peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments and other Chaos for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collectors Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 12:51 AM
Hello everyone. I saw that there was no comment thread up, so I hope the mods do not mind my starting this.
I have only played a few minutes of this but it is looking good already.
I do not like that you cannot click through the conversations but IMO the graphics are clear and I like the story. More from me later, maybe

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Comments and other Chaos for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collectors Edition

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jun 23, 11 1:00 AM
yay !! h0g !
doh ! CE ! can't afford.

Re:Comments and other Chaos for Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collectors Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 23, 11 1:02 AM
After playing for 25 minutes I bought the game. It looks great!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 23, 11 1:04 AM
nwr1948x wrote: yay !! h0g !
doh ! CE ! can't afford.

Well, there is another offered as a soft release tonight that is in the same vein as the Mystery PI series that you might enjoy. They are generally to the same formula, but good value as a bit of fun to pass the time.
Cheers
Edited to add something about the game - looking forward to playing it.

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 1:05:49 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 1:09 AM
Hello nwr1948x, dobbie and DragonLadyOz.
I am a little irritated as the SG only shows the first chapter but it does look like a good length.
Thank you DLO, I will ook at the soft release, I keep forgetting to do that when a H0 comes out

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 23, 11 1:28 AM
Good morning Ann, Dobbie, Dragonladyoz

Yep yep it looks good. Probably end up purchasing. I love the spooky one so it looks to go in that direction lol. As far as the soft release goes it didn't get all that great reviews. The game is put out by Spintop and in the reviews it said its another clone of their mystery series. In that case I didn't even bother to download. I didn't even bother to play their Rosecliff all the way through and I could of played that for nothing. Like the someone said it's a cookie cutter game. All they do is change the story and artwork nothing new to their games at all. They're beyond boring. Well I hope you all enjoy today's game. I'll have fun with it once I finish Golden Trails. I have been playing another game in between Golden so I am slow. Have a good one all.

Sass

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 1:39 AM
Sassylassie, I think that this will be a buy for me too.
Has any one ever had "one of those weeks"? Well, I have had "one of those fortnights" Besides everything else, I got a trojan in my PC, so I had to completely clear everything out, which includes all of my BF games and manager! So, it will take some time to DL the ones that I was working on.
Could somone please point me in the direction of a lovely thread in CCC that lists every game by date please? I did have it bookmarked but everything has gone.
I hope that everyone who plays Grim Facade will enjoy it.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 1:42 AM
Hmm! ERS - Usually goes without saying that I would buy the CE - but not anymore. I'm sick of buying short CE's. So although I'm dl'ing now (and have been for and hour 40 mins 87%!!!) I will once again wait until I know the length of the BONUS gameplay.

Once bitten twice shy! (Although in my case it has been more than once!)

Kel

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 1:44 AM
Kelvarda wrote:Hmm! ERS - Usually goes without saying that I would buy the CE - but not anymore. I'm sick of buying short CE's. So although I'm dl'ing now (and have been for and hour 40 mins 87%!!!) I will once again wait until I know the length of the BONUS gameplay.

Once bitten twice shy! (Although in my case it has been more than once!)

Kel

Morning Kelv, I had trouble with DL too, deleted the DL while running and started again. It DL'd in under 3 minutes. Strange but true!

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by 17players_ on Jun 23, 11 1:45 AM
Still undecided whether or not to buy this game. Just finished the demo in the advanced mode and almost twice within an hours time. Tried to look at the stratgey guide but couldn't really come up with the full length of the game. The mini-games are easy and it wasn't difficult to know how and where to find where to place a found item to advance. I was really intreged by the plot but still unsure. What do all you fishes think?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 1:54 AM
peglegann wrote: (snip)
Could somone please point me in the direction of a lovely thread in CCC that lists every game by date please? I did have it bookmarked but everything has gone.

Here you are Ann
2010: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/83148.page#1527030

2011: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/140965.page#2720739

Kel

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 2:18 AM
Geez! Finally - after 2 and a quarter hours!! Installed - now going to check it out!

BBL (with my comments)

Kel

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 23, 11 2:41 AM
peglegann wrote: I had trouble with DL too, deleted the DL while running and started again. It DL'd in under 3 minutes. Strange but true!

Think I will have to try that too as I tried pausing because it was downloading slower than a snail and when I clicked resume it downloaded the rest within a couple of minutes to am now stuck on "Saving File" and have been for some over half an hour

Just paused and unpaused again and now it says "Waiting to Download" again even though it says 100%.

Now the pause button has disappeared .

I clicked on the Uninstall icon and the game vanished from the In Progress list, went to the download page and clicked the Try It button again and guess what ...

It took me straight back to saying "Waiting to Download" and 100%, while I have been typing this it has gone back to the "Saving File" .

I give up and am now going for my shower will leave it trying to save ... ooh developments ...

It has just starting downloading again from the very beginning but the title of the game says:

Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector & r s q u o ; s Edition

LOL I guess that that is the code for an apostrophe because when I type it without the spaces it shows up as Collector's.

WOW it has just downloaded and now says Play Now (2h 40m) ...

wonder if it will work

ETA ...

YIPPEE!!! yes it did and I played for a whole 8 minutes which is all the time I can now spare after it taking soooooo long as I must get ready and go out.

Looks promising though.

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 2:54:04 AM PST

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jun 23, 11 3:06 AM
17players_ wrote:Still undecided whether or not to buy this game. Just finished the demo in the advanced mode and almost twice within an hours time. Tried to look at the stratgey guide but couldn't really come up with the full length of the game. The mini-games are easy and it wasn't difficult to know how and where to find where to place a found item to advance. I was really intreged by the plot but still unsure. What do all you fishes think?

I'm also unsure. I played it once in easy mode and once in hard mode to see the differences and it was quite easy both ways. The SG only lists the first chapter. I'll wait to see about the length, but I think I'll probably pass.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 23, 11 3:27 AM
I really enjoyed the demo. ERS great graphics as usual. If I purchase this game it throws my punch card off, hope I dont waste any credits lol.

Guess I am off to purchase.

Happy game day

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jun 23, 11 3:36 AM
peglegann wrote:Hello nwr1948x, dobbie and DragonLadyOz.
I am a little irritated as the SG only shows the first chapter but it does look like a good length.
Thank you DLO, I will ook at the soft release, I keep forgetting to do that when a H0 comes out

Sadly, I'm with nwr1948x, Duh, CE price out of my range. Did the demo and will definitely be waiting for the SE to buy. I liked the game.

What is a soft release? Sounds interesting and intriguing !

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jun 23, 11 3:42 AM
Was that caped "villain" Zorro??? LOL His sure looked the part with the black cape. He didn't leave his "Mark of Zorro" which is a big Z lol I am wondering tho if they had the image of Zorro in their minds when they created the caped guy. They look alike.

It seems to be a pretty good game.

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 3:43:19 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 3:43 AM
Kelvarda wrote:
peglegann wrote: (snip)

Here you are Ann
2010: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/83148.page#1527030

2011: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/140965.page#2720739

Kel

Thank you so much Kel, you are a star
How is everyone enjoying the game?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 3:44 AM
layzeedaisy wrote:

A Soft Release is a game released without all the shouting and fuss of TGT. Today's SR is a hidden object game. You'll find it on the Left Hand side of PC downloads Home page, under todays release

Kel

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 3:45 AM
layzeedaisy wrote:
peglegann wrote:Hello nwr1948x, dobbie and DragonLadyOz.

Sadly, I'm with nwr1948x, Duh, CE price out of my range. Did the demo and will definitely be waiting for the SE to buy. I liked the game.

It is on the release page of BF. Dated today, 23rd. June. A soft release is a game that was never a TGT, as far as I know

Go to: