IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Post any Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight technical issues here only

[Post New]by IamJbar on Jul 1, 11 12:26 AM
I have been so looking foreward to this game. I was in such a great mood. Game downloaded in no time at all...everything looking good. And now, the game has been " Saving File" for the last 18 minutes.
Crash and Burn

Update: took forever to save file, but installed in less than 2 minutes. No Glitches that I can see so far, only a few minutes into the game.Definately looks to be well worth the wait.
Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend!

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 2:31:30 AM PST

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Technical Issues...Again

[Post New]by tishythree on Jul 1, 11 12:31 AM
game downloaded no problem but cant play it as all it does is flash rapidly on and off i have re-installed it three times with the same results

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jul 1, 11 12:36 AM
mine is taking ages too..."installing" for the last 10 mins

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 1, 11 1:21 AM
Mine downloaded and installed fine; runs well...only problem I had was a 'floating cursor', which I corrected by switching to the standard one.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Jul 1, 11 1:30 AM
I have the same problem. I can download but I can't install nor open the demo...so I don't know if this is a good or a bad game...Maybe later

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Jul 1, 11 2:31 AM
I'm having the same problem with this game that I had with yesterdays game. Won't run because I supposedly need to update my drivers. Oh well. I'll wait and see what CS says about the other game. Maybe it will fix this one too.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Post any Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 1, 11 2:32 AM
Hi everyone,

This thread has now been stickied.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 1, 11 3:33 AM
Wow! There was such a delay between when I click on something and It happens that I only last 10 min. and exited. It didn't happen during set up. I used the standard cursor not custom. This don't usually happen on my PC but it was to much to ignore with this game.

texasloony
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by texasloony on Jul 1, 11 6:06 AM
DOWNLOADED FINE... THEN SAID TRIAL EXPIRED!!

DIDNT EVEN GET TO PLAY IT

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 1, 11 6:18 AM
Cursor Issues Fix

This advice might be too late but...

Try turning off all Windows control panel (not the game options) mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors (use the Normal Select cursor), Snap To, etc. etc.

This simple step has fixed all my BFG cursor problems.

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 6:19:30 AM PST

texasloony
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by texasloony on Jul 1, 11 6:24 AM
ok finally got it to play

casualgran, set resolutiom to 1280 x 768-- that worked for me

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 6:25:02 AM PST

clpond53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by clpond53 on Jul 1, 11 7:42 AM
Here we go again... The game won't start because it wants me to update my graphic card drivers. My graphic card drivers are up-to-date and my computer is only one year old. What's going on BFG? I am so disappointed. Two days in a row...

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Jul 1, 11 8:13 AM
bratzgram wrote:Wow! There was such a delay between when I click on something and It happens that I only last 10 min. and exited. It didn't happen during set up. I used the standard cursor not custom. This don't usually happen on my PC but it was to much to ignore with this game.

This has happened with 4 games in the last week...all BF games. Never happens with other's games, like [removed by moderator], Playfirst, [removed by moderator]. When I contact BFG CS, attaching Dr. Felix, I get told they don't know why it's happening, and then offer me a coupon. What good will a coupon do me when I can't play the games that I want to begin with?! What do they expect me to buy with the coupon??? I'm very fed up with BFG that's for sure. It's comforting to know it's happening to others, although I feel bad that it is. My computer is only 1 year old and everything has been updated. I'm a stickler for making sure of that. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my Flash and Shockwave Players, to no avail.

If anyone has any other thoughts or ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for "listening" and I hope you don't continue having this problem with other games.

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 8:32:40 AM PST

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jul 1, 11 8:35 AM
ive downloaded game 3 times every time the picture has moved to the right so got big black space on left side and right hand side of the picture has disappeared off the right side of the screen,tried changing resolution but not helped...never had this problem before and downloaded another game and that one was fine

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jul 1, 11 1:35 PM
I bought and downloaded this game with no problems. And had no problems nor glitches until I got up into the balcony where the cursor and magnifying glass moved randomly in slow motion all over the place. I had no control over either the cursor or m/glass and couldn't get my cursor to do what I wanted. How can I fix this...any suggestions? Thank you.

crenita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by crenita on Jul 1, 11 2:27 PM
nope .. won't run... downloaded OK.. but when I try to open it. get error message...

deleted and redownloaded and same issue.. This makes me tired...

deleted.. won't try again.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 1, 11 4:09 PM
i have the same,mariannequilts!later in game,but it is the same!it is not the only issue with BF:i have very muche difficulty to reach forums and when i bought "hollow legends:shamain",after 3 hours ,i said 3 HOURS DOWNLOADING I PAUSED AT ONLY 75%!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm very very angry now and i believe i'm very near to cancel my member ship!they never did anything to help:very nice fellows but every time i had an issue,it's me who find solution!
the worth is they don't ear what we say !

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Jul 1, 11 4:11 PM
I am with you on this issue fairjuno and clpond53.
Whats with the drivers? Why is this an issue with some games and not the others?

sherstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sherstar on Jul 1, 11 6:24 PM
I am also with you rhorho, fairjuno, cipond53 - both this game and the last one Nightmare etc would not run due to error in drivers - huh? - all other games run fine - has BFG got a newbie developer or what? Sent message to CS with DrFelix attached file - all my drivers are updated - so will see what they say - I am also very frustrated - is BFG reading these forums???

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 1, 11 6:57 PM
What version of Win 7 are they using in Latvia? Maybe the games would be more compatible if we changed.

Go to: