Reviews for Herofy

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Herofy

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 28, 11 12:28 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Herofy? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Reviews for Herofy

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 28, 11 1:45 AM
Cute M3, with a little story going on. Good graphics. Really liked the play.
Its a buy for me.

Can I wait till 1st of month...lol

Happy gaming

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jun 28, 11 1:54 AM
Another lovely and cute Match3, after there're so many Match3 released these few weeks i've only bought Dreams of a Geisha because i'm not Match3 fans but they're all pretty good!

This one comes with good story, cool bonuses, good graphics and mix with some sort of adventure. Great style of Match3, the dev tried their best to not make us bored, good game but still no buy for me but Match3 fans should check this one out!

Grades:

Graphics: B
Story: B
Music: B
Gameplay: A
Bonuses: A
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 06/28/2011 at 1:55:10 AM PST

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Jun 28, 11 2:05 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game. I liked having to employ different strategies on how to move my hero (aka me). The ability to buy power ups looks good, too.

The cottage area looks like it will hold interesting surprises along the way, also. Above all else, I was really happy that it had an untimed option!

The story made it a little more interesting to play as well but, it wasn't so lengthy or invasive that it was overbearing in between Levels.

I don't know enough about M3s to make a great comparison with others in this genre but, I think for me this is going to be a keeper.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 28, 11 2:09 AM
I was quite excited when I read:

Guide your hero or heroine through a series of dangerous dungeons in Herofy, a fun and challenging Match 3 game! Use your magical powers and wits to reach the next door to dive deeper into the dungeon. Collect coins, defeat monsters, and save the kingdom as you make your escape!

because I thought it was going to be another game along the lines of the Enigma Heroine one whereby the matches you make affect the outcome of the fight.

This game has the normal Sound, Music, Full screen and Custom Cursor options and I have to report that the latter behaved beautifully without any problems whatsoever .

I played this game in the Relaxed mode but I am sad to say that it turned out to be just a normal match 3 with the ability to turn the board round so that you can move in different directions.

I have no clue where the "magic powers" come into it because I certainly didn't encounter any special ones in the 40 minutes that I played just the normal hammer, hourglass, fireball, lightning etc that you buy in the shop using the coins that you collect as you play.

You have to unlock the exit door to escape each dungeon but it is possible to buy a key in the shop, albeit for quite a few coins , that opens all the doors so that removes that challenge. The monsters are defeated by making matches over them but you can still advance to the next level without defeating any at all and just using the manoeuvrability of the board to avoid them. I know because I tried it .

Sorry devs but I, personally, haven't found anything special in your game that says "buy me".

Cherb

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 28, 11 3:29 AM
Cherb said : "Sorry devs but I, personally, haven't found anything special in your game that says "buy me".

I feel exactly the same. The graphics of the book were good but then (this is a comment, not a review) when I had to choose my character, I was so horrified by the look of the girl that I decided I would be a poor peasant boy today.....
Nothing spectacular in this game, back to play Cradle of Rome.

Edited on 06/28/2011 at 4:13:35 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jun 28, 11 7:50 AM
I was happy to see a match-3 offered for today's TGT. What I liked about the game-you can choose between timed and relaxed (not timed) mode. I chose relaxed. You can choose between a male or female character. I was thinking the female character was much better dressed than one in a match 3 that was offered some time back. The only reason I don't mention the name is that I forgot it. It seems that once you pick your character the game acknowledges the fact that you're either male or female. Am I right, CasualGran? When you picked the boy/man did the king address you as such? That's a nice bit of programming if so. Otherwise the game is your average match-3 with your average powerups.

As always, I played on my laptop running Windows HP. The game ran smoothly for the full hour. I didn't experience any bugs, glitches, or tech issues of any sort.

While it's not a game I'll buy, I'm sure there are those who will enjoy.

Have Fun Y'all

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 28, 11 10:44 AM
I thought this game would be quite boring when I started playing it, but I'm around level 70, and it's gotten to be a lot of fun. Some of the boards are devilishly difficult because they have so many barriers and cutouts that it is hard to find a move. I also like the different modes -- find several keys, clear all the tiles, and avoid the monsters (often combined with one of the other two).

I want to clarify something Cherbtoo said: You cannot eliminate the monsters by "making a match over them." They are immovable. You can eliminate them by having the hero or heroine run right over them (normally by making a match below the monster, but be sure you know which way the tokens flow). Or you can zoom by them. The idea is not to end up in one of the 4 spaces that form a cross on the monster. Diagonals seem to be safe, and landing squarely ON the monster seems to wipe it out also. It's an interesting and different strategy issue, and I rather like it.

And of course I love the fact that this game has an optional untimed mode, very nice story pictures, and uses my player name in the dialog.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 28, 11 11:14 AM
I liked this Match 3 game. Gamers are correct in saying you have no problems getting around the monsters or whatever they called but it has a different feel to it and enjoyed the game play. I am always on the fence when it comes to buying a Match 3 game as I like saving my coupons for IHOG's, but this might be an exception. Good going BFG...

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 28, 11 12:06 PM
THANKS for the reviews.....

I LOVE M-3 that have the Relax mode that way I WILL buy I

OFF to DEMO

Happy Gaming

PEN

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 28, 11 12:10 PM
I've played half the demo so far. Better than most, in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure it's a buy for me.

Some innovative gameplay, and variety from one round to the next, so that's a big thumbs up. Also can choose timed or untimed - another big thumbs up. And the game is not hard on the eyes - not flashy sparkly bouncy - a big thumbs up again.

I don't care so much for the ambiance created by the music, but that's what the volume controls are for .

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 28, 11 4:17 PM
An solid match 3 game, but too simple and easy for me. Maybe for beginners a good game, but not a buy for me.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 28, 11 4:57 PM
This is a fun Match 3 but I am afraid it may get to repetitive. I like that you have to make your player move to certain objects and some times fight off Ogres. I played in timed mode and never used even half the time allowed.
The story was nice but I was hoping for a bit more adventure involved. For me to buy a match 3 I have to have other things to do than just match 3
Fun Game for a while. Sorry I need a bit more of challenge.

I give it 2 1/2 out of 5.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 28, 11 5:30 PM
i always think it's interesting when devs come up with a hybrid like this... take an RPG theme and put it into a M3 game like this one, or some other crazy mix... and when it works, i'm surprised, but when it doesn't really... well, then i just feel vindicated...

it's great that the board turns and there are other objectives besides getting the tiles cleared... fight off orcs and skeletons, open multiple chests to find treasure and keys... and the different villages you enter all give you great gifts for your vigilance - personally, i didn't know whether i should be proud to hang an orc head on my wall or feel a little creeped out...

the graphics are ok, the music is fitting, but at level 29 i was already feeling a little same ole, same ole... the shop has some alright upgrades, some of them very expensive, and not all of them usable...

i think this is going to be one of those games that kinda falls through the cracks.. the adventure folks are going to want more adventure and the M3 folks are going to have issues with the theme... those of us who like "different" are simply going to be deterred by the sheer repetitiveness of the game...

here's hoping this one finds a home somewhere!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jun 29, 11 1:37 AM
I liked this Match3 game. I played the demo in the untimed version (I hate being under timers too, they just make me freeze up, I know a "mental issue" there lol) I was disappointed when the hour was up. I think the the choice of timed play mode, the variation in play here and there and the "a little bit of everything" thrown into the game was a good plan. I give it a 9 out of 10 ......

anpd
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by anpd on Jun 29, 11 10:37 AM
Hi everyone, I am one of the developers of Herofy. Just wanted to drop by and say hi and that we are very happy to see that a lot of you seem to like the game! Happy gaming.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 29, 11 8:57 PM
I am not that big into M3's simply because so many of them do not offer an untimed mode and this one does! I find this fun and in places a little challenging. I'm enjoying this quite a bit and decided to buy it. Sure wish there were more M3's with no timer option!

Hi anpd just want to say thanks!

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Jun 30, 11 8:33 AM
This game is fun and a creative mix. It becomes more challenging as you play more levels. I wish that the devs had allowed use of the right click of the mouse to turn the board, and it could be stronger in some areas. Overall, I think M3 fans will enjoy it and others will too. Happy gaming! Thanks, devs!

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jul 2, 11 3:21 AM
Here is my review for Herofy.

GRAPHICS: 3 out of 5. Things are clear enough to see and the backgrounds are quite nice. I prefer something a little less cartoony, but that is a personal issue and not reflected in the score. All text is fairly easy to read. The only complaint is that it's all a bit boring. You must earn a lot of gold to get any decent power-ups that will make a bit of a splash.

SOUND: 3 out of 5. The music gets tiresome after a while. The "popping" sounds when you complete a row get annoying quite quickly and get higher in pitch when one match cascades into several more matches. The good thing is that you can adjust the sound effects and music levels to suit your taste.

GAMEPLAY: 3.5 out of 5. It is a different spin (excuse the pun) on Match 3. As you play, you can rotate the board to move your little character around on the screen. This adds a layer of strategy to the game. There is a tutorial that you must complete to get things started. Every time something new comes along, you get another pop-up tutorial on what to do. This makes it quite easy to get into in a hurry. You can opt for Timed or Relaxed play, which makes the game hard (Timed) or easy (Relaxed).

FUN FACTOR: 2.5 out of 5. Although there is an element of strategy, it's not different or interesting enough to really say "buy me". Match 3 fans should really take a good look at it and try the demo. People who really don't like Match 3 should try something else. RPG players: don't be fooled... there's nothing really here for us.

OVERALL: 12 out of 20. Sightly above average, small recommendation.

Hope I could help!
Happy gaming!

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Jul 2, 11 5:12 AM
very nice game good graphics and sound like the new take on matching game but a little to easy for me but great way to pass an hour

Go to: