nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

This is an interactive novel FYI

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Jun 30, 11 9:47 AM
I am reading through and this is getting such terrible reviews. I understand that if your wanting a "game" this is going to dissapoint you. This is a book...a choose your own adventure style book. There are a few mini games tossed in, but it is almost all reading. If you go into it with that in mind, it is really, really good! I am an adult and used to playing the hard games like Ravenhurst, and RPG's etc. But this is such a nice change of pace! DON'T take the bad reviews to heart and ignore this one. If you love to read, then at least give this a shot.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

Re:This is an interactive novel FYI

[Post New]by vervaine on Jun 30, 11 11:38 AM
Exactly! To be honest, I'm tired of H0G people who come in and flame all rarer type of games on BFG, as if all games had to fall into either hidden object or TM/M3 category. Games come in variety of flavors, and just because a game is an RPG or a true adventure (large file, but not all LF are adventure =.= ), or a visual novel like this one, doesn't mean they're bad. They're just different genre for x's sake. Nobody comes to H0 DD threads and whines "oh, this game is pure garbage, nothing but lists of items to find in junk piles that are completely unrealistic and totally fake, it can bore a person to death, do not buy! worst 2.99 wasted ever!" :/

When I see a game forum flooded with bad reviews, I know that the game is either an absolute stinker or a game from rare genre, so a demo is a must. I'm an adult who likes third person action and horror point and click adventures, and likes to try out other types too. I'm so glad this turned up as DD today. If not for that, I wouldn't even know that BFG has this types of games... because guess what, adventure category is flooded with hidden object. - -

Please don't bash games just because they're not the genre you normally play. [removed by moderator]. :/

Edited on 06/30/2011 at 12:43:21 PM PST

Go to: