bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Island Tribe 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 26, 11 2:12 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Island Tribe 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by fingertippoet on Jun 26, 11 7:48 PM
I tried reinstalling the new version of the game and I'm still having the same issues with a flickering screen. Was this problem supposed to be resolved with the new version?

[Post New]by joesoap on Jun 27, 11 12:27 AM
The flickering screen issue has still not been fixed

Nessikk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nessikk on Jun 27, 11 4:21 AM
Hey fishes!
If you're facing a graphic corruption problem or if you use Intel build-in video card, please update the drivers. You can find them here: [removed by moderator]

Edited on 06/27/2011 at 11:41:37 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 27, 11 7:42 AM
Having already updated my drivers recently, doing it again seems pointless. The pirate has gone but the graphics issues still remain. Pointless releasing a new version with the same problems. Very disappointed.

T_Doctor
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by T_Doctor on Jun 27, 11 9:06 AM
I am having half the sceen flickering, what is up with that? My system is new so things are all up-to-date.

[Post New]by fingertippoet on Jun 27, 11 3:42 PM
Nessikk wrote:Hey fishes!
If you're facing a graphic corruption problem or if you use Intel build-in video card, please update the drivers. You can find them here: [removed by moderator]

My drivers are up-to-date. Apparently, this problem has been happening since the beta version. I'm not sure what the game makers fixed with the new version, but the most frustrating problem is still there.

[Post New]by kobesmom on Jun 27, 11 6:14 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, STILL having the flickering problem. How will we know when this is fixed?

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Jun 28, 11 1:32 AM
With the high volume of customers who had flickering issues, I would have thought it would be in the first fix. I mean HOLY CARP Batman! (tee hee hee, i can say holy carp because it's a fish reference)
I sent in my first Dr. Felix, encouraged others to do so & even saw posts saying they did it.
I am really starting to think about skimming Realore out of my tank. The 1st Island tribe is slightly buggy for me. If I play the last level without having exited first, it crashes after the end of story & I don't get a high score. Don't really care, so haven't complained. Maybe that was a mistake.

serbmama
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by serbmama on Jun 28, 11 3:39 AM
Graphics are still messed up, flickering and flashing through every level, the pirate is still there in casual mode though he doesn't show up until level 30 (totally unfair). I have a brand new laptop, windows 7, all my drivers are up to date. Ball's in your court.

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on Jun 29, 11 5:10 AM
Uninstalled/reinstalled the new version. Still having the same problems.
Sent in my Felix report, so hopefully will find out what is wrong.
Personally, I think another fix is needed for this game. Since the problems have
been there since beta.

[Post New]by slakmastag on Jun 29, 11 6:13 PM
I am having the same flickering issues. Everything was fine until I updated to Windows 7. I "spoke" with a rep today and she walked me through updating everything imaginable, but it did not fix the problem. I am disappointed that the updated version did not fix the graphics problem.

[Post New]by joewing on Jun 29, 11 7:14 PM
Not happy, just wasted my money apparently, find the flickering screen to make the game totally distracting. No other problem with all my other BFG so it has to be a problem with this particular came, have followed all the "help" tips to no avail

aedonev
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by aedonev on Jun 29, 11 10:30 PM
I'm sad to see there isn't a fix for the flickering, but a little happy because I was afraid there was something wrong with my system for a while there, and my computer isn't old enough to have problems yet!

Pretty ridiculous that they released it in such bad shape though. Don't they check these things?

G00f
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by G00f on Jul 1, 11 12:07 PM
Still getting the flickering screen here too. It's very disappointing that Realore hasn't released a fix yet. I will definitely think twice about purchasing Realore games again. Enough time has passed for them to be able to fix this issue.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 1, 11 2:18 PM
Hello everyone,

A new build has been released that fixes game crashes and removed the pirate from casual mode.

To play this build, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

If you experience further technical issues, or if you are having flickering screen issues, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report. (Click on bold words for more information) Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 2:19:58 PM PST

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Jul 1, 11 6:56 PM
Thank you! I was having trouble with the demo saving my level progress, but after reinstalling it seems to be working ok now. I really like this game and will buy it now.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jul 2, 11 3:41 AM
I had a lot of Access Code Violations while playing it.

Nessikk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nessikk on Jul 6, 11 4:18 AM
Hey!
It looks like the developers have finally fixed this annoying flashing problem!
The game isn't flickering anymore!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 6, 11 10:26 AM
Hello everyone,

A new build is now available that addresses the graphical corruption issue reported in the forums.

If you would like this build, please uninstall and reinstall your game. For further assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support(you can click on this link). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: