Length Anyone???

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Length Anyone???

[Post New]by 17players_ on Jun 23, 11 1:51 AM
Couldn't use my regular gauge to estimate the play time since the stratgey guide was limited. It took me 40 minutes in the advanced mode to finish the demo and played it again and almost finished it twice.

I found the mini games easy and it wasn't a great challenge to know where and how to place found items. So still unsure.

So anyone that has bought and completed the game, what do you think about the length?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Length Anyone???

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 4:19 AM
In fact any-one who has just bought it - can you tell us how many chapters in the Main Game, and the approximate length of the Bonus play

Would be ever so grateful.

Kel

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 4:19:30 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 23, 11 5:03 AM
Hi

I am only halfway through the game.

There are 5 chapters- plus bonus

pages 1-41 main game
pages 42 -50 bonus chapter

Up to p25 in the guide- I have been doing other things whilst playing but estimate played about 2.5 hours.

so estimate 5 hours including bonus for me.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 5:13 AM
Thanks govegril - That does help me decide

Kel

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 23, 11 5:27 AM
Grim Façade Mystery of Venice – CE

The Strategy Guide has 50 pages. Here is how they break down.

Chapter 1: The Redemption Society – 7 pages
Chapter 2: Bartolomeo's Mansion – 12 pages
Chapter 3: Gaspar's Residence – 13 pages
Chapter 4: The Ship – 3 pages
Chapter 5: The Theater – 7 pages
Bonus Chapter – 8 pages

This info is in the text folder in the game program. Many times even if the game demo is shorter than the whole game and does not include much of the game play, they will include the "other stuff" in the game demo program. You can download the demo and see how many chapters there are by looking into the game program folder.

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 5:31:19 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 23, 11 5:42 AM
LizzieK wrote:Grim Façade Mystery of Venice – CE

The Strategy Guide has 50 pages. Here is how they break down.

Chapter 1: The Redemption Society – 7 pages
Chapter 2: Bartolomeo's Mansion – 12 pages
Chapter 3: Gaspar's Residence – 13 pages
Chapter 4: The Ship – 3 pages
Chapter 5: The Theater – 7 pages
Bonus Chapter – 8 pages

This info is in the text folder in the game program. Many times even if the game demo is shorter than the whole game and does not include much of the game play, they will include the "other stuff" in the game demo program. You can download the demo and see how many chapters there are by looking into the game program folder.

Thank you for the information, especially re the text file in the program

ETA. Thank you to govegril too

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 5:54:04 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 23, 11 5:50 AM
@ LizzieK - Thank you very much for pointing this out. I would not have known that this info was readily available on our PC's

Kel

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 23, 11 5:59 AM
Most of the time that info is in the demo version but I can't say that it would be there 100% of the time. I usually look and see what I can see. Like they say " It doesn't cost anything to look!"

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Jun 23, 11 8:05 AM
LizzieK wrote:Most of the time that info is in the demo version but I can't say that it would be there 100% of the time. I usually look and see what I can see. Like they say " It doesn't cost anything to look!"

Smart cookie!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jun 23, 11 9:08 AM
I just finished, so with breaks for activities of daily life, it took me three and a half hours.I did have to use the Strategy Guide a few times, because I got stuck. I also had to skip three mini-games, I just could not get one of the sliders and the last game had me frustrated (I am not great at mini-game puzzles). I have not started the bonus play, so can't answer about bonus length.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 23, 11 9:45 AM
sandebeach wrote:I just finished, so with breaks for activities of daily life, it took me three and a half hours.I did have to use the Strategy Guide a few times, because I got stuck. I also had to skip three mini-games, I just could not get one of the sliders and the last game had me frustrated (I am not great at mini-game puzzles). I have not started the bonus play, so can't answer about bonus length.

thanks sande, a no buy for me then

CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CplDave on Jun 23, 11 9:52 AM
Three and a half hours for me, and I played on advanced, skipped no puzzles, and never had to use the strategy guide. I'm not that good of a player, I think the game itself is very simplistic.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 23, 11 10:30 AM
looks like ers is going the way of the makers of dream chronicles, running off once loyal customers by short ce, after short ce

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Jun 23, 11 12:07 PM
took me 4hrs I'am not that quick, have not done the bonus, there's a lot better out there then this, wished I'd saved my money and waited for the SE

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jun 23, 11 12:58 PM
Just finished the bonus chapter and while good and a nice ending, it was only 40 minutes!!!!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 23, 11 2:08 PM
sandebeach wrote:Just finished the bonus chapter and while good and a nice ending, it was only 40 minutes!!!!!

Well...now I have to weigh if the good ending is worth the CE.....maybe.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 23, 11 2:12 PM
Repost:
"by belamba on Jun 23, 11 12:25 PM
I finished and it took a good 5 hrs, and I'm a fast player. Quite a linear game, superb graphics, soundtracks fitting and gameplay at the right level of difficulty. Not too hard but not overly easy.
Have played better CEs and better iHOGs, but for the price it's well worth the money.
Thought the bonus content could have been longer and more challenging, but I buy CEs to be able to play today rather than wait eons. And the plus is that you can still choose advanced or casual for bonus chapter. I really hate it when I play a CE game on advanced, only for the bonus to be sparkly!"

edited to add quotation marks around belamba's post.

Edited on 06/23/2011 at 2:14:32 PM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 25, 11 12:59 AM
Really interested to know how long fishies took to play Main Game and Bonus chapter .

Also really helpful to know if that's playing in Casual or Advanced.

Thanks

duck72
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by duck72 on Jun 25, 11 1:06 AM
Hey fishies.

I played in Casual mode, skipped 1 mini puzzle, didn't use the Strategy Guide at all & used maybe 3 hints & finished the game in about 4 hours total.

Haven't played the Bonus content yet so can't comment on that.

Nice enough game but I didn't think it was anything fantastic. Wish I had waited for the SE, don't really think that it was worth the 2 credits.

Graphics are great but game play was fairly logical so there didn't seem to be any great challenge in working out where to go next or what to do next.

[Post New]by MARTINMYSTERE on Jun 27, 11 2:32 PM
I just finished the game and entered the bonus content. I am from Venice so i liked the game very much, but would have preferred a much longer game to play. All in all however there are many worst games, so my advice is GO"

Go to: