tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Huge disappointment

[Post New]by tatajojo on Jun 25, 11 12:34 AM
I was so looking forward to the third chapter of the trilogy as I loved the game, bought it without trying it first thinking it would be as good as the first two chapters...alas I went through the game in a king of automatic pilot mode, was bored and when I finished it I genuinely thought I had finished the first chapter of "Revelation", no I had finished the full game...I felt cheated on the time (2/3 hours max to play it) and also felt cheated on the tasks ( very boring ones), I would not recommend its purchase!

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Re:Huge disappointment

[Post New]by equusjoy on Jun 25, 11 1:09 AM
It probably would have lasted longer for me since it took me over 30 minutes to try and figure out the watch. No skip ever showed up either. Very irritating and since it's so short (other comments), it's definitely gone, gone.

I enjoyed the other two games, what happened?

Joy

[Post New]by snoozanwillow on Jun 25, 11 2:12 AM
I so agree this game was very disappointing. I workked my way through it in just under 2 hours so very short. I felt it could have had another 2 or 4 chapters but basicaly your a doctor and you heal your patient and thats it game over. Very boring end to a good trilogy.

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Jun 25, 11 3:01 AM
I skipped the watch puzzle...you can change puzzles to easy.....you click on the white disc.....go and put some laundry in, make a cup of coffee, write out your christmas card list...come back and the white disc now says 'skip' ...it took me ages to figure out the puzzles...i did try the watch puzzle...it would have helped if the piece clicked if it was in the right place and stayed there...xx I bought the game not realising it was only short....i assumed after the demo and then purchase that it would have to finish downloading another 400mb...this was not the case ....i feeellll sooooo stupid x

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Jun 25, 11 6:31 PM
It took me less then three hours to finish it, and I was doing other things that kept me distracted, but not abnormal when gaming usually. I guess I should feel lucky that I got it at the 6.99 price instead of paying 20 bucks, it really is way too short, not interesting like the other two were before it. This should have technically been a freebee because its not a full sized game.

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Jun 26, 11 1:08 PM
Boy do I feel ripped off! So sorry that I bought this game. How about a refund?
This wasn't even an interesting story line and the developers should go back to the drawing board and give us our money back. So disappointed!

Noelski
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Noelski on Jun 29, 11 9:56 AM
Count me in as thoroughly disappointed. After purchase, an hour of play and it was over. A refund would be satisfactory. I think we all look for a lot more challenge and substance than this. I honestly couldn't believe I was at the end of the game, I kept thinking it would take me to another chapter.

RIP OFF!!!

[Post New]by Estacia85 on Jun 30, 11 6:51 PM
Definitely expected better from the Fall Trilogy! Very upset that I actually bought the game considering I was more than half way through the entire game when my timed trial expired. Should've read the reviews before I purchased. Lesson learned. There was no excitment to the game. Mini games were very juvenile, you were basically told what to do so you didn't have to figure out what to do next. Honestly, I should've hesitated purchasing this game since Fall 2 was underwhelming. If only both, 2 & 3, could've been as good as 1.

[Post New]by bigbudda on Jul 4, 11 3:47 AM
I was most annoyed I had purchased this game, I did only because I have got the first 2, it was juvenile and boring, who want to spend ages following sparkles around a cellar , I could have left my 6year old grandchild doing that for me while I did something way more interesting like ironing. Thank goodness no part 4 is expected.

GoodOldDad
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldDad on Jul 8, 11 3:07 AM
Very disappointed also. I can't see a lot of the hidden objects due to low contrast/brightness even after waiting a while. I hate resorting to hints, but it is the only way to find the last few objects. Even after the hint shows me where they are, I STILL can't see them. And yes, I am wearing my glasses

And some of the puzzles can only be solved by sheer guesswork and luck, not logic.

I expected much better than this.

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 3:10:36 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 20, 11 10:40 AM
Hello everyone,

We definitely welcome all reviews of the game, whether they be positive or negative, as it provides great feedback for the developers. So thank you for posting in the Game Forum!

As there is a Reviews thread at the top of this Forum (you can get to it by clicking here), I'll be locking this thread to keep things organized, but you're more than welcome to re-post your thoughts about the game in that thread. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: