DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for the Fall Trilogy Chapter 3: Revelation

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 24, 11 12:14 AM
Hi there all,
I just popped in to say that I have been eagerly awaiting for this next instalment and I hope it lives up to my expectations. Won't it be nice to finally finish this series?
Cheers
Edited to add: Finally, something else on which to use a PC coupon!!

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 12:16:01 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Comments for the Fall Trilogy Chapter 3: Revelation

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 24, 11 12:17 AM
Morning DLO - Yes, I've got 1 & 2, Let's see if this stays with the same format!

Kel

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 12:20:38 AM PST

queenjoy
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by queenjoy on Jun 24, 11 12:20 AM
Hi DragronLadyOz

I too have both the others and enjoyed them and i hope this one follows in the same way so off to dl the demo.

I hope it is a good game for everyone today.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 24, 11 12:27 AM
Kelvarda wrote:Morning DLO - Yes, I've got 1 & 2, Let's see if this stays with the same format!

Kel

Hi there Kel. I too am hoping this game is in the same vein as the others, though some larger items for which to search instead of teeny postits would be appreciated! Each of the first two episodes took me hours and sometimes raised my frustration levels! LOL
But I finished them both without assistance - eventually!!

As to the second part of your post which seems to have disappeared as I type - hmmm!!

Cheers

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 12:28:32 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 24, 11 12:33 AM
Hi there queenjoy,
Yep, a little bit of "search for" items, a lot of puzzles and puzzlement, running around, scratching one's head, what tha and what do I use this for moments. (Not to mention a head full of grey hairs to accumulate!) All untimed. What more could you want?
Cheers

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 24, 11 12:35 AM
Goodmorning fishies!

What a strange game. I played for 20 minutes and don't know if I like it. I must put a watch together, but I am not a clockmaker. So must skip this puzzle.
I try later the next minutes.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 24, 11 12:38 AM
Morning dobbie - I think this is one game where if you have knowledge of 1 & 2 you it understand it better.

DLO - Yes - it must have been my slow page turning that made things look different. When I went back to the page everything was OK! Either that or not enough coffee (again!!)

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

too...thinky!!!!

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Jun 24, 11 12:47 AM
it is only 9am, well, nearly, and too early for me BUT it does seem...how do i put ths? Not for the thick! Yes, i'm out!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 24, 11 12:52 AM

Tried it just to make sure it plays on my computer and then BOUGHT it right away!!

Off to play now, see you later....

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 24, 11 12:56 AM
Well - going to see if it plays on my new Win7 - BBL

DLO - There is a thread in CCC about the new page look!! I've left a comment

Kel

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jun 24, 11 1:00 AM
Good morning everyone! Here's to a happy Friday!
DragonLadyOz, I have to be honest here and say that this Chapter of the Fall Triilogy is a huge disappointment to me. I won't say more because I don't want to discourage others, but I am really interested in what you have to say after playing the demo.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 24, 11 1:19 AM
I was just going to post this in the Review thread when I realised that it isn't a review at all so not relevant and posting it there would probably get my fins slapped .

For anyone at all remotely interested here are my comments on this game.

pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ~ ~ ~ O ~ ~ ~

I absolutely adored Part 1 of this trilogy when you were exploring the temple and I even bought Part 2 but became bored with searching a sterile building so left it unfinished and today we have Part 3 and I was hoping that it was going to be more like Part 1 .

I have only played 26 minutes of this game but I cannot bring myself to play any more because ...

Spoiler Alert ... highlight to read

The game starts with you finding 20 canes

You find them, walk up the stairs and have to find 25 bars of soap

You wash your hands and then have to find 20 candles

The first minigame is assembling a pocket watch which would eat into the demo time so after playing for a short time I skipped it.

You then have to find 20 pointed objects

At this point I lost the will to live and exited the game and not even the promise of finding out what this series has been about will make me purchase it, I am very disappointed .

pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ~ ~ ~ O ~ ~ ~

As an aside ... I hope he didn't choose to use the bar of soap that that been on the toilet

Cherb

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 24, 11 1:26 AM
If you play in Expert mode it has 360 degree movement

Well, this 'episode' played beautifully on my new notebook (win7) so I will be re-downloading 1 and 2 and finish playing 2 before I buy this one. I won't leave a review as I really want to finish 2 before I play this one.

For those of you who may be new to this 'trilogy' They are not 'Junk Pile' Hidden Object games! They are Adventure games with hidden objects, and you use one or more of those objects to further your progression of the game. There may be 'something wrong' with the first ones you find, so they are unusable, so you carry on looking until you find the 'correct ones'

There is a re-cap of your 'adventures' up to now in the introduction of this game, but I do recommend that your try the first episode of this trilogy, as it sets the scene for the ones that follow.

In Ch 1 your are an explorer (Indiana Jones type) and must leave the Jungle (this one is superb )
In Ch 2 you are an Agent (James Bond type) and must get out of a building (I did find this one slightly ...(boring!)

Chapter 1 is a definite work out for your 'little grey cells'

Kel

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 1:48:13 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 24, 11 1:31 AM
Sorry Rose,
Already purchased the game, so I won't be able to comment about the trial version ( ). I had to use a PC coupon that I thought I might lose, but hey, didn't actually cost me anything, so go for it. Hope the disappointment is with the final solution rather than the game itself.
Hi there Cherb,
I too much preferred the first instalment rather than trying to escape from a rather boring building in the second.
I have not looked at your spoilers - but did the aside!!
Well, I suppose I should head off to play so I can respond in a knowingful manner to other comments - or else I might just create CHAOS!!
Cheers

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 24, 11 1:40 AM
Hello everyone, well a split pack so far on the comments I bought the 1st, one but cannot remember it. I did not buy the 2nd. and do not know why Seems that Kel may have given me the answer.
Thank you for your comment Cherb and I hope you are well.
I am off to try the demo, to see if it jogs my memory
Have fun all.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 24, 11 1:41 AM
Well. Really? I am confused.... Since I haven't played any of these games, maybe I will just play the really good first one and then ask one of you how the whole thing ends... So, it's cheating... what's your point... LOLOL Um, one of you would tell me how it all ends, right, buddies??

ETA: I read Cherb's spoiler (couldn't resist) and... that doesn't sound too fun.

Edited on 06/24/2011 at 1:42:36 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 24, 11 1:42 AM
Rose151 wrote:Good morning everyone! Here's to a happy Friday!
DragonLadyOz, I have to be honest here and say that this Chapter of the Fall Triilogy is a huge disappointment to me. I won't say more because I don't want to discourage others, but I am really interested in what you have to say after playing the demo.

I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same. I then just tried thinking of it as a seperate game - like an IHOG and not a sequel. Did the same for the recent dracula game, as that was supposed to be a sequel to dracula origin .

When I did that I ended up quite liking both. But at the end of the game, you mourn the loss of the originality of the first ones!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 24, 11 1:43 AM
So, is that a vote for it GingerGal? You will buy it? or not buy it?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 24, 11 1:45 AM
As my EDIT may be missed:

If you play in Expert mode it does have 360 degree movement. So those of you who suffer from motion sickness - take care

Kel

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jun 24, 11 1:45 AM
Oh wow, two brilliant games in one week. Like most people on here I bought the first two and was desperate for this one to be released so what a surprise this morning when there it was,

I have played nearly two hours of it now and have loved every single difficult minute and of course have bought it,

As far as I've played there is nothing dark or eerie in the game for people who don't like that sort of game so happy gaming folks.

Go to: