bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Escape the Emerald Star technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 23, 11 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Post any Escape the Emerald Star technical issues here only

[Post New]by unicornone on Jun 24, 11 2:41 AM
just one technical issue.... can't play as I have no cursor control, so can't even select options to change cursor... why hide it under layers of graphics.....

[Post New]by jakes14 on Jun 29, 11 5:25 PM
Hi guys,this a great little game,but I have got to level 6 and have to click on a piece of cheese,when I click on it nothing happens,even the hint tells me to click it,but is not responding.
Your help would be great. J.McClelland.

[Post New]by meesh01 on Apr 15, 12 1:27 AM
I've just downloaded the free trial version and I can't even get it started. I click on the "escape the ship" icon, type in a name, and click "continue" at which point it clears the field where the name is entered! I've tried many times and many ways to get into the game and it just won't let me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 15, 12 3:39 AM
Hi meesh01,

If the game is not accepting your profile and starting up the first chapter, it may be that the game is not correctly installed or that your computer need a little help to run that game correctly.

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Also, the advice in the following Help Article, is really useful in getting game to run:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue persists and you feel like you need some more help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by RobinFLINT on Aug 7, 12 1:53 PM
When I enter Level 5 the first location already indicates that two anchors have been found when they have not been and the counter is off by two anchors. This will mean I only have 48 anchors in the end. Should I re-download or what is the issue? I have played it twice with the same problem. Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by DawnMKing on Aug 8, 12 1:19 AM
When I click play it won't even start. it gives me a pop up thing with a code. It says," Exception;unable to create defualt folder in src\stgOptions.cpp line 43

Game crashed on level 12

[Post New]by Jimmy_Deuce on Aug 19, 12 6:23 PM
Completed level 12. Exited the game. Returned next day to resume playing. Level 12 came on screen with all rooms dimmed with indicators showing "0" items to be found in all rooms but game did not proceed to next step which should be a puzzle. Tried going to main menu to resume game but nothing. How do I continue playing.

Bebalovo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Bebalovo on Sep 22, 12 10:07 AM
Computer crashes (to blue screen) during first level, finally uninstalled game to solve the problem.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 22, 12 11:33 AM
Hi Bebalovo and DawnMKing,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. That may be due to drivers or software programs that were out of date or not compatible, but our help article here has some suggestions that you can try to get that working if you'd like:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Jimmy_Deuce, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Information on how to do that can be found here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If those recommendations are not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you further.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

vakrow
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by vakrow on Sep 23, 12 10:46 AM
Got to level 19 and finished the level now it wont let me move on at a standstill val

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 27, 12 6:17 AM
Heya vakrow,

As your game seems to be stuck after level 19 it might help to give your game a quick uninstall and reinstall. You can find some steps on how to do that here:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If these steps don't help, you can always get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support. They will definitely be happy to have a look at that for you!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by LeeHazlewood on Dec 20, 12 7:17 AM
Hi - Game loaded and installed fine. I get the first screen, but am unable to enter a name. Therefore, I can't continue and can't play. I'll try uninstalling and re-installing and will report back here, but are there any other ideas? Thanks!

[Post New]by LeeHazlewood on Dec 20, 12 7:27 AM
Uninstalled, and re-installed. Game still won't accept a player name. Using Windows 7 x64 and have many other BFG installed. Also, I used to have Emerald Star loaded on this PC but had to reformat drive (we all know how that goes....). Any ideas, please?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 20, 12 10:28 AM
Hey there LeeHazlewood,

Welcome to the Pond!

Great that you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and since that didn't help with typing in the username, I would definitely check to see if there are any updates for the video card driver, as that can help with these kinds of issues. (Just click on the blue text for some specific instructions!)

Please also be sure to get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly to help figure out what the issue may be!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by dlundqui on Nov 22, 13 8:29 PM
In the 2nd HO scene, the game crashes and I receive the following:

Exception: 'The data is invalid.
' in src\stgApplication.cpp line 9615

I have already unistalled and reinstalled the game twice. All of my drivers are current.

Go to: