NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Clear the waste deck award

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 29, 11 1:53 PM
Please can anyone help me with the award that says clear the waste deck without moving a card to the foundation? I am confused about how to win this award!

FunkiDave
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Clear the waste deck award

[Post New]by FunkiDave on Jun 30, 11 8:10 AM
Hi, here is a tip on that:

Resourcefulness – Clear the waste deck without ever playing a card to the foundation.

This award will take some patience and it is best to wait until you have access to more Kingdom cards. The first thing you’ll want to do, right off the bat, is to go to your options and turn off “Quick Play” to prevent any accidental clicking that will send cards flying to the foundation. Next, choose powers that will increase the number of possible legal moves available to you. Good ones include: Griffin, Monk, Prince, Bard, and Steed, and Hero or Super Hero (You don't need them all, but the more you have, the less tries it will take). Lady of the Lake and/or wizard will help you see what your options are. Since the goal to earn this award isn’t to achieve a high score, you should abuse the undo button like there’s no tomorrow. By this I mean, you’re going to want to test out and see what the best path to take when you uncover your tableau piles. You’ll want to use Bard and Steed roughly at the same time so you can uncover as much of the tableau piles as possible. Monk will obviously broaden your options and provide an easier way to distribute your cards.

[Post New]by burnelo on Aug 28, 11 7:15 PM
Just won this award today! You cannot place any Aces on the foundation, you must play them on the two's, but keep in mind not to accidentally place them to build on the foundation piles. Hope this helps!

Sirocco
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Sirocco on Oct 27, 12 12:06 AM
I am probably being stupid but I can;t understand what to do. I assume you have to end up with cards of all the same suit in four decks but when I placed an ace on a blank space followed by a same suit two it wouldn't let me nor could I place a same suit queen on a king so what is the process of events that should happen? Also if you are not using the foundation which card should go down first on the tableau to start building on the ace or the king? I mostly play double decks with the dragon card is that going to make it harder or easier? I hope my questions make sense and I would appreciate some help..so far I cannot get above 4.6 million points.
I am not a fast player... how important are speed bonus's to get a very high score?
Thank You

Sirocco
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Sirocco on Oct 28, 12 2:08 PM
OK I figured it out but for anyone who is making it over complicated as I was you just play normally placing a king on a free slot and then finishing with an ace at the bottom instead of putting the aces in the foundation, as long as you use the prince, bard and steed to create free cells in some ways it is easier than a regular game. There is no need for the cards to be in the same suit that happens at the end with auto complete when you have all the cards in four descending columns klondike style. I hope that helps...now working on the 95 moves....

[Post New]by Shalimarali on Feb 24, 13 10:07 PM
Looks like the "Monk and Steed" level from Dark Castle will be a good level to try to Clear the Waste Deck. It has the Monk, Steed, Wizard and lots of cards to waste. I'm trying this tonight. The "Double Down" from Dark Castle also looks like it has the potential to Clear the Waste deck. Wish me luck!

[Post New]by bevahlee on Apr 3, 13 8:36 AM
My husband just got this completed. He did not get the award. It was on a fresh game (not having the award yet) and he hit "auto complete" Is this why he did not get the award?/? He worked so hard to manage that game and had all the Kings to aces complete. What was he supposed to do, just go to menu?????

Go to: