silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Today's Daily Deal Reviews June 30 2011

[Post New]by silentpages on Jun 30, 11 1:13 AM
Based on the reviews from when this was a DD on September 22, 2010; I was leary. I only needed 1 punch for my card so hoping the DD would do it for me.
I gave it a shot & was really NOT impressed.
And seriously! With the thousands of games on BFG they have to recycle DD's in less than a year's time?

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Today's Daily Deal Reviews June 30 2011

[Post New]by silentpages on Jun 30, 11 1:44 AM
Come to think of it, I'm surprised they left the old DD thread up.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jun 30, 11 3:48 AM
I had NO idea BFG carried visual novels! I've always wanted to play one.

Does anyone know what the story is about? From what I gathered, there's some sort of spooky mystery, with dead bodies turning up... somewhere. But I've also seen one comment that "you'll like that if you like Twilight", but I despise that book (and the series), so... :/

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jun 30, 11 9:24 AM
Basically about vampires and such......haven't got any further in the game yet......(and now I have a visual reminder of how long it's beens since I played.....

Bad BFG!!!! for making me feel guilty!!!!!

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Jun 30, 11 9:42 AM
A total buy for me!! I read the bad reviews, but decided to try it out for myself. This is just what I have been looking for and didn't even know it. It is basically a choose your own adventure book with some interaction. I love story lines in games and this certainly has! If you don't like to read, then don't even bother here, because this is basically a book, not so much a game. There are some small mini games throughout and they are fun, but nothing fancy. Turn a dial to match up, move some lines around so they don't cross, move a little person around a board to escape..etc. I like the story and have bought it. Now, off to play some more!

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jun 30, 11 12:32 PM
Interesting concept, but just too annoying. Too much talk and not enough interaction.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jun 30, 11 3:06 PM
On the earlier comments, someone wrote that there are approximately 16 different outcomes. If you like to read, and want something different then this would be an excellent genre to start. Will give it a try at $2.99. Possible 16 endings? "Wow!"

Edited on 06/30/2011 at 3:07:29 PM PST

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jun 30, 11 3:55 PM
Played through 50 minutes of the demo. I like the game, but I'm not too sure about the story - it really looks like teenage romance with vampires and werewolves =___= I got to Chapter 2 and got confirmation about the vampires. My reaction was pretty meh...

Oh well, one more game needed to fill the punchcard, I can give it a try!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 1, 11 5:07 AM
I lasted 10 Min! I was getting very frustrated with all the reading. When I finally got to game play it was a spider web you had to untangle. I have done similar mini games before but not as involved as this one. Since there is no skip and I have limited time for play before going to work I am just going to delete it.
I really didn't care for the cartoonish graphics and there is far to much reading to be done. I am an avid reader of books and novels but not in my games.
Absolutely no buy for me!

Go to: