.

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Jun 23, 11 9:35 AM
Had no problems downloading but the game was very sticky on my xp comp. Took forever to go between scenes.
Tried it later on W7 and so far it's running like a dream.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 23, 11 12:00 PM
Hey fishies!

Just swimming by to give you the links to a few Help pages that you might find useful, based on the comments above:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the steps in these articles don't solve the particular issue that you're experiencing, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jun 23, 11 12:35 PM
Not sure but I think this is a bug. Went to the room where the mother is and flipped the mirror. Went back to the room with the telescope and looked at the code. Was wandering around and then looked at the Guide. Said when I looked at the code I should write with the feather, which I had. Now it won't let me go back to the telescope to write with the feather and won't trip the hidden object. I have circled all over the telescope and it won't let me back. Please let me know if it's me or the game. Thanks

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 23, 11 1:16 PM
Bidme wrote:I've been having d/load problems for the last two months now, it didn't use to be like this!!! I have a very fast broadband it d'loads 90% in under a minute and then stops. Well just tried again and it d/loaded in less then 2 mins. Anybody's guess then!!!!

It could well be that there were too many people downloading at the same time. This causes congestion and almost all the traffic slows down. Waiting until later seems to solve the issue, as it was in your case as well.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 23, 11 1:20 PM
yve501 wrote:Had no problems downloading but the game was very sticky on my xp comp. Took forever to go between scenes.
Tried it later on W7 and so far it's running like a dream.

Do you, perhaps, have more memory and a better graphic card on your Win7 system? I'm bumping my RAM to 4G and I really should upgrade my card.

Also, ensure that there are not other programs running at the same time. When I remember, I use Game Booster (freeware) to manage system resources when playing graphic intense games.

MO

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jun 23, 11 3:12 PM
Gamesetter_ wrote:- Download took 3,5 hours
- Game is slow
- First bug: Clown was correct painted, puzzle did not go further - could be only solved by skipping the puzzle.
- Second bug: Got the code from the telescope, the game told me, that I have it, it dissapeared, can't go on as the follow up puzzle tell's me, that I need the code first.

Yeah, I'm having a problem with the telescope too. Flipped the mirror, went back to the telescope and looked at the code. Didn't know to write it with the feather pen and now it won't let me go up to the telescope again. I 'live chatted' with customer service and he said if this IS a problem for a lot of players then they'll ask for a fix. Don't know how many players it'll take! I said, if it's a problem, it's a problem. Not much help there. Guess I'll start over 'cause it doesn't look like BF is in a hurry to fix it.

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 3:16:36 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 23, 11 7:51 PM
Scene changes are so slow that I thought the game had crashed. First the curser freezes and then there seems to be a long wait. This is especially frustrating when moving back and forth between two scenes.

Puppet painting scene does not work. I painted the first puppet but was never given the second one. One of the Fishies found a work-around by painting the puppet incorrectly first and then painting it correctly to move to the next but, we shouldn't have to do that.

I own several ERS games. They are all beautiful and it was a no brainer to purchase this one but it does seem a bit buggie.

I have a PC with Win 7 and more than enough RAM. I have never had a problem with any of the other ERS games.

Go to: