bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

The Mac version of Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix is here!

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 27, 11 12:44 AM
If you would like to check it out, you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:The Mac version of Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix is here!

[Post New]by franibou on Jun 27, 11 1:07 AM
the game does not work, I loaded several times but nothing to do but it leaves the screen every time

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Jun 27, 11 3:21 AM
Hi,
Can you provide more detail? Which mac OS version do you have and are you using an Intel mac or a PowerPC mac?
---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

[Post New]by franibou on Jun 27, 11 5:02 AM
kspes wrote:Hi,
Can you provide more detail? Which mac OS version do you have and are you using an Intel mac or a PowerPC mac?
---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

hi

mac OS 10.5.8
1.83 GHz intel core duo
thank you

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Jun 27, 11 5:28 AM
Thanks for the info, we're looking into it!

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

Annie6250
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6250 on Jun 27, 11 10:37 AM
Hi...having the same problem. The game won't even launch, I get an error popup saying the game quit unexpectedly. I'm on an iMac w/10.5.8 OS.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 27, 11 10:40 AM
I know I've said this on two other threads, but I thought it would be good to "add to" this one, since others here have the same problem I do. Game won't launch... just goes right back to the BF Game Manager and says I have 60min to play. Repeated attempts give the same thing. I deleted the game and re-loaded it, but same thing.
I'm on an Intel Mac (G5) running OSX 10.4.11.

Thanks

[Post New]by BikeGrrrl on Jun 27, 11 1:51 PM
I also cannot get the game to run. I'm on a Mac Mini running 10.5.8.

Bike

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 27, 11 3:06 PM
I'm having the same problem; game will not launch with my Mac 0S 10.5.8 dual Power PC G5 (Not Intel!)

Help

Marilyn

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 27, 11 3:09 PM
Hey fishies!

If you're having any troubles with your game, the best way to get help is to get in touch with our Technical Support team.

You can contact them 24/7 by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page. Then, after filling out the form, click on the Check for Answers button to bring up some related help articles. If you still can't find the answer that you're looking for, go ahead and click on the Submit My Question button to create a help ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat from your My Game Club page for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

Also, we try to keep all of the tech issues for each game together in one place, so please feel free to post your issues for this one in the "Post any Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix technical issues here only" thread.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jun 27, 11 8:28 PM
I'm also having trouble with this game. When I try to open the game I get a box where I can choose "ignore, report or relaunch". Relaunch just causes the same box to come up. I've uninstalled & reinstalled twice. I have a MacBook intel with OSX 10.5.8.

[Post New]by Thunderboult on Jun 28, 11 8:11 AM
Me too! I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Game won't launch. I tried several times. I uninstalled and re-downloaded each time.

Baybear
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Baybear on Jun 28, 11 2:12 PM
When as many people as this have problems even getting a game to "start," I think the Developer needs to look into it. I for one contacted BF Technical and they only did the usual "send in a Dr. Felix" for my PC emulator version, and told me to update my software which I HAVE DONE! I suspect most if not all of these people that can't run this game do NOT have personal computer problems either (i.e.: They have up-to-date software), and it is a problem with the game software from the Developer. i.e.: the game is formatted to run on one operating system, and won't run on others. There are a lot of people that would like to play this game (also there were scores of folks who couldn't play Midnight on the Mississippi either!) and can play all other games BF offers... so please stop telling us to contact tech. when 1) we have, and 2) nothing results from it. There must be an issue with this game not working with several platform/software-system types. Only the Developer can solve this, not BF tech or the users.

If BF wants to sell more games, they should be more proactive with the Developer to fix this.

Edited on 06/28/2011 at 2:13:29 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 30, 11 2:08 PM
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that we now have a new Mac version for this game that is compatible with all Mac systems.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems, you can contact our Tech Support team for further assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Go to: