bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jul 1, 11 2:32 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Intrigue Inc: Raven's Flight

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jul 1, 11 2:47 AM
Another HOG with secret agency/detective theme, this might be the best of this theme so far...I like the game, colorful/great graphics, the game also not too hard, puzzles are good, good story but i think there're too many HOG scenes. Sometimes you have to find objects and assemble it. Like it but no buy for me, will see if i will buy it later!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: B
Music: B
Puzzle: B
HOG Scenes: B
Gameplay: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 1, 11 2:55 AM
Yea, it looks like we get a good game. I really like this one. The graphics are great and the story is a good mystery, detective,who dun it. The game play really flows. I would say the only thing missing in this game is voice overs. I wish they would have added them. And that would have made this a number one game. But with this said, it's still a great game. Widescreen,good sound adjustments, with two modes of play. Definitley don't pass on this one. It's a buy for me and I'm sure for many others. And with the holiday sale, it looks like we can all be happy. Enjoy

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 1, 11 2:55 AM
I'll take a pass on this. The graphics are nothing special, the interactions are just okay, the storyline is nothing very original, and it does not have the sophisticaion in the programming that many of the more recent ( the last year or so) games do. I took the time to try several adjustments to my screen resolution, but I still could not get it to completely fill my screen (19"). The developers have not been listening to a great many of us, who state that penalties for incorrect clicks are extremely annoying. After a few mis-clicks, your cursor disolves for a couple of seconds. If you want to skip a mini-game, the penalty for that is loss of your hint for 5 minutes. As far as I am concerned this has nothing special to recommend it.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jul 1, 11 3:07 AM
After 30 mins of play in each mode! And no skips on puzzles found!
Developer: Skunk Studios. Options: Music, Sound Effects, Full Screen, Custom Cursor. Interface: Gestures (this is used when you pick something up that has to be moved around) and Don’t show Tips.
Challenge Levels: Casual or Advanced. Using Hints and/Or Tips adds 60 seconds to your Time Played, so I would think, no waiting for it to refill, but as I didn't use it, I couldn't say for definite. Also a Time Played Counter Hours and minutes
Interactions: Arrow, Jigsaw, Hand, Pointing Finger, Magnifying Glass. Gestures, Sparkles and Glints. H0 scenes sparkle continuous, Glints OFF in Challenge Mode.

Artwork: Crisp and clear. Some objects quite small in H0 scenes, but right click with the mouse brings up magnifying screen. Mixture of Normal H0 scenes with a list and inter-activity and FR0G scenes (for collecting items to put together or use, not little pieces of one object). I call this an IH0G/H0PA! Overclick Penalty: Cursor 'explodes' and disappears for seconds and a 'remark' is made at the top of the screen

This game filled my screen and I had no Technical issues, played beautifully. My OS is Win7 HP 64bit.

Story: You are keeping the world safe from Threats, Natural and Supernatural, and your tracking down a living legend ‘The Raven’ who has stolen the Golden Elephant, which you have to retrieve.

I did not think this game would interest me, as I’m not a James Bond or a Spy/Intrigue Fan, but it is a great deal of fun! And there is a LOT of interactivity. I played in both Modes, the Casual mode with Tutorial, very helpful for beginners, and Challenge (No sparkles at all).

In some actions 'thinking outside the box' comes in handy.

* * SORT OF SPOILER * * Hilite to read:

You ‘jerry rig’ something to help you inflate a raft, you ‘jerry rig’ a ladder to get higher, and even if you have found the screwdriver it won’t help cos it a cross-head one, and you need a flat!!

Very enjoyable game, and a lot of fun. I came out of the demo when I got to what looked to be quite an intricate puzzle (which I didn’t want to skip). With the Sale on this week-end you couldn’t go wrong but to get this game.

So many Bells & Whistles in the Options, it puts other games to shame.

4 stars from me

Kel

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 5:54:19 AM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jul 1, 11 3:24 AM
Wow really nice reviews guys!! Thank you!!

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 1, 11 3:34 AM
One thing about the missed clicks that game developers should know. We dislike them intensely and I for one ignore them because if I want to click a bunch of times on an object I will do so, then wait for the requisite punishment and continue to do so. What can they do anyway? It's just an annoying delay. When can we have done with this infantile punishment?

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 1, 11 4:42 AM
This game looks like a great deal of fun. Unfortunately I will never know any more than I was able to play in the demo.
There is horrible lag time between click and action for me. I did struggle through the demo though and here is what I found.

It offers casual and advanced mode. Because of the lag I played in casual. There are sparkles to help you along the way but not big bursts. Just a glimmer here and there. It also offers custom cursor which I didn't use due to issues that others had.
This downloaded fine but takes a while to load each scenes.

The story is great as are the graphics and music.

The hidden object scenes are very interactive but not very difficult since a hand pops up whenever you need to do something. There are scenes with item lists and scenes with picture lists. Nice change! You have to open and move things around in order to find some items. Some of the objects are very small. But on the bright side of that? There is a magnifying glass and the hint recharges in a few seconds.

The mini games are not to difficult but I did have to use a hint here and there. The few I did get to play were unusual and a fun change. Forgot to check for a skip button but didn't see one.

There is not a lot of reading to do but no voice overs either.

I love intrigue and they named this correctly. The story draws you in immediately. If it can do that when running as bad as it did it has to be a game worth playing.
Would definitely buy if it ran right!

My PC is a bit older than some so that may have something to do with the trouble running but this is the second game in as many days that I have been unable to purchase due to tech. issues. I haven't had much trouble up till now.

I would give this 41/2 out of 5 if I were able to play it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 1, 11 4:53 AM
What a nice and charming game. Graphic is not the greatest ever, thats for sure, but the gameplay is very good - very interactive. The game has also many hogscenes, maybe too many for someone. With the discount this weekend you shouldn`t miss it, especially if you are a lover from hidden object games

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 4:56:17 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 1, 11 5:10 AM
(Great review, Kel!)

Well, what a great first-of-the-month offering (at least, for HOG fans)! Even though I'm engrossed with "Dracula--Love Kills" right now, I'm sure looking forward to a "spy thriller"!

The storyline sounds like something from an Ian Fleming tale--rogue agent who's made off with a valuable artifact--let's go find him! The intro is really good--bad guy's dossier will "self-destruct" if you wait long enough! Cool! The Options menu has what we need, including cursor choice (for me, the game one was a bit sluggish, so I went with the system one). There's a choice of play modes, which, to me, means that the developers are paying attention to us gamers!

The graphics are crystal-clear and very colorful; hidden objects are sometimes a challenge, but there's a magnifying-glass option (as Kelvarda noted). Do you like interactivity with hidden objects, inventory, and things to do? Me, too--you'll find that here. Rechargeable hints (Yay!)--no searching for coins or clovers or shooting "bandits" (although that IS fun!).

Who would have thought that a Skunk and a would've given us this treat? I say, take advantage of the FOURTHOFJULY sale!

Edited on 07/01/2011 at 5:21:16 AM PST

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 1, 11 6:23 AM
I posted this under technical issues topic first but I bet some people don't read that topic as often as they do the reviews topic, so I thought I would drop a copy in here.

Cursor Issues Fix

This advice might be too late for some but...

Try turning off all Windows control panel (not the game options) mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors (use the Normal Select cursor), Snap To, etc. etc.

This simple step has fixed all my BFG cursor problems.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 1, 11 6:32 AM
ember89 wrote:well, i played a brief section... and i can tell you that at face value, it looks like a pretty good game if you like spies and intrigue

the graphics are really sharp, the music is subdued, the scenes are "dark" without being dark if you know what i mean... like it's nighttime, so it's supposed to be dark, but you can still stuff in the scene like you've got some kind of ambient light source... still for those of you who need more light to find hidden objects, i would suggest boosting your brightness

there are hog scenes, some to find whole objects, some to find pieces... there are interactive spots as well, in the HOG scenes as well as the game areas... the objects aren't difficult to find, not super tiny or color-blended...

you have an active inventory where you collect objects to use in other scenes, and there are puzzles to solve with your objects... i haven't come across a straight puzzle, though...

check out the dossier on your criminal as it is rigged to "automatically self-destruct" loved that part!! there is also {SPOILER} a cute cat toy you get to build! or actually a rather ugly and eventually smelly one...

look forward to playing the rest of my demo later - once i've had some sleep - and will probably have more to comment on then...

happy chasing

i stand by my earlier assessment and stress that the existence of solitary, rack your brain, 'need to solve it' puzzles are pretty much going to be few and far between... there are a lot of "how am i going to get this done?" type puzzles where you use what you have to make something happen...

the game would definitely hit a high note with some voice acting, but then who's to say that they wouldn't come up with a voice everyone disliked? when in doubt, stick to the plan!

i was really hoping that the whole "chessboard" thing would turn out to be more than it did, but i also think that was asking too much... as it turns out i was able to play to the end of the demo with time left on the clock, so i will be anxious to see what a walkthrough says i accomplished...

to the brainiacs, this is light, fun, and entertaining... to everyone, the game is built well and you'll find yourself easily immersed in this world of 'intrigue' as you follow raven in an attempt to find out what his plans are and stop him!

again, happy chasing!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 1, 11 6:35 AM
p.s. - there is a SKIP button - as bratzgram was wondering... it charges fairly fast in my book!

ffap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ffap on Jul 1, 11 7:59 AM
A no buy for me.I guess it has a lot to do with the graphics and tiny little objects that are not clearly defined,but mostly it is just not my kind of HOG.I found the raft and hair dryer task a bit irritating and am not fascinated by the story.The background music also irritates me.I played about 35 minutes and quit.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Jul 1, 11 8:01 AM
I am not a H0G fan, and there are many in this game, but at least they are not all just lists, but include picture finds--and they are interactive. I also appreciate that the objects are often found in logical places, and not always just a in big pile 'o nonsensical junk.

I have reached (but not completed) chapter three, and I still have 20 minutes left on the demo. There are six chapters in all. So, 20 minutes per chapter . . . maybe two hours to play the whole thing?

I agree with others, the story is kind of fun, but I am really on the fence as to whether I will buy it. I have pretty much stopped buying any junk pile games, but since this is not standard, I am considering it. It also seems quite short. Maybe I'll buy as a weekend special.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jul 1, 11 8:28 AM
My thoughts for whatever they're worth:

On the plus side from the very beginning you do things a bit differently than you typically do to get things done in a H0 game. Example: possible spoiler, highlight to read: using a boot to smash a piggy bank to get a coin or using a butter knife to unscrew a panel because the screwdriver you found lying right next to it is the wrong type. I did not find the story particularly engaging nor did I personally find anything outstanding about music graphics or artwork. What did appeal to me was having to think outside the box and in some cases have to do what one would normally do in real life if a tool of some sort wasn't readily available.

I play, as always on my laptop running Windows 7 HP 64bit. I did not experience in tech problems or slow downloads. I played in casual mode. The game is not for me as I don't appreciate being penalized for skipping a puzzle.

Have Fun Y'all

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Jul 1, 11 9:38 AM
I'm not all that good at reviewing games, so I'll just say this...
I enjoyed the game very much I like how interactive the scenes are, and I like the **** scenes that are almost like a FROG setup; you use everything you find, and that always makes me happy. This game is by Skunk Studios; they are the ones who gave us the Flux Family games. I've got two punchcard "awards" coming, and I will definitely use one of them on this game (I'd totally be willing to pay for it, but I've kinda gone overboard on the Collector's Editions in June). Fun game, thanks devs!

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 1, 11 10:24 AM
elldee2728 wrote:(Great review, Kel!)

Well, what a great first-of-the-month offering (at least, for HOG fans)! Even though I'm engrossed with "Dracula--Love Kills" right now, I'm sure looking forward to a "spy thriller"!

The storyline sounds like something from an Ian Fleming tale--rogue agent who's made off with a valuable artifact--let's go find him! The intro is really good--bad guy's dossier will "self-destruct" if you wait long enough! Cool! The Options menu has what we need, including cursor choice (for me, the game one was a bit sluggish, so I went with the system one). There's a choice of play modes, which, to me, means that the developers are paying attention to us gamers!

The graphics are crystal-clear and very colorful; hidden objects are sometimes a challenge, but there's a magnifying-glass option (as Kelvarda noted). Do you like interactivity with hidden objects, inventory, and things to do? Me, too--you'll find that here. Rechargeable hints (Yay!)--no searching for coins or clovers or shooting "bandits" (although that IS fun!).

Who would have thought that a Skunk and a would've given us this treat? I say, take advantage of the FOURTHOFJULY sale!

Totally agree. Played the demo 5 minutes and bought.......

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 1, 11 10:33 AM
Have not finished the trial, but like it so far. Like the mixture of having IHOG and HOGs in another scene. Graphics are great as far as I have gone. I enjoy SKUNK studio games and they are always crisp and clear. Storyline is good and it will be a great buy for the 4th of July weekend..

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jul 1, 11 11:00 AM
Hi everyone!!

So far I am liking the game. I still have time left on the demo. My main issue is with the "Hints" button. When you click on it, there is a sound but I could not see any bright sparkles or circle around the object to see it. When I saw one object I clicked on Hint, to see what it showed but there wasn't an obvious flashing that caught your eye right away. There is some type of flashing of the object but it didn't last long enough to see it in time to click on it

Other than that I like the game. The graphics are really nice. The music is okay. I have it turned down low because I sometimes listen to my TV while I play. The story line is interesting.

This game is definitely a buy with the sale going on. It's worth $4.99.

Go to: