bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Mac version of Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 23, 11 12:30 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:The Mac version of Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by sajeanp on Jun 25, 11 10:21 AM
The Mac version of this game is having trouble re-displaying the animated cut scenes (from the camera icon in the lower left; the cut scenes display correctly when they first play from within the gameplay). There are multiple black patches throughout the screen when trying to replay the cut scenes. Although it doesn't appear that this problem will impede gameplay itself, I'm definitely not willing to pay full price for a collector's edition game with such a blatant bug. This is the third CE edition Mac game in the past month I've seen with a serious technical bug, and in all three cases there were not similar forum reports for the PC versions, so I'm wondering what is going on with the Mac port process and subsequent testing. There definitely is a quality control problem here. What is being done to address this??

Cherry211
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Cherry211 on Jun 25, 11 6:58 PM
I have just finished playing the game on my macbook and didn't encounter any problems at all. If anything, I find it better to play games on my macbook rather than my PC as I rarely have any problems.

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jun 27, 11 9:03 AM
I have a Mac OS X, Snow Leopard, Version 10.6.7,and have had no problems at all with this game, it was an absolutely BRILLIANT game - WELL DONE BFG.

Sajeanp, send a Dr Felix report to BFG so they can see what your computer contains, and if there is a problem (as I had on Love Chronicles) you might get a full refund - good luck.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Jun 29, 11 4:14 AM
Well done Mystery Trackers... that has got to have been the best game I have played in a very long time. I went for the hard version and boy it did not disappoint. Absolutely no problems with this game and this time the collector's edition is worth every penny. Hope the rest of you fishies get as much out of this game as I did. Not a single aspect would I criticise..... more please of this high calibre.

There is no over reliance of dark corners to hide objects, the screen play and graphics are superb. The level of difficulty really had me scratching my head to work out what to do and some of the mini games kept me going for hours. This has been the longest a game has kept me playing for ages. Well done!

[Post New]by momof4girls on Jul 16, 11 5:38 PM
i love the mystery trackers games...Raincliff was awesome!!!

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Jul 29, 11 4:06 PM
I only found one fault if it is one, I played the game, then went back to get most of my achievements. I had all but about 4. Then I played again and it didn't save my last achievements ! I playing under the same name. Some games save them so you will have a chance to get all ! Can someone explain ?

Go to: